Reviews for One Heart
Hawki chapter 1 . 3/22
-“I live here Tigger.” Owl pointed out with a chuckle.

Should be a comma after “Tigger” instead of a full stop. It’s a mistake repeated numerous times throughout the piece.

-"You gotta help me Owl!" He shouted, grabbing the raptor by the shoulders and shaking him. "Easy my boy, easy! Now calm down. What's this you say about being lost?"

Need to start a new line when Owl begins talking, as per dialogue convention.

-“Or his beautiful mother for that matter.”

…is…is that a thing? In some Winnie the Pooh continuity/adaptation/fanfiction community…did that become a thing?

…just wondering. 0_0

-Okay, despite everything I’ve said, this is actually a good story. However, the how’s and why’s of why it’s good is something I thought best to leave until the end, as its strengths come from the writing as a whole more than any one piece of it I can point out. But anyway, I’m calling this good for the following reasons:

1: It’s written in a manner suited for children, but is still readable. What I mean is, that the tone is very in keeping with the books. Or at least as far as I can remember, it’s been ages since I read them (and I don’t think I read all of them), and I’m admittedly in the position where Disney’s portrayal of Pooh and co. is what springs to my mind first. But that aside, I think on its own, it’s very suited for the tone of the series.

2: The characters. This is the main strength of the piece, in that they’re all portrayed quite accurately, and all correspond to an emotional theme…sort of. But yes, the accurate point still stands. Owl is wise. Tigger is…well, Tigger. You manage to get his style of speech down, and you manage to make him NOT annoying, so that’s a personal plus. Kanga was a character who always felt in the background from what I recall, but of what that recollection entails, you do cast her well as the caring mother. And Roo is very much a child, but written as a child well. How miserable it is to have the flu, and that being a child, you can be afraid, and it’s alright to be afraid.

So yes. Characterization-wise, everything’s down to pat.

3: Themes. This is kind of a point that stems from points 1 and 2, but I thought it best to give it its own entry. Overall, if I had to sum up the theme of this oneshot, it would be friendship/family. To which I suppose some who read this review might say “nah, really?” And admittedly, yes, I’m a bit hesitant to call this a theme per se, but there’s certainly an undercurrent to these aspects in the piece. That all the characters’ interactions are driven by their friendship (Tigger’s concerned about Roo, Tigger asks Owl, Owl’s a friend, so helps a friend who’s concerned about a friend, etc.), or family (Kanga looking after her son). Like I said, more of a by-product of the writing style and characterization, but thought it worth giving props. That, and you mention “grown up” themes in your author’s note. Honestly, I think this is fine for grownups. Any grownup can value friends/family as much as a child.

The one exception to this is the romance aspect between Tigger and Kanga, which, IMO, feels out of place. Up until this point Tigger’s been concerned about Roo, but it ends with romance because…reasons. Like I said, maybe this is a ‘thing,’ or was a ‘thing,’ but it feels out of place in the context of this oneshot.

But that aside, good job.
Quanktumspirit chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
Oh god, super sweet. Can you please read my Winnie Poo story. It is about Rues father. Thank you for writing this perfect story. :)
RustyPete12 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Dang. This was a heart wrenching story... I loved it!
Hatter and Hare Productions chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Dear Boondock Jake,

You may not be a big Pooh fan, but you are a darn-good writer. Actually, it's because you're not a Pooh fan that I admire this beautiful work all the more. It takes skill and dedication to write what you are unfamiliar with, and I praise you for that. The work itself is darn good too, powerful yet keeping to the heart of the characters (a challenge in itself). My only criticism is that I saw a few grammer mistakes; otherwise, excellence!

Sincerely Mad,
The Marvelous March Hare
Plastic Emotion chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Oh goodness the feels. All over and around. Very well written and just so...well. My heart strings were pulled.
Shen's General chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
*Sighs* Man, I wish that there were better stories for this sections like this.
Organ Man chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Oh man, that was adorable! Well done.
ChaoticCrazy chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Man, this was nice. Very emotional in the latter portions, and makes me actually believe such a relationship is possible in the Hundred Acre Woods, unlike say Tigger and Rabbit.
PhineasFlynns chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I teared up, then actually cried. I feel quite pathetic for it, yet I regret nothing!

This was BEAUTIFUL! it was amazingly written. You did a fantastic job. Tigger is my favorite character in the show, and the way you portrayed him was just perfect. I loved it so much.

Bravo. You did amazingly. For someone that doesn't like Winnie the Pooh, you could have fooled me.

TLOSpyrogirl chapter 1 . 3/15/2012