Reviews for Lapis and bourbon, amen
aspiringmuse11 chapter 7 . 11/5/2013
I love the concept of your Dalaric Fic-well written and definitely enjoyed the dilemma of turning into a vamp for Ric, it suited his character well. The last few chapters leading up to the change were GREAT! Damon and Ric great chemistry and easiness about them being together was shown through your writing... I second the idea to a sequel Damon and Alaric traveling the world as Vamps and having messy-vamp love-making! :D

I absolutely LOVED THE CROW SCENE-that was written beautifully 3
Cake scene was cute!
Dying in Damon's Arm wow :D

Runs to read more of your fanfic!
scorpionattitude chapter 7 . 6/18/2013
I really enjoyed this story and how you made ric's choice a big deal. I like how you portray Damon. This was a great story and pair, keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 7 . 5/12/2013
Amazing story, so well written and in charchter!
Slayer2003 chapter 3 . 12/2/2012
I'm not really sure how I stumbled upon this story, as it's not really my usual scene, but I'm so glad I did. It is so perfectly crafted - writing, characters, plot. A few favourite moments from this chapter:

"Bright and breezy, the girl Stefan loved first and best, before werewolves and doppelgangers and all the rest." I think this really hits the Stefan/Elena thing on the head, even if Stefan has never admitted it so explicity. Also just a lovely line that resonated with me. Also, the bit where Matt just asks for cake after Damon's admission of love for Alaric. Pure Matt and a great bit of levity.

Anyway, I'm going to keep reading now, and leave you something a bit more detailed reviewed when I get all the way through.
TMR54 chapter 7 . 11/27/2012
Fluffy ending, yaayy! Hahaha Much more my style! You're a really talented writer. Like, I know the characters aren't yours and stuff, but you really make it feel like they are... I can totally picture fluffy Damon in my head, being all loving and caring to Alaric. And the storyline is so excellent and thought out and well written. Really good job! Can't wait to read more! :P
Jess chapter 7 . 11/8/2012
Really cute story! loved your writing style!
Bocamere chapter 7 . 10/5/2012
Wonderful story. As always your writing style and characterization were great and delightful to read.
2serendipity chapter 7 . 6/14/2012
Well, you absolutely earned yourself another review for this story.

In my heart of hearts, I'm a staunch Delena-fan, but on occasion I find myself being sad for Damon and Ric, for the way they ended things on the show, and I wanted to read something Damon/Ric (not necessarily slash, bc that in itself doesn't do much for me), but just... Damon and Ric. I found your story. I read it. It was very well written, and I found the atmosphere you created (don't know how else to describe it), while tinged with a certain melancholy, to be quite enchanting.

And I'm of the opinion that Damon deserves happiness wherever he can find it. And you gave him that. Thank you.
2serendipity chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Wow. I simply wanted to tell you that I loved this chapter. Two things especially almost made me cry.

This. "Damon crosses the room to nestle his nose into Alaric's neck, to smell the blood that flows just beneath his skin. Doesn't speak, just presses the length of his body against Alaric's, lets his hands settle lightly on Alaric's hips, and breathes, and breathes."

And this. "And then hours later, full of fresh seafood and spices and wine and bourbon, after a couple of rounds of exhaustive sex that make Alaric feel like the world is righting itself at last, after Damon has bitten him, completing their little dance, after he's told Damon about Boston and the crazy South African nurse and his brilliant father who can read the strings Damon rolls over to kiss Alaric deeper than deep and says "I love you, too."

Beautiful.
sauntervaguelydownwards chapter 7 . 6/8/2012
ok, I seriously love this story.

I'm pretty late to the party on shipping this pairing, but of the many fics i've read since the finale this is by far my favourite.

The first few chapters, where Alaric was so distant and Damon was trying so hard to find out why just made me hurt, but by the end i was grinning along with them, which shows how good your writing is.
Secretphobia chapter 4 . 4/20/2012
Your writing makes me feel all gooey inside. I've never read any Alaric/Damon before, never really fancied it, but I'm officially converted. It's so hard to come across well written stories, especially ones where the characters are so IC.
Taylor La Rue chapter 7 . 4/6/2012
I truly loved the tone and emotion set forth in this piece. Dalaric is my favorite ship and I truly could picture them living vampily ever after! I'm totally in for reading a follow up to this fic!
ninasdreams chapter 7 . 3/24/2012
And this was lovely compensation for the heartbreak of your other story. You paint the relationship between them beautifully. I really enjoyed the way you addressed where everyone else is right now without losing any of the focus on Alaric and Damon. Favorite scenes were the red velvet cake affair, the crow, and Ric telling Damon 'I love you' for the first time. I love reading about Damon's heightened emotions, and the thought and reasoning behind Ric's choice was perfect & believable.

Nina
starzee chapter 7 . 3/19/2012
See if I say please enough times will you sequel this? This is absolutely fantastic. Seriously. I loved the 'It will always be like this' line. I can tell that this will be one of those stories I read over again :D
starzee chapter 6 . 3/19/2012
"It'll be your last drink, so you should make it a big one

That was an amazing line. I loved it. This is seriously my favourite Damon/Alaric story!