Reviews for The Empty House
Autumn Bells chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
This is the best post-Reichenbach I have read! Honest! Most of them are so out of character and such that I couldn't bare to read them through. This one was well-written and very concise! I really enjoyed reading it! Thank you so much
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Hi. Just came back to be a dick again, but *mobile, not cell, and *car park, not parking lot.
Slenderlock chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
"I moved my head to look at the cabinet behind me. When I turned again Sherlock Holmes was standing smiling at me across my study table. I rose to my feet, stared at him for some seconds in utter amazement, and then it appears that I must have fainted for the first and the last time in my life. Certainly a grey mist swirled before my eyes, and when it cleared I found my collar ends undone and the tingling after taste of Brandt upon my lips. Holmes was bending over the chair, his flask in his hand.

"My dear Watson," said the well remembered voice, "I owe you a thousand apologies. I had no idea that you would be so affected." - From 'The Adventure of the Empty House'
Nocturnias chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Well, I'm glad this was Sherlock/John friendship, as I don't ship them.

But this was beautiful, warm, funny and so very... alive in some way I can't really explain. Lovely.

And good for John for punching him in the face. :)
Sky Writes chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
" I went back to therapy for you!"

"I have confidence that you'll recover.""

LOL! Yeah, I imagine the reveal will be something like this! Great job!
Aussieflower chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Ahh, i loved this. You captured their emotions, their language and tehir bahviour perfectly.I loved Sherlocks dry responses to everything-they made me laugh. Also a HUGE thank you for not involving the two of the reomantically, for me, that pretty much spoils most reunion fics.

I know this was meant to be a oneshot, but I would love to see it continued somehow-possibly featuring Molly and John interaction, or Lestrade finding out. Only if you wnat to though.

But I think the way you wrote them is really great. Well done!

Aussieflower
Willow Battlegale chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
"For the first and last time in my life" were ACDs words, I believe. So yes, quite canon.
Prothoe chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Usually, I avoid most Reichenbach/post-Reichenbach fics - they depress me too much. But I really enjoyed reading this one and can imagine that the reunion might happen this way! I also liked how you put some of the theories which circulate amongst the fandom/on the internet (it was only yesterday that I read something about the recycling truck!)in it!
pippa21336 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Completely brilliant! The dialogue and reactions were perfect, I could totally picture Martin and Benedict in my mind (but then... I do most of the time...)

I thought the blood sample bit was pretty clever, I mean, why wouldn't Sherlock use a brilliant trick like that?

Any more coming?