Reviews for Shadowed Path
Dalebeto Feninski chapter 7 . 3/1/2014
Aww, that was cute
Heart of the Demons chapter 7 . 2/24/2014
I liked this chapter through and through. It's obvious Axis wants to be free from Mumm-Ra's grip, but he doesn't seem to have any choice or say in the matter. His Uncle Grune is grooming him to be a warrior, no matter how much the boy wants to object. The Axis-Cazerak interactions were perfect, and them encountering Salariss and the Hidden Blades was a brilliant surprise. It appears that the all-female group of lizards want to help Axis and Cazerak escape from Mumm-Ra's lair. Cazerak wanting to defend Axis was also perfect, which deepens the boy's respect for him. You'll get your muse back soon enough, and then you can write "ThunderCats" with a passion once again.
Heart of the Demons chapter 6 . 1/15/2013
Axis's time in Mumm-Ra's pyramid has him more terrified than ever when he stumbles upon Mumm-Ra's tomb chamber, where he and Grune torture Jaga for information. That moment is when Jaga looks at Axis briefly, suddenly being given new hope. Mumm-Ra ushers the cub out of the chamber, and Cazarak returns Axis to his room. Grune appears to Axis later and urges his nephew not to reveal what the cub saw. It looks like Axis is being slowly motivated. Keep up the writing, Lady Black Mage.
Heart of the Demons chapter 5 . 1/10/2013
Axis's first day of training is not easy. He doesn't wanna go through it at first, but then he spots the gauntlet, and somehow it inspires him to beat it; but he fails. Still, his first training day has given him hope somewhat that he'll beat the gauntlet one day. I love your characterization of Axis so much.
Heart of the Demons chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
Grune really is a terrible uncle to Axis. He says he won't let Axis get hurt, yet leaves the boy on his own to do Mumm-Ra's bidding. Shame on Grune. But Axis's character will get plenty of development, as will Cazarak and Slythia. That's a promise I know you'll keep.
Heart of the Demons chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
It's so sad Axis is the nephew of a shady cat like Grune. He deserves to live a happy and peaceful life. But since his mother's death, nothing for him will ever be the same again. His loyalty to Mumm-Ra will make his life even more complicated. It's all so wrong to him, especially with his uncle serving Mumm-Ra. There just might be a loophole somewhere for Axis to breach.
Philip Gipson chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
Supremely well done on this chapter. Muaraine seemed like an interesting character, as did Axis, her son and Grune's nephew. Muaraine had plenty of patience for her brother to arrive, and he actually did, but not in the way Muaraine thought. The last thing she did before the lizards killed her was that she was protecting her son during Thundera's downfall. Now THAT is intense. You've gotta keep on writing.
blueeyesjdaly chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
This was absolutely wonderful. I love the snapshots of daily Thunderian life, which make it so real and the nephew of Grune. I can really feel for the plight of both Grune and his sister, and I like stories that address the more "mundane" people besides the heroes. Though your Grune is far kinder than how I pictured him, I am still really enjoying this. Grune and Panthro’s reactions were great. Definitely want to read more!
Philip Gipson chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Cleverly written. It gives some insight into Grune's personal life and why he is the way he is. He thought he could become general so he could rule over all of Thundera, but man, was he wrong. So instead, he and Panthro have to find the Book of Omens. To hear of Grune's sister's husband's death is what REALLY sends the sabertooth down a dark path. I really and truly thank you for this.