Reviews for An' it Ain't Even Rainin', Ma
williambrandt chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Amazing story, I love it.
I love how sad it is, but still has that small, childish vibe to it.
I love how Darry's so stubborn in this. Its awesome.
Beautiful story, instant fave.
nicolalala chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
All I can say is wow...

That was really amazing!
At the beginning I thought it was going to be a cute light hearted one-shot, which it was at first, but then it changed into sadness.

I don't even know how to explain this, I could write a two page review about how much I adore this and how well it is written, but I really do have to go do my homework.

But again, great job!
DarkWitch chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
What? Nice... Confusing though
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Heartbreaking. Darry was always my favorite and I think you've captured him perfectly.
xyoung.and.wild.and.freex chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
oh, gosh, this is just amazing. from the beginning to the end, i couldn't help but absolutely love this. i fell in love with your characterization of darry. i feel like he doesn't get enough love out of the curtises, and he deserves it. i love how darry named ponyboy and how he reacted when ponyboy didn't like his name later on.

so, in a nutshell, i love this entire thing. keep writing, please. your things are always a pleasure to read. (:
bad mornings chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
This was beautiful. I loved it. Made me cry. :') Great job. :)
thebutterfliesarewilting chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Daddy'd have to deal with her shenanigans later.- that's so sweet. You put so much emotion in this story. Every emotion, really. I love the whole thing. I like when Soda gets the letter. The end of that one was perfect. And how you put such little details and descriptions that make the story so perfect. It's amazing. I really can't say that enough. And I love that Darry named Pony. And that he took Pony and Soda in so easily, without story is perfect. It couldn't have been better. It's amazing. I'm serious. I'm glad I found this, or I would be missing out.

Stay Gold

Layla
Begonias chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
LOVE IT!
Iamafanoftoomanythingstoname chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Cute story!

"Darry, by contrast, had big pale blue eyes—who ever crooned over pale blue?" Ha, I would've. I just love blue eyes! Plus I know Darry was probably such an adorable little kid... with that dark brown hair and blue eyes... so cute! If I was there, I would've been the only one crooning over him. I love Darry! .

I loved how Darry was the one that named Ponyboy.

Keep up the good work! :)
Leah chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Yet another one of your beautiful stories! C: As always, this one-shot was incredibly written. The rapid mood changes were interesting in that you managed to pack so many emotions -from frustration to love to grief- in 2701 words.

Although I hate the idea of Sodapop dying in 'Nam, it was a little more bearable with your writing. You use some interesting/odd adjectives and adverbs. It suits you.

And as always, congratulations and please keep writing! :)
TheCullenThatWasAGreaser chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Crappy? Are you serious? I. LOVED. THIS.! You deffinately know how to make me cry. This story just touched me in a way that I have only read/seen a few other times. I like how you can really see inside Darry's head, too. If you would please send me a box of tissues, it would be very much appreciated; you made me cry like a baby. This story is deffinately on my favorite list now.

Stay Gold
OutsidersFanatic chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
That was not crappy in any way, shape, or form. Never say that about you're writing. You are fabulous.

I really liked this, it was touching, and heartfelt, and sweet, etc. I like that Darry named Pony, and I like how he came up with it. Cute.

The part with Soda was really sad, but when you think about it, you can't really picture anyone else dying. Pony- forget about it. Darry- Soda and Pony'd be thrown in a boys' home, probably. And he's Superman, indestructible. Soda's just so, like, perfect, that he doesn't need that long to live a good life. (I'm copying that. I've read it somewhere, about how dogs have shorter lives than humans. It was a really sweet story.) But seriously, out of anyone in the gang, only Soda makes sense to die in the war. Ew, I'm rambling now. I'll shut up and leave. /bows/ Another excellent work, my friend.

-OutsidersFanatic
TheNightimeSky chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
This is actually amazing.

I have no idea how you manage to write like this, but I'd kill to have this sort of talent. I loved how you had all of these creative, amazing bits of dialogue - you have the best dialogue out of anyone I've seen here, practically - with the idea that girls can clean themselves, like cats ... and the soooong, and Darry naming Ponyboy, ahhh. So perfect.

And I swear, I almost started bawling when his dad was like, "you can take care of me when I'm old and wrinkly." I was like, "...O_O"

And the reoccurence of different elements, like the umbrella (duh), and the color of Darry's eyes ... and the thunder.

I mean, the symbolism - connection - between the umbrella and the thunder, especially near the end when he didn't "feel so alone", was sort of lost on me, but it really had a sort of cohesion to it that I feel like made the story evenbetter.

Great job, as usual!
divine energy chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Hi there! :)

At the start, I was pretty dubious that his mother would curse in front of him, since they didn't seem that kind of parents, and from the punishment he was delivered! But then when I realized she was pregnant, I supposed that was an explanation.

Before I forget, I wanted to say, I liked Darry's wondering if his father could wash his mother's mouth out. It seemed so idle! It really gave the best feeling that he was a child, if you know what I mean.

I love your Soda. He's so ... I don't know if chirpy's the right word! But I do love him, he's adorable. He's my favourite character, so it's nice to see people keeping him ... well, in character!

I love this bit "Would he have to do it? He didn't know th first thing about cleaning. Besides, he wasn't even tall enough to reach the sink."

It's endearing. Very cute.

I love the little prince comment. Very cute as well.

Oh and of course they crooned over Sodapop. Haha, be careful you don't go too overboard!

I pitied Darry though. I can see that being a big issue in their early childhood! The thing with the name worked very well, it was well executed :D

The scene when Darry found out... I loved it. It was sheer gold. The way it was written, I had to read it a couple of times to understand, but once I did, I got really really sad.

The way it opened - perfect. The entire last part, PEEERFECT. And even Soda, winking at him, and the BOOM he just threw up. Very effective. This was a fantastic piece of writing.

The next part was also very effective, mostly the last sentence. Very very good.

And then the next part. NOOOOOO. HOOOOOW can you fit so much tragedy into one itty bitty one-shot? THIS is when I started to well up.

AND THEN HE DIED? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. WHYYYY? This was very upsetting for me.

The feeling I got was that the umbrella brought all the bad luck, is that what you were trying to convey? Or am I turning all English teacher on you and analyzing it more than the author probably did? Not sure.

The ending was very good too.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed this, looking out for more from you in future!
Arsosah chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
I really love this! It started with a sweet childhood-story and ended so sadly...

I could have copied and pasted my favorite quotes here but then I had to copy the whole story I think. Really good work! It's been favorited.