Reviews for Once More, With Feeling
Mermaid Ninja chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
That Yeul couldn't have been reborn. She and Noel were the only humans left, remember?
wynteralchemyst chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
First off, I have to ask: did the title come from a Regina Spektor song?

This was so much fun to read. When I played XIII-2, I really wanted to hate Yeul (because of the hints toward the NoelxYeul-ness, and I am an utter NoelxSerah fan), but I couldn't do it. She seemed so much of a victim of her circumstances with an innocent heart, but an understanding far beyond her years. You perfectly captured this perception of her, and you didn't really push the NoelxYeul-ness. Whatever you choose to do with Yeul after this, I liked it. :)
Distant Glory chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I'd just like to preface this review by saying that I really liked this, alright? Rest assured of that. I think this gives us a nice glimpse into what might have been going through the mind of 700AF Yeul as she approached the end of her life.

However, I am a little confused about the precise timing of this. Admittedly, A Dying World is a confusing level and it is hard to tell the exact pacing of events, especially towards the end, but the impression that I got was that some time passed from Yeul's birthday before her death. And I could have sworn that Noel mentions Caius leaving before Yeul died...

Anyway, that's about the only nitpick I have. :) Like I said, I really liked this. Especially Yeul going to the trouble of making Caius that headband - that's really adorable! (But I am a sucker for all Caius/Yeul interaction ever.) And I found your interpretation of Yeul's death quite interesting, too - a slow decline, a literal sucking away of life force, rather than a sudden price extracted. It contrasts nicely with Serah, which was doubtless your intention.

I hope you'll write more of Yeul in future. She doesn't get nearly enough appreciation in the fandom. ;)
inkbender chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Lovely narration by Yeul. Makes me want to see that cutscene all over again
MelliCorynne chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
I really like this. I like that there aren't any particular pairings, as I always pictured Yeul as being impartial in the first place. Nice story!
xSapphireLightsx chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Aw Yeul T.T it's wonderful to read a piece on this character and from her perspective, just with how she saw things like the town and how she viewed Caius and Noel (she made that feather thing for him? aaaw T.T) and how as Guardian's they treated her. It made me feel sad how she was getting gradually weaker that she had to put effort into smiling when Noel came by (that's something I would've liked to have seen in Serah in the game, if you saw her get worse.) Even the bit with her death, their words were the same yet I never felt I was reading the same thing, more like I was hearing it from another view.

But yesh this was a beautiful read. I think i'm going to listen to sad songs now. T.T