Reviews for A Matter Of Honor
Freddie23 chapter 13 . 3/4
A cracking story. Really enjoyed it from start to finish.
Freddie 23
EpikalStorms chapter 13 . 4/26/2013
XD Man, I loved this story!
lotrlover23 chapter 13 . 4/3/2013
This was so good! I loved it.
Wood Elf luver chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
Legolas looks from you to me, you to me, you to me, and finally, he just leans up against a tree. "I'm so...confused." Then, he jumps up and points a finger at me. "Ha! YOU always said that i was stupid when it comes to battle. This proves you wrong." I shrug. "This wasn't a battle. This was retribution. There's a difference, ya know." He crosses his arms. "Well, I still won." I laugh. "You may have won, but that doesn't change the fact that you got yourself injured...again!...in the process. Now THAT'S stupidity. I still think you should wear a helmet." He walks off, saying, "Whatevs. I'll prove you wrong some day." I groan and yell back. "Can you at least try to do it in the next century, then? Because if not, I won't live to see it!" Then I whisper to you, "Not that I wish to, anyway. Well, I love this story so far. Only on chappie 8, ya, but I love the plot a lot. Lol, I'm Dr. Suess! I also enjoy how you included the twins and their snide comments. I just love it when they talk about stuff that's serious yet they manage to somehow make a joke out of it. It's awesome. Lol, keep up the good work, and I'll read later. I have to go out for some odd reason, and my mom keeps nagging me to clean my room, and go get ready, and nag nag nag. She could be Wanda off of the Fairly Oddparents without trying. TTYL! :)
mwc288 chapter 8 . 10/1/2012
oh, i love that last little bit between aragorn and elladan about gimli! made me laugh!
Angelfabeth chapter 13 . 6/24/2012
Good story!
Above Water chapter 13 . 6/3/2011
Fantastic story. I must say that in all of my wanderings through this fandom, I've never come across anything quite like it. Your writing was wonderful, and hardly diminished by the occasional typo, but I must say that the most glowing element of this piece was the characterization. Less accomplished writers often fall into the trap of rendering rather non-distinct personas when dealing with a large cast of characters. You completely avoided this, and rendered all with marked distinction. I particularly appreciated Aragorn's struggle between behaving as a king should, and behaving as a friend should. This was contrasted rather perfectly by the humorous irreverence of his much older foster brothers. This was also one of the best renderings of Legolas that I've seen in this fandom. Although his gentle, and playful sides were showcased in the actual novels, I have no doubt of his pride, and need to defend himself if his honor were trampled on in such a painful, and humiliating fashion. I also loved your Arwen. She was nearly invisible in the books, but I love that you wrote her as every bit Aragorn's match. The only slight aspect I took issue with was the way you seemed to write the four hobbits as one conglomerate unit. In the end, I could certainly see Pippin, and Merry, and possibly Sam, prattling away. But I most certainly could not imagine Frodo (especially after his traumatizing journey) as one to "chatter." But that is an extremely minute criticism. This is an excellent piece, and although I'm reviewing nearly ten years after it was written, I just figured that compliments were definitely in order for such a compelling author.

Very well done! ;)
gginsc chapter 13 . 6/2/2011
I'm glad Noldim was given a chance to redeem himself. Good job.
gginsc chapter 6 . 6/2/2011
I am sooooo glad you are not one of those "leave the enemy alive because I'm so compassionate" types! I hate those kinds of stories. I think it is stupid to leave your enemy alive. Good story.
The Pearl Maiden chapter 13 . 2/7/2011
Interesting piece! Great work:)
Thilwen chapter 13 . 10/20/2010
Hi Mirkwood Cat !

I usually don't give review, but I read your story today and it deserve some feedback. I loved it. Legolas is strong even of he is wounded, and the protectiveness of Gimli is not too much, not too little, just what is believable between those two. They sure care deeply for each other, but would always try to downplay it. I liked your writing, it was smooth to read and you have a very good plot.

Autumnights chapter 13 . 4/27/2010
Beautiful. Couldn't have done it better myself.
Gratia Astra chapter 13 . 4/3/2010
Wow...

Oh, man I wish Gimli HAD chopped their arms off! Those B*s deserved it! And that Berithol, or whatever his name was. Ohh death was too good for him! Poor Legolas! This is an awesome story. And trust me, I know. Because I have spent the last like, 278 hours, when I wasn't sleeping, working or eating, reading LOTR fanfics. And this is definitely one of the best! And I love how you portrayed Arwen. And I may be biased here, but I love how you did Legolas. Okay, I'm definitely biased there. I'm obsessed with Legolas, just check my fav stories list. But it's something not everybody gets, honor and retribution. But you do! Altough I still think you should have chopped their arms off.
babymilo chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
hey i just wanted to let you know that i have been reading from this site for 2 yeard and never have i found a stories worth reviewing to untill i read this. i didn't even have an account but made one just so that i could review to u. this is by far the best story i can remember reading on here. i just thought you should know, and that you shoud never doubt your writting abilities.
brezo-1816 chapter 13 . 7/18/2007
This was a truly excellent story. You kept me interested throughout each chapter.