Reviews for variations on
pamianime chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Omg I really hope you do another part for this! You wrote it real well! Loved the angst coming from Ichigo, hope to read more soon!
TruantPony chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
This is excellent. You have a real talent for using Orihime's voice to capture all there is about Ichigo and Rukia. You've really captured Orihime's airy-ness, her whimsy, and you don't often see that in an IchiRuki-centric fic. Too often, IR authors discount her character, and how perceptive she is about the IR bond.

You managed to capture her character in a way that was very true to manga form. I felt that though she's perceptive, she doesn't understand Ichigo, who he is at the core, not really. She dreams and romanticizes about him, is fixated on him, but doesn't really KNOW who he is, and hence she can only sympathize, but not empathize. She doesn't know where he stands and so is unable to connect with him.

One thing that struck me is that throughout, you have maintained a tautness and tension, almost as if you can feel what Orihime is feeling, as if it hurts to breathe. The desperation in her to connect to Ichigo, to try her best, but comes short, is very real, very heartrending.

The way she sees them, who they are to each other is a fresh perspective on Ichigo and Rukia. What Orihime wants to be for him is ultimately unrealized because there is only one ray of light in Ichigo's life, and it is not her.

I liked how you drew the 'ray of light', the amulet metaphor throughout this piece, and the way you applied Atwood's poem throughout.

"In those three syllables is the talisman that Orihime has always wanted to give to Kurosaki Ichigo so very, very badly, because in that instance, for the very first time, she can hear no shadows in his voice." This is my favorite line in that it sums up three things in this scene- Orihime's desire, who Rukia is, and how Ichigo feels about her. Very effective.

Very nicely done! Overall there were very few mistakes- Ichigo, look at me/" backslash probably shouldn't be there. I couldn't find anything that detracted from the overall quality. The connection between the 'Why me sad' chapter was nicely done, very recognizable influence. Great job! I hope to see more stellar stuff from you!

Cheers,

Truant
wynnsy chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Wow, this was so engaging. From Orihime's pov too! I really enjoyed it (it was brilliant). Orihime is the poor senstive soul that needs to witness every facet of Ichigo/Rukia bond in canon and here.
Girlalicious chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
w

SOGOOD

FLUFFY

AND

KYOOOOOT :)
Shubhs chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
I actually felt sort of bad for Orihime here, though I loathe her in canon.

Good job.

RukiIchi is exactly the same in canon, aka, you just described their relationship and what it would be like if they both existed in the modern world, like it is.
shinjiru15 chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
This was so good! College AUs are so fun to read. It's interesting to try and see things from Orihime's pov... Anyway, thanks for sharing! If you have time/ motivation, sequels would be lovely :)
jiminy billy bob not logged i chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Brilliant stuff! I love ichiruki from the other character's POV. Especially orihime LOL. sequel, please? :D
curio cherry chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
This one is great!

It's like d cure of my personal issue with Inoue lately. No annoying girlfriend Inoue, no love-blinded n persistent Inoue and definitely no OOC Inoue! You are great!

Now, i wana see the Ichigo-Rukia pov of this, so, please give that to us, ur readers...?
allylalina chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
This is beautiful... I've always fancy stories written in a third persons POV.. Somehow it gives an in depth perspective to their relationship. Especially when it's from orihime's. You know what, i think it'll be absolutely awesome if these POVs can come from ishida and chad. I believe they can be quite the observant. And I do believe they can see..i mean truly see how ichigo really is during moments with or without rukia.

Thank you for sharing this amazing stories. You are one hell of a writer!
infienight chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
This was wonderful with the perfect take on the unrequited love feel and the perfect dash of heartbreak.

And I assure you, if you decide to make that second chapter, it will be worth it. :D
quorra laraex chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
AH! this is so amazing, i'm like crying omg. i love all your ichiruki fics. they give me so many feels
an old fashioned girl chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
This is beautiful. I am not a fan of Orihime but you made feel for her instead of just being annoyed by her. You did awesome!
famartin chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Very cute! And kinda sad of course. But well written, for sure! Any more?
cutecrazyice chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Don't be nervous. I think this is beautifulllll. I love the depth you gave Orihime and the way you wrote her pov. And the Ichigo/Rukia moments...alkdhjasjdkladl. So quiet yet so intense. :D
empathapathique chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
First of all, Margaret Atwood is more than amazing. She's one of the writers I respect the most in the universe, and I think you're a total G for using her poem to inspire this piece. The poem really does fit with Orihime and her feelings towards Ichigo-that sort of desperate hopefulness to heal him from something that she is never, ever able to touch.

I completely understand the feeling of whating to keep going-isn;t that how it always is? lol. But I do think it turned out really, really great.

Just want you to know that I really respect your versatility as a writer. It's not too often that you see fanfiction with techniques you find in fiction, and your skill really transcends the genre. Your seamless use of stream of consciousness in this-perfect for Orihime's POV, and really, really worked in this story. But the fact that you told the story from Orihime's POV is what really makes the story. I don't know if it would have been quite as good as looked through the eyes of someone else. I did wish we got a little more or Orihime in this-not just her emotions, and her impressions of Ichigo, but a little more of HER life and where Ichigo fits in (the only example I can think of is when Orihime overhears the talk that Rukia is leaving when she's going to go bake-that was really, really good. Puts me back in Orihime's life).

Overall, though, it was really, really great. Not jumbly. It's intentional. And awesome. And I'm so happy that you've shared this with us.
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »