Reviews for Severed
Hypoproxy chapter 4 . 9/22/2013
This is my third time reading this story and it is a joy to read evertime. You've wrote one of the best Traynor fics hands down.
Silverandgrey chapter 4 . 8/5/2013
You gave Traynor depth that I didn't think was possible and made me like her for once. The complexities if the relationship dynamics you have to Sheperd, Liara and Traynor is phenomenal. Really enjoyed this story and looking forward to discovering more of your work.
kojum chapter 4 . 7/30/2013
What an amazing story. Taking a step back from the specifics of it, I really liked the way you weaved all these scenes on the Normandy together and intertwined them with the main plot of the game. I love fics that acknowledge and use the main plot without actually making the story about the main plot; they flesh out the source material beyond the limited number of scenes in the source material, and in a series like Mass Effect, I think that's a great thing. The Normandy feels like a real live place in this fic, and I love it.

Getting more into specifics: Your Shepard's exactly how I felt when I was going through Mass Effect 3 and how I imagine Shepard feels through most of the stuff they've been through in the series - brave face on the outside, crumbling under all these expectations of them on the inside. The panic and pressure that you build in Shepard throughout the scenes and chapters is really impressive and greatly helped by the choppiness of the prose in certain parts. Overall, she's a very believable Shepard and one I enjoy reading.

I was also really digging the the complexity of Shepard's relationships with Sam and Liara and the way you portrayed Shepard and Sam's relationship. /Especially/ the way you portrayed Shepard and Sam's relationship. It's sweet and loving, but ultimately unsteady, as much as I think they both want it to work. I can't really imagine a relationship with Shepard (and ME3 Shepard in particular) going any other way, honestly, and so I was...well, "happy to see it" isn't quite accurate, but I definitely agreed with and appreciated the doomed sort of undertone the relationship has to it. And the way Shepard's relationship with Liara crumbles...I have mixed feelings about Shepard/Liara, but that was heartbreaking to see. Understandable, and maybe even expected in a few different ways, but heartbreaking regardless.

All in all, I love this fic. It makes me sad, but happy, but mostly sad, and I love it.
jchris7 chapter 4 . 4/18/2013
Wonderful story. The emotions are raw and beautiful, the last part where Liara and Shepard at the presidium made me cry.

The shower becomes full circle at the end is a really nice touch.
A Markov chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
You are very good at constructing and plotting a story arc. I really like how you brought the whole thing full circle. One of the cool things about a game like Mass Effect is that we all shape the characters as we play and they're open for a wide variety of interpretation. You've done a wonderful job of fleshing out the bones of the characters presented in the game while making sure they are all still very recognizable.

I'm still not a fan of the present tense, but I really like the way you present your tales in short, focused bursts. It is very effective and adds an emotional punch to your already well crafted plot lines.

Guest chapter 4 . 2/11/2013
in a word good in two words incredibly good
fishbone76 chapter 4 . 1/10/2013
yay enjoy this one and can't wait for more :)
Tired Lyre chapter 4 . 10/15/2012
So I read this story for the first time probably months ago, but I've returned countless times since then, and never got around to reviewing until now. I'm sorry!

I know it's been a long time since you finished this, but I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love this work, and it's probably one of my favorite, if not my favorite, Samantha Traynor fanfiction currently in existence. She's my favorite character in Mass Effect, and the only viable romance option for my main Shepard, and I think this story did a masterful job of capturing the struggle of war for Shepard while she tried to deal with her personal problems on the side. The dialogue is witty, and the descriptions are vivid; I was alternating between sniffling and smiling the whole time. Bravo!
Thehumble01 chapter 4 . 7/12/2012
Liara's portrayal in this story reminded ne a lot of my x. She was always caught up with work and was all business like all the time...fuckin hated it hence the reason I could honestly relate to Shep in this one. Love the banter, love the prose, just nothing but love for you!

You did such an amazing job in adding depth to Shepard, enveloping her with more human qualities and the scene where she Made me cry. Fuck, i've been there-I know!

Anyways, great job. If you ever want to collaborate, I have a pretty good idea for.a femshep/liara story. Lmk if you're interested!

-Venus Moon
SisterSafetyPin chapter 3 . 5/19/2012
Trayner is literally a human Liara my canon Shep fell in love with her a little bit. She couldn't leave Liara... So AU Shep was born! It's hard seeing Liara & Shep in pain and broken up this way, but at the same time... Sam!
Gabrielle Henson chapter 4 . 5/19/2012
What a story! It started an enjoyable reading and ended up a little more than that. Can't really explain how your story touched me but it really did in ways few others had. Spent most of last night awake to read this piece (after some mass effect playing to be perfectly honest), just couldn't stop reading.

You really have a way to make emotions raw and powerful. I felt my throat tighten more than once, especially during that last chapter and the part between Liara and Shepard in the Presidium. Shepard's breakdown was wonderfully written and I liked it all ends on a hopefull note, even if the end feels a little abrupt.

Hope to read more from you soon about your Shepard, being with Sam, Liara (or Kelly? I'd love to see some Shepard/Kelly goodness from you :-))

You're definitely my new author to follow :-)
Weavers chapter 4 . 5/10/2012
I love all your Samantha/Shepard stories *_*
From Thessia To Rannoch chapter 4 . 4/18/2012
Good so far. This explores an interesting side of Commander Shepard, one that makes mistakes and isn't as righteous and mighty as a lot of people probably would think she is. The whole idea makes sense because Shepard is noticeably more, um, say tired or drained in the last game. Weary. You show this in your story, which is good.

It pains me to think Shepard would ever leave Liara (I am a huge shipper of the two, of course). I also have always considered Samantha Traynor not to be a very serious relationship in the game; more like a fling. But you're doing a good job of making it seem a lot realer than I ever thought it could be.

Basically, good job. I'm looking forward to reading more. This is really interesting.
Agrotera chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
I really like this story! Samantha really surprised me in the game too. I found her extremely likeable in all the ways that Kelly Chambers... wasn't. Heh.

But anyway, your fic is great and I hope there'll be more! :)
the-original-lovelace chapter 4 . 4/7/2012
wow, that was amazing. I had to read it as soon as I realized it all came from confusing the relationship systems between ME2 and ME3 (which I did too) but I didn't expect the story to be so...consuming.

well done, on all counts.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »