Reviews for Descended from Robin Hood
Guest chapter 2 . 6/30/2012
great chapter... i like their plan- lets hogan and newkirk heal faster- good excuse for them to rest
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Great job ...good story
konarciq chapter 8 . 5/18/2012
"Don't pull the arrow out yet…" I would have loved to see Wilson's face at that! LOL

Great ending to a great story. Well done!
konarciq chapter 7 . 5/18/2012
Klink as Prince John was truly marvellous!
konarciq chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Here Newkirk's talents certainly came in handy! Though even Little John's idea for bowling over (super simple though it may be - the kind of thing that Stalag 13 guards would fall for) was inspired!
konarciq chapter 5 . 5/18/2012
Finally catching up here. The language is and remains wonderful... and now we have a plan gone awry and Hochstetter on his way to cross paths with Robin? Uh-oh...
Goldleaf83 chapter 8 . 5/6/2012
A great conclusion to this fun story. I read the last three chapters all at once, and it was fun to see how you pulled the various threads of the story together in them. From the lock pick to get King Richard free to the sword fight against Nottingham/Hochstetter, Robin certainly shows Newkirk's brilliant talents for improvisation in dire circumstances. And if he's a little braver and more self-sacrificing than we sometime see in the series, this is his dream, after all, where he gets to shine! And Newkirk does have a core courage that surfaces when it's most needed. So this romanticized Robin Hood works well as Newkirk's view of himself, as he works out his troubles and anxieties in his dream. The relationship between Richard/Hogan and Robin/Newkirk was particularly well done: there's not a lot of direct interaction, but that spare contact makes their brief discussion all the more powerful, wherein the leader recognizes the faithful service of his follower, especially in his implicit promise to knight Robin. The characterization of Prince John/Klink added humorous touches throughout and captured Klink's voice perfectly in translating it into this setting! The arrival of the healer "Joseph" served as a nice transition back to the real world, followed up by Newkirk's confusion, then relief on waking. That last line is a gem! The cherry on top of a wonderful sundae of a story!
mmwaveprincess chapter 8 . 4/30/2012
Loved it.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 8 . 4/27/2012
Great conclusion to a fun story. I have to admit, I have a hard time reconciling an universe where Hogan and Klink are brothers, although that might make an amusing story in itself, like it did here.

Thanks for the pleasant read.
AllTrekkedUp chapter 8 . 4/22/2012
Oh I have so loved this story! :D LOL 'You slipped me a mickey?' I love the comparsion of Hogan to the King;I love the last words of the story! You've done so well on the whole thing I tip my hat to you! :) I think we look on the Robin Hood story with some sort of romance because of the way he is painted,and the way you painted Newkirk as Robin I still look on him with that feeling. So I guess what I'm really saying is you've done a good job not only writing the heroes and Robin Hood but putting them together. Good show old boy! ;)
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 8 . 4/21/2012
A very enjoyable, lighthearted tale that showcases Newkirk perfectly. Hated to see it end, actually; I hope we see another like it soon!
Sarah chapter 8 . 4/20/2012
Very nicely wrapped up, and I truly enjoyed your story. Especially the last line. When you write for Newkirk, I can just hear Richard Dawson saying all those lines!
Abracadebra chapter 8 . 4/20/2012
Beautifully done - perfect in tone throughout. I really enjoyed this story, and I could tell you had fun writing it. Brava!
buggleston chapter 8 . 4/20/2012
Wow! Fabulasly wonderful ending that had me laughing all throughReally loved the part where Peter is coming out of his foogy state once he found out the Colonel was. safe as Lionheart the he knew he acomplished his mission ! Excellent story!
ColHogan chapter 8 . 4/20/2012
I sensed last time this story was wrapping up, but wow! I didn't think it'd be with the next chapter. Glad that Robin and Little John both reached safety and that both he and the King will both be all the scene when Newkirk woke up and kept telling Wilson not to remove the arrow from his ankle and Wilson's reaction immediately checking to see if Newkirk had a fever. Too funny. And when he kept asking about King Richard and everybody at once asking "Who?" Finally Newkirk realized he had been dreaming. I really enjoyed the last line with Newkirk knowing that both in his dream and in reality, Hogan was safe, and for that he was happy.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »