Reviews for The Peacock
Guest chapter 34 . 6/1/2016
Amazing
FredericBlanc chapter 32 . 5/20/2015
Wow. What a shocking chapter! This amazed me the most. I didn't expect Ruri'iro to be caged. It's just so sad.
FredericBlanc chapter 1 . 5/6/2015
Wow! I have just read the first chapter, and just... wow. I think this is a really good fic. I love the IC-ness here, those attitude are really theirs. Funny imagining them meeting that way. Reading this story made me consider to rewrite my own IkkaYumi friendship fic. I'll admit; your fanfiction is just so great.
I'm not an English author so I don't really know how a good story in English is like, but so far I didn't find any mistakes like I found in other stories. And your writing is very neat. I think you're a quite talented author.

But I guess it'll take a while to read this trilogy... Quite long but I love it.
PandaChan915 chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
So, as I "patiently" wait for the next chapter of Hunting the Slave, I decided to return to the beginning and re read The Peacock saga. Man these are so good! Your details are wonderful and the characters are spot on. As I read I can both picture and hear them talking and it's just so perfect. I'm check everyday (sometimes more) for an update, but I'm happy with this for now. Thanks again for giving us a great story!

P-Chan
heidlebergchick chapter 2 . 12/5/2014
I really enjoyed the scene with the dream world and Ruri'iro Kujaku, it made a lot of sense and its the first time I've read anything like it, the true awakening of a zanpakutou, how beautiful. The folowing preoccupation at breakfast had just the right touch of emotions on both sides and I thought Ikkaku's reaction and also his concern, was perfect.
I have my suspicions that this was undoubtably your intent, but Masaka really wasn't nice. On the other hand, even the almost inrelevent characters (the two women), Imakao and to my chagrin, Masaka, were written superbly. There was a beautiful amply amount of explaination into their interactions, buyers and merchant relationship as well as what was going on behind the beautiful smile. It was masterful, you should be very proud of your work.
heidlebergchick chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Wow, I originally wanted to read this because I thought there would be ample original points of view based around Ikkaku and yumichika's zanpakutou's, but I loved this chapter. I love the setting, the home Yumichika has, everything. I really love the characterization and dialogue. Every word seems so perfectly intuned to what either man would naturally say, its a real skil to pul off, but wow am I gad I found this. I really got sucked in from the get go and I know from one chapter, I read most of this over the next two days and that includes the sequels. Going to the favourite list, thank you!
Moxy-X-Kozz chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Hi, um. I don't normally leave reviews on fic, because I'm really not very eloquent. I can pick apart something I think is bad and list all its problems and how it could have been done better or how it could be improved, but when I find something I think is good? I have no words.

I wanted to say something here, however, because -

Well, your characterization of Yumichika is basically the exact opposite of how I read him in Canon and how I prefer to think of him. And i'm very...peculiar about some things in fic, the top one being characterization. Usually I wouldn't have read past the first half of chapter one in a fic where the characterization is so different from my own reading.

I'm not totally sure why I continued reading this one? Maybe it was because of how much I liked the flow/style of your writing, or because the story itself was so appealing already, or both.

But I did. I read this, and parts two and three. I really fell in love with your Yumichika, I adore him and you had me in tears more than once (a good thing!). I can't wait to start reading Hunting, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm really sure where I was going with this. I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed this series I guess. I hope this doesn't come off negative at all or anything, because it's really not meant to be. And I hope you are having/have had a wonderful day!

