Reviews for Understanding
SkYeLiMiT chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I love this little oneshot! I think Hope and the Farrons are just great with each other. Like brother and sister(s) :)
Jane St. Valentine chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
...Okay, I cave. I really don't like Noel/Serah, but I couldn't ignore the 'cougar' line in the summery any longer. XD

I loved it. I...suck at constructive criticism, so, this is all I can really say. (OTL)

Keep up the good work! *pumps fist, sweatdropping*
Lemonsnaps chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Hahaha I love this! I totally did not think of the fact that Serah was a cougar until I read it in your story! And I liked how you displayed the friendship between Hope and Serah. Awesome job! :D
Twilight Antediluvian chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
I love your Hope. Really, I do! And this Serah/Noel thing, it's so obvious and so fitting and, well, it just works so very well.

Because they fit, which Serah and Snow never had a chance to prove or disprove. Except he ran off, but that was for her sake, so it could be excusable.
xSapphireLightsx chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
I feel naively silly that I needed to google what a cockblock was . and then a cougar not long after. But I lol’d straight afterwards XD.

Daw I loved this! Just a simple oneshot on two friends having tea but it’s all so meaningful as well (I didn’t get the Elida Karmic part; so I’ll assume it’s something I’ve overlooked from the game) but the little conversations they were having, I could’ve imagined it like a cutscene.

That whole 'understands me' moment, wow Hope is perfect for stirring the bowl of Noerah love! He’s like an onlooker who won’t view harshly but simply believes in what is best for people…but not without teasing them of course lol.

Its funny Hope brought up Noel’s age, much like Snow did in the game. If you actually think about it between Serah, Noel is 3 years younger while Snow is 3 years older. Cough! Rivalry! Cough! But yes, Serah is definitely a cougar.

I think my favourite part was Noel walking in on the hand-holding thing and that look of suspicion he gave. Sleep with one eye open Hope, because you know how Snow said you were going be assassinated in 3 days? Yeah your bodyguard IS him! XD

Oh, new prompt! Why don’t you try something including Snow? I’d die to know how he’d react if some relationship did form between Noel and Serah. How would those three characters deal with it? (and did that other prompt I send get through? . tumblr is so strange)
sunflowerspot chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Lol Hope! I really liked the peek into his and Serah's friendship and the connection between Noel and Serah. _
Aeris1172 chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
:D a asldkghls! Oh this was so cute. And Hope. Loved him in this. So lovely.
hihazuki chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
You brought Elida Karmic into the fray! That's a first. I bet you must be really interested in reading what all the fragments contain. I know for sure that I am; it makes me wonder about the life they lead other than the one we're shown. If they were to release more future episodes of XIII-2 as DLC, I'd like them to somehow put in tidbits of the characters' lives outside of story's focus, it's the little things that make them perfect.

In other words, the little details you put in your one-shot is what made it perfect and polished! I liked this very much! If only the Hope in the game were as outgoing and hilarious as this one.
anon chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
YES. THIS. noel's slight jealousy at Serah and Hope's intertwined hands and the growth that Serah had with Noel is just UGH YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST NOERAH WRITERS EVER SERIOUSLY. never stop writing this pairing- all your stories are too beautiful. TT
AdequateNerd chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I can't. All the build-up. I dunno why but I can't stop laughing xD Your writing is perfection!
Cinnamon Pink chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Ha! I agree, Hope is totally a cockblock. But a well meaning one. I loved his friendly affection for her in the game. I was worried he'd be on Snow's side and remind her she's got a fiance, but if she wasn't happy with Snow, I'm glad to see he'd be a supportive friend no matter what. Are you really a cougar if the guy is only 3 years younger? It's still a funny joke anyways, especially coming from Hope. Loved the Hope's humor, Serah getting caught in a lie, and Noel's unflinching tenderness toward her. I'm glad you didn't let this one keep collecting digital dust on your harddrive.
barefootbean chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Oh gawd, this was great. This was so adorable to read, and I really loved your portrayal of Hope. Everything was genuine and perfectly sweet, especially Noel's arrival at the end. Wonderful job here!
wynteralchemyst chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Oh my goodness, you are a machine! Look at you, pumping out a couple hundred words' worth of gold not even days apart. I am way jealous.

Okay, the review: I was smiling the whole time. I really loved the Serah & Hope friendship in the game, and this little story made it even better. I love the little detail about Hope knowing the singer, and how very popular he seemed to have become (and I was so amazed in the game, how everyone talked about him-like he was a celebrity!) The end was so cute, how Noel immediately noticed that Serah had been crying. They are SO connected, it's adorable.

Thanks again for an awesome read!
aimakichan chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I love Serah/Hope! Their relationship is so sweet and understanding. I feel, from this piece, Hope really understands Serah as well, and somehow he's able to lightly brush on whatever inner conflict she's having - even if she won't admit it herself.

And Noellll... Noel, bb 333 That boy can do no wrong.
nicochii chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I love reading your stuff, and I really enjoy that you have Hope playing the logical deducer without imposing his opinions on her; the fact that she's engaged, yet obviously developing a close relationship with her time travelling partner that anyone and their mother can see is more than friendship. Instead he playfully teases her, which in my mind calls back to the teasing he did to Vanille on Gran Pulse.

This was a great read, as usual. Don't leave stuff on your drive for so long!