Reviews for Chance To Be
deactivated82940 chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
I really like the idea of Anzu and Ryou teaming up. It's pretty sad though, that she can doubt kind of all of the time they have ever spent together. But understandable, considering how often the spirit of the ring would pull those sorts of shenanigans. And the idea of Ryou playing shadow games and Monster World again make me shout with happy fangirl joy.
bakurae chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Oooh, interesting! This definitely caught my attention at the first line.

I really enjoyed reading this - and I loved Anzu and Ryou making jokes about the blindfold incident back in Duelist Kingdom.
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I'd forgotten what had happened in the Trustshipping, so I went back to re-read it. D I like that angle, it's fun to see continued stories! The characters are very brave, you wrote them well and the dialogue especially was very strong here. Good job on this, and keep it up!

~Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
It's one of my favorite things when an author creates a universe out of several different stories, so I was super excited to read this and your Trustshipping... even with the similar plot points I thought the feeling and energy of both fics were very similar too-your writing as always is very solid, and how much you are able to convey in a relatively short length is a great skill to have :DD I really liked everything about this, and I do hope you tell more stories set in this universe! Great job!
1-800-SHDWRLM chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Hm, I think one /would/ need to read the other one first. I didn't really understand what was happening... but it was descriptive, anyway :) Good luck!
yllimilly chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
This is an interesting AU. I like the relationship between Ryou and Anzu in this. Good luck for the contest!

Graces of the Child chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
I definitely like the dialogue between them in the cell, it really reminded me of something the two of them would say and how they'd interact, even after all these years.

The beginning was a bit off-putting for me, I was thrown into a setting like that... I probably should go read the Trustshipping fic first? xD I understood it, it's just all the changes were a bit sudden.

The thought of Ryou playing a Shadow Game is really interesting, I'd love to have seen it. I even love how you put in Tea's description of her being possessed by Marik - I never even thought about that, but she would know exactly how he felt. Mind if I put that in my longfic? xD
Dusty Llama chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
I like the AU, it put them in an interesting situation to build character. I'm especially impressed by Ryou's aversion to being compared to Yugi. He's feisty!

Well-written, I hope to see more of this setting/universe.

Good luck!
Chicary chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Ah, the scene where they had to climb up the side of Pegasus' tower irked me because the guys had to put their lives at greater risk just so no one would see up Anzu's skirt. Anyways, I like this setting and wish there's more of it. I'm especially curious as to how things got to where they are in this fic, it seems like a good premise for a multi-chapter.

And this: "She'd come to Italy together with her classmates on a school vacation trip only to end up kidnapped by some extremist group bent on a quest for world domination – again, she might add." For some reason, I thought it was really funny. Getting kidnapped, just another day in the life of xD
OxEyed chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
(Before I read this, I went back and read the Trustshipping fic. I was NOT ready for that character death, omg. I'm still recovering.)

Since this takes place in a larger story, I'm just going to throw in that the concept seems really cool and I'd definitely read more stories set in this universe.

I appreciated all the callbacks to canon; I didn't even remember the climbing the tower scene until you brought it up. I liked that the Spirit of the Ring *isn't* back (assumption) but the items are, and I loved Ryou's characterization. You captured his sense of humor wonderfully.

Needless to say, this is pretty great. Can't wait to read more.
Jonouchi Katsuya chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Great job. I enjoyed the references to the canon. :)