Reviews for Something Gold
Guest chapter 5 . 8/17/2014
Thank you very much for sharing. This was recommended to me on Supernatural Storyfinders, in the past I had quite bad asthma and wanted to read asthmatic Dean. I got a lot more than I asked for in this story. Touching, beautifully written story that really delves into the boys personalities and relationship. Thank you.
SachaSacha chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
It was kind of painful reading this fic, but the good kind of painful. Like when you hurt for the characters as they hurt and feel too much and the worlds feels so empty and you think the story won't end well, can't end well. It was great. Thank you for the wonderful read.
spndeansammylov chapter 5 . 9/30/2013
i like it
zombiicat chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
No matter how much Supernatural fanfiction I read, Something Gold was my first and it still remains my favorite. I adore it as I've read it, but I am curious about the deleted scene you mention in your notes. Any chance you could send it to me or link it here? And could you also let me know where you originally placed it in the story? Thanks. No worries if you don't want to send it, I will still enjoy your story immensely. The image of the brothers holding onto each other's belts as they're forced to sleep on precarious ledges while climbing out of hell continues to resonate with me. Thanks again.
Tutups chapter 5 . 11/10/2012
This has got to be easily one of the best soft wincest fics I've ever read, you make it feel so much longer than 5 chapters somehow and still left me wanting to know what happened after the end- that's a gift you have right there, and even if it's not in this fandom or it's on an OW please don't let it go to waste because that really would be a shame.
Setzrath chapter 5 . 4/18/2012
Thank you for writing and posting this amazing story.
Dixie chapter 5 . 3/27/2012
This was one of the most intriguing stories I have every read. I would just love to take adorable, precious Dean and hug him to pieces. Your imagination is wonderful. I am a little upset that you don't watch the show anymore. It is your loss. It is still a very good show and very interesting. I would never give up watching it, just to see the boys and how they interact.
ccase13 chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
I would be very curious to see both your original author's notes and the deleted scene.

This really IS a wonderful story. I'm a lifelong science fiction lover and I especially love stories of what the last few survivors do after the end of the world. This is one of the really good ones.

I've always felt from watching the brothers that Sammy crying for attention would be about the only thing that would talk Dean into having sex with him. Dean so strongly desires that Sam have the best of everything. They did make a pretty pair at the end of the world.

I especially loved Dean as a scientist and having checked out Area 51. It's one of the tragedies of the Winchesters' lives that Dean missed an education. The extreme car restorations and homemade EMF meter hint at real talent.

Thanks for posting this for us. I'm very short of money and have never been able to buy zines.
Ster1 chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
You've always been one of my fav fic writers and so, reading even one of your older fics is a treat. But it was bittersweet, seeing that this posting was your farewell to fandom. I guess I'd always selfishly hoped you'd finish your WIPs (Cracked was a particular fav of mine, since I love hurt Dean and I'd never seen that subject handled as well by any other SPN writer) but I know sometimes things just don't work out. So thank you for the stories you did write and best of luck! And who knows? Maybe someday your Muse might feel inclined to revisit the world of the Winchesters again :)
KAZ2Y567i chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
Dear Tracy,

It saddens me to read that you no longer watch Supernatural and are not going to update your SPN WIP's. For awhile I was hoping that you'd update Double Blind. After a few PM's & posts back and forth you assured me that you were no longer in that headspace and that this fic wouldn't be continued. I can but live in hope...*heavy sigh*.

I have enjoyed your fics immensely, both at fanfic, Dreamwidth and LJ.

White Ladder is my favourite, followed closely by Double Blind and then Something Golden.

I have read that a few other SPN fic writers have become disheartened with the way the series has progressed and I don't blame you for turning your back on the series. I almost did-season 6 was the worst for me. But could you reconsider your stance? Why not go back to the early series for your inspiration to write a fic or two? You're right that we can't all be a Rob Thurman.

But if my pleading won't change your mind then I thank you for your fics and respect your decision in "letting go".

You will be missed by this reader.
Maz101 chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
That is the *BEST* story I have read in a long while. In any of the fandoms I frequent.

Beautifully done, wonderfully well written. I wish it wasn't rated M so those readers who filter would see it too - I am so smug in my author alert choice right now.

It is just marvellous Winchester AU - normally I would pick out the bits I like most but, honestly, I cannot...just all of it...everything!

While your note made me sad, your story made me so happy. It's going to stay with me. Thank you!
diamysue chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
this is just wow!i love your writing way your writing sets the mood and atmosphere is simply had me tearing up in places all over the story and i just love how you describe dean and sams relationship in such a realistic this is probably my new favorite supernatural fic.