Reviews for The Lion and the Eagle
LorneStar chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I always enjoy coming back to reread your work. And it's been long enough that I forgot the implied pairing! That was fun. :)
SmithRT chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Great story. One nit pick though, cutting the guards throat as described in the story is very noisy and messy. blood and screaming. Jayne would put the knife in at the base of the skull, for a silent kill. Interesting how River knows what is going to happen.
JuDei chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Great story, thanks! Now I'm going to have to go read your other stories. I love the whole crew, with a particular soft spot for Jayne, so this was right up my alley.
raynesupreme chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
AARRGH! Come on! Are you meaning Zoe? Oh, well. Regardless of which little lady has caught Jayne's fancy, I liked your story. The play between the three men was very sweet and very believable (well, maybe not Mal crawling two miles with a chest wound but who cares, right?).
Jane0904 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Hey, Bad - good to see you back! And with an excellent story, too. Jayne has come a long way, and I love how they trust him again. There are some great images in this, particularly the one of Mal looking at our mercenary lying on the table, almost shrunken. And the Lion and the Eagle of course. Now, you know what I'm going to say - sequel. You can't leave it like that with Jayne's unrequited love for Zoe!

BTW, the site wouldn't log me in, but hopefully you know who I am!
RionaEire chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Reasonably interesting, the main part kept my attention but it started dragging a bit at the end. I think "gimme'em" is my new favorite abreviatory word. And it made me smile when Jayne looks at 12 men and decides killin 'em will be a "piece o cake", you write Jayne well.

ebfiddler chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Liked this story. Jayne and Mal and Simon would all give it everything they've got and then some, to rescue their Serenity family. I'm a little skeptical of the medical details, but that didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying this adventure.
debbieja chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Interesting that Jayne has feelings for Zoe. Not an expected pairing at all, but then it kinda makes sense. Love to see how everything that happened helped Jayne evolve into a more caring person, and how the bonds among the crew changed after Miranda
Didi chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Love this story! It had a great storyline & good characterization... But you can't leave us hanging like that. Will Zoe ever discover Jayne's feelings? Will the be reciprocated? How would this revelation affect the ship? All are questions that could be answered in a sequel. *hint hint!* thanks for the fun read :)
Dherea chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Okay - have to say it, I LOVE Jayne and Mal in the hero role. Sort of surprised that River didn't sense the slavers coming. But once captured, did her part in taking them out. Great line to the slaver warning him not to hit Zoe.

I know this is a one shot, but would love for you to expand and start exploring the possibility of Jayne and Zoe. They both deserve a little happiness.
vandevere chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Jayne's growing up, learning maturity and all that comes with family, and surely Mal is learning that he can trust Jayne now.

And Wash would surely approve if Jayne followed up on things with Zoe...

Heck, even River and Simon are growing up here too...
Ms. Chips chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I loved seeing how Jayne has evolved in the time after Miranda. I think Jayne's growth began even before Mr. Universe's Moon, with the events of Ariel and Jaynestown. Slowly, he's shed a lot of his selfishness and has become more committed to his shipboard family. And that's why he can't say anything to Zoe about his feelings. The truth would be difficult for her and might upset the equilibrium on the ship, so he'll keep a respectful distance. Still, given how he saved her against the Reavers, I wonder how long Jayne has had Zoe in his sights. If anything is to happen, it will be up to Zoe to recognize Jayne's feelings and decide that she's ready to consider more of a relationship with the Merc.

Great job with the story. I think you really captured all of the characters perfectly at this point in their travels. With all of the adversity they've faced together, they've grown even closer and more protective of each other. I realize this is a one-shot, but it's interesting to speculate on how this event with the slavers might affect the crew in the future. Jayne has hopefully earned everyone's trust now, and River did plant a bit of a seed with Zoe. But would these two factors lead to any changes down the line? And just as Jayne has become more compassionate, does Simon also become more human, recognizing his limitations and valuing what he has on Serenity? And do these events make Mal more reflective and appreciative that he doesn't have to be solely responsible for the crew's safety, that he can rely on the others to step up regardless of the circumstances, or does that go against his need to be The Captain? As I said, it is fascinating to speculate on what might happen from here...

Thanks for sharing this engrossing story with us. I always love your writing, and this fic is no exception.
samson chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
very much enjoyed.
shestarsky chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Loved it. Nothing like Firefly to brighten the day.
Mar Komi chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Ain't nothin' in the 'verse can keep our men down :) Great story. I can stand a little Jayne whump ;)