Reviews for Me And My Shadow
Rachelly chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Love your writing! You capture the boys' personalities so perfectly. I love big brother Dean- all protective, determined to save his little brother, angsty when Sam is in trouble or hurt. He is an awesome character and you write him so well. I love how you do their perspectives, their banter, and the actual story lines of each one. This one is perfect! I love how hurt Sam is, his perspective on "the shadow" and his inability to understand the world around him. I love Dean's devotion-the way you show his strength, devotion, and his concern in very "Dean" ways. Great fun reading! Thanks for sharing your creative talents with us!
V001 chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
loved it! :-)
Girl-of-Geekery chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
LOVE this story :D Definitely saving to read again!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Love this. The whole delirium thing was fantastic.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
You write a delirious Sam so wonderfully. Thoroughly enjoyed this and all the out of it thoughts Sam endured. In love with this. As always.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Loved the pure ATMOSPHERE of this fic. From Sammy's confusion to the very Winchesterlike reconciliation, it was all spot-on and gave me a total sense of the story as a whole. Well written, wonderful brother interactions; a stunning piece of work to add to your already overwhelmingly awesome collection! Fantabulous writing! :)
Jane88 chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
“ Sam reached up and brushed two fingers across the side of Dean's cheek. "Four-day stubble.”” Loved that, so cute! :)

I’m so sorry for my late review, didn’t have internet for quite some time. But I’m finally back and could read this gem of a story. I’m totally in love with Sam’s POV here. Beautifully written, perfect insight into Sam’s head, his thoughts, helplessness and confusion. I really enjoyed seeing everything through his eyes. Made the story very special and one of my favorites. Thanks Karen, amazing work!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Awesome story. Loved off his head and out of it hurt Sammy and snarking but worried and caring Dean, foregoing hunting the creature to get revenge to stay with Sammy and getting Bobby and Rufus to hunt it down and finish it off. Gotta love out of it Sam giving Dean his injuries, moving ever so slowly in the motel room, and cursing like a docker! Big brother will collect on that for sure once Sam is recovered.

Perfect ending the boys side by side on the bed asleep :)
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Arrrr, I'm so late on commenting on this! I keep waiting until I have more time but I'm always in a rush these days, so I'll have to settle.

- Yay, new story from you! And it's awesome, absolutely awesome. You described Sam's POV perfectly. I loved it! :)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Karen,

I can't believe I'm so late thanking you for sharing your story with us. I read this when you posted, but wanted to read it again before typing a thank you. Somehow the week just slipped by...

This story was so much fun to read. I know I should have felt sorry for Sam as he was so out of it due to his injuries, but I loved all his thoughts and the scenes of Dean taking care of him.

The way you had Sam visualize and then think about what he was seeing and feeling, what an awesome job.

When Dean first found Sam, I could just picture his worried expression and the fear on Dean's face as he examined Sam's injuries.

I felt sorry for Dean when Sam didn't recognize his brother, yet there was a part of Sam that knew he could follow 'the shadow man' and listen to him.

I had to smile at Sam's conversation with Dean while walking through the woods, even if it was worrisome because of Sam's head injury. Nice touch when Sam couldn't remember the 'shadow man's' name, but thought it might be 'jerk'.

I think you have been missing the Impala this season as much as the brothers. What a great description of the car. '...a large, black beast. And a beauty of a beast it was. Muscular sculpted from end to end – hairless and sleek and obviously very powerful.'

I never knew Sam had such a vocabulary of cuss words to use against Dean, but at least they were not to bad. Cute.

When Dean was talking on the phone to Bobby and he said the lines, "Friggin' hell, Bobby, If he d–" the voice stammered. "I'm not. I didn't. I won't say the word," he cleared his throat. " I know you know that too! Just…you and Rufus find that mother and kill it for us." You did a great job writing the voice of big brother Dean.

Wonderful ending when Sam woke and recognized Dean. I loved the description of the motel room and how Sam could tell by looking at Dean how many days he had been ill.

I like how you ended the story with Sam reminding Dean that they get to save each other, even if big brother wants to only protect Sam. Wonderful final scene when Dean and Sam said the Winchester version of "I love you". I miss those two words and wonder if we will get to hear them again.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It was nice to just read a hunt gone wrong, Sam injured and worried big brother story with no Lucifer involved.

Until next time, take care.

Lori
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Aww poor Sammy! I needed some good old fashioned hurt!Sam in my life today! .-
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Great story and just what I needed. Loved out of his head hurt Sammy. I just wanted to be Dean right then and make him better. He really suffered and got very close this time, didn't he? And poor Dean, he really got beat up by Sammy thinking he was a monster. I even felt bad for the Impala, who ended up being a monster too. Great writing again. Loved it. Hugs, Vonnie
carocali chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Absolutely loved this! So much h/c it makes me squeamish! Your writing has changed in such a beautiful way over the last year that you've been doing this. It's just a pleasure to read!

:D

Caroline
Headoverheels14 chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
This is so well written. You are truly talented!
anonymouse chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Tempus fugit. TEMPUS fugit. "Time flies"

Tempest is another word for "storm".

Other than that, a beautifully written story. Season 7 isn't giving us the limp!Sammy that we were all hoping for, so anything to fill the gap.