Reviews for No Expectations
Charlottees chapter 16 . 10/31
Gosh Golly I loved this so much! I really liked the characters of Sirius and Remus, even though this is completely AU I can still sort of see the loveable Remus and Sirius Jk Rowling wrote. Sirius was very interesting, I liked the idea that he craved affection because of his loveless family life. I adored Remus, I loved his awkwardness, and I often found myself laughing at some of his thoughts, he was really well written and almost...relatable.
The writing itself was very on point, the technicalities of grammar, plot and vocabulary just comfortably good, I didn't have to think about mistakes whilst reading.
I think what I liked most was the familiar way you wrote about England, most Fanfiction i read is from Americans (I'm assuming you're English?) which is nice, but it's really nice to read and just recognize towns I've been too, I got kind of excited when you mentioned Oxford (where I live lol) and I really liked your knowledge on British music, older songs and bands which I have an appreciation for, your writing was very era specific.
I'm not sure how to explain it, it was just a warm and comfortable fic to read, so cheers for writing it anyway. I actually recently read another one of your stories too and enjoyed it a lot. Your very talented, I didn't find myself skipping over text as I do in most fics, so well done.
Sorry for rant, I just loved this story :) Have a nice day!
TheChickWithTheAwesomeUsername chapter 16 . 9/11
Aw that's adorable.
I really did like this story, and I look forward to binge reading the rest of them (if you have any).
TheChickWithTheAwesomeUsername chapter 15 . 9/11
TheChickWithTheAwesomeUsername chapter 14 . 9/11
I have a very bad feeling about that contract.
Did Remus accidentally put the sheets of paper about Sirius instead of the other ones?
Oh god. Now I'm worried.
I love everything about this fic.
mavis-in-sweaters chapter 15 . 3/20
Reread this just now and was once again fully immersed into the world you've created. This story honestly blows me away. Not only is the music referenced in it absolutely fantastic, the characterisations are amazing and the storyline is fluent. This'll always be one of my favourite works of fiction, regardless of the fact that it's a Harry Potter fanfiction.
mavis-in-sweaters chapter 16 . 1/20
Wow. This was so incredible I can't even find the words! I don't want to blather on about all the fantastic and touching things about it, so just know that this story was beautiful and really spoke to me, so good job!
smudge914 chapter 16 . 12/19/2014
AMAZING STORY. I just wanted to let you know that I loved this story. I know you wrote it quite awhile ago but I'm just getting into Wolfstar and found it. Your writing is well done and your plot and characters are both believable and interesting. I don't think I've read an AU story for HP that I've liked better than yours and I've read hundreds. You have a talent!
I am the Color of Boom chapter 5 . 9/16/2014
Awwwwwww! The cuteness that is Sirius and Remus! It is unparalleled to be certain.
I am the Color of Boom chapter 4 . 9/16/2014
Hahahaha! Yay!
I am the Color of Boom chapter 3 . 9/16/2014
I am the Color of Boom chapter 2 . 9/16/2014
Sirius playing guitar on top of a tour bus, covered in tattoos and chatting up Remus? Just wonderful! You're making me want to write an AU! Aghhhhhhh.
I am the Color of Boom chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Ah! Marauder band! I'm so excited! Eep!
InkedBaby chapter 16 . 5/22/2014
Well this was an emotional fucking roller coaster, my heart cant even handle the feels right now.
First of all: yes. Just YES!
In my opinion if you're going to write a long, chaptered AU this is how it should be done. I fell in love with Sirius from the very beginning and kept falling in love with him over and over again. You kept the characters so in character, its amazing.
I kinda new the second Remus sat down to write that it would be mistakenly published. I was expecting some long drawn out dramatic bit about it, and i could have cried happy tears with the phone call from Sirius.
I loveddd the strain on James and Sirius relationship and I definitely loved how you explained it.
Can we talk about Sirius relationship with his cat for a minute, because I think that was one of the many points I was like swooning.
I love the genre you put them in, its my favorite, and I always love when the characters are tattooed. So perfect.
It was absolutely wonderful that this was centered around emotion rather than sex, i was an emotional wreck reading this, but honestly, its sheer perfection.
I don't even know what to say right now, I have so much more that I loved here, I just can't put it all in words.
Your writing style is amazing, your time frames are spot on to make the story flow perfectly, and your characterization is wonderful. Amazing, amazing, amazing job.
Lupin3black chapter 16 . 3/11/2014
Best ending ever! Ooh it was so cute!