Good luck and high spirits!
erumaren-ainulindale chapter 10 . 1/28/2014
I love the backstory you gave both of them. I had never considered that souls in SS look different than they do in the world of the living; that's an interesting idea (if it's explained that way in the show, I missed it, lol). Awesome!
erumaren-ainulindale chapter 8 . 1/28/2014
I've been reading this the past few days so I should have reviewed sooner, but holy wow this is the best Bleach fic I've ever read, definitely one of the best fics in general I've ever read. It's like a fantasy epic, but starring my two favorite character of the whole series. SO glad there's more to this! Thank you so much for pouring your talents into this medium!
The Kujaku chapter 24 . 10/25/2013
Thank you for the review, Rayedictator. I certainly take no offense. I'm just glad you managed to make it through all 33 chapters! That's a lot of reading when you don't like the characterizations. Admittedly, I am not married to canon, and I find that Yumichika and Ikkaku are so underdeveloped that it leaves a lot of room for interpretation. But knowing that you like the two mains to be in a comfortable, simple relationship as shown in the manga, I should warn you against reading parts II, III and Hunting the Slave. You will sadly end up being even more frustrated! But if you think you can bear the frustration, I would be quite happy to have you read them and review. Negative reviews are all part of being an author! :-)
rayedictator chapter 33 . 10/24/2013
I spent the better part of a week reading this whole thing so forgive me if my thoughts get jumbled. First off, the writing itself is amazing. I love the imagery, I love the emotion, I loved that you didn't dwell on unimportant details and just gave us what we needed.
Reading this as a fanfiction about Yumichika and Ikkaku, I wasn't much of a fan. I really enjoyed their characters starting out, but I felt that as the story continued they slipped more out of character so when we get to the canon part of the story it was a bit jarring because it felt like the two went from out of character to more in character. By the time the two are sneaking into soul society I found myself once again enjoying the characters because they were more like the ones I know from the manga. Yumichika is one of my favorite characters of any fictional medium so I particularly didn't enjoy reading him in this. I wasn't a fan of the seduction aspect after seeing it a couple times, not a fan of ruri'iro kujaku and their relationship, his and Ikkaku's interactions with each other and others were a bit too die hard for me. Their relationship in general I don't like and that would admittedly be because I really like the two together and my only interpretation of the two of them was a relationship of understanding and being comfortable around each other. Now if this took place way before they met Kenpachi I probably wouldn't mind because them meeting and not being comfortable with each other is understandable, but having these events coincide with canon made the relationship seem out of character to me. Also I didn't like that Ikkaku still doesn't have his zanpaktou at this point but that's nitpicky.
That's just how I feel as a Yumichika and Ikkaku fan. Now, pushing away my feelings as a fan for a bit, the most striking thing to me was the relationship I liked most was ruri'iro kujaku and hozukimaru's and that was only for what 3 chapters. It wasn't overdramatic or overemotional (certainly a breathe of fresh air in this fic) and it was simple just like what attracts me to Yumichika and Ikkaku's relationship in the manga. I mean, I might be getting biased but once I saw Yumichika's and kujaku's relationship was going to be romantic I lost all interest in that part of the story. But I found after a while I didn't even like Yumichika and Ikkaku's relationship even when reading the story without regards to the two as Bleach characters. Their relationship and the plot seemed needlessly chaotic at times especially when Ikkaku's dad was thrown in the mix. Both of them act stupid a lot and that's okay if it wasn't so obvious to me as a reader that they were being stupid. It made the tension and conflict in that section seem so pointless and I was frustrated while reading it.
I'm don't mean to make this whole review super critical. This whole thing is coming from someone whose favorite fics on this site are as low stake as possible, which this one is not. When I was reading this I did want an epic and I got an epic, but it was too epic compared to what I was hoping for. The writing is great like I said and for people who want this kind of big scale, angsty, epic story this will be great for them. I think the only part of this fic I would call a problem would be when it starts to coincide with canon events because I felt the characters of Yumichika and Ikkaku had to change to fit better in the canon and that reminds the reader of how they were out of character before this point.
I saw that you have more in this series. I am considering reading the one following this since it follows canon and this ending part was my favorite part of the story if not the beginning. I'll definitely have to recover from reading this first though.
This may have been a bit of a critical review, but you got a lot of reviews which I am sure are all or mostly good and you wrote a giant, fleshed out, and detailed story so I give you mad props for that. I can't say that I like it, but it doesn't need my opinion to be a pretty good story.
Starlight Lion chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Unbelievable. I'm only at the end of the first chapter and not only is this nonsense wonderfully and engagingly written, I honestly don't know where it's going to go from here - despite that I know how it ends. Do you know how often that happens to me? Almost never. I predicted at least 50% of the Inheritance Cycle for crying out loud - you, good sah, are a genius and I applaud you. And in addition, they're in actual character.
Scarlotte O'Hara chapter 34 . 10/15/2013
i certainly hope it does! your story is wonderful!
empires chapter 33 . 7/16/2013
I started this story expecting to be delighted by a strong writing style and a good, long fun. I expected to read four or five chapters and then pick it up on and off while at work. I expected to have a good time and then I read past the first break. And my life began anew.

All of my expectations were dashed to pieces. I had to find new expectations. Ones that could be framed around me falling in love with Ikkaku and Yuichika all over again. Something I never thought could happen because they're one of my alltime favs any fandom any universe. Expectations that would allow me to push through this entire story and half the sequel between 0300 and 1100 then wake up four hours later to finish what is literally one of my favorite stories I've ever read on the internet.

This is one of my most favorite stories ever.

I've been reading fic for a good long time and pretending to write from time to time, so I don't say this lightly.

I think this story is amazing. I love the way you write. I enjoy how you take some of the simplest, one and a half dimensional ideas that we see in the manga/anime, and exploit them until I'm wibbling at the screan trying to corral my emotions into something that will allow me to keep reading! Because my heart! Hurt! I loved that I hurt!

I think you make characters come to life and not a word single word or expression or conversation or movement between the any character was lost to me. Your conflict didn't even read as bad things happen. And even if their actions reversed them and split them apart from time to time, I loved how Ikkaku and Yumichika grew. I love how they grew together.

As a good reader, I feel like I should offer some criticism. I think that Ikkaku and Yumichika should kiss more. Okay there. Crit given. That hurt so much. But I like kissing!

Thank you sharing this wonderful, wonderful, fantastic story. My only wish is that I knew people who loved Bleach so they will read this when I rec the ever loving shit out of it wherever I go.
Paige chapter 6 . 7/10/2013
You could say that the being was a... great customer to Radiant Raiment!
/ba da daa
Skyrim joke okay leave me alone