Reviews for All's Well
KirstyMD chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
I love the way that you have taken the very best bits fro the programme (the mine shaft scene in particular) and have written such a wonderful story round them. This is definitly better than the actual episode. Saying that I actually did not hate the episode but still prefer this to it
Ride-Forever chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
BRAVO!

Thank you kindly for creating and sharing this BETTER ending! I'm going to think of this one as THIS universe and the telly ending as an AU!
tortiecat chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
I reacted almost the same way as you did when I saw "COTW Part 2," after really liking the first part. I couldn't believe how poorly written and awful Part 2 was, and I think the writers could have cut out some unnecessary scenes to focus more of what was important to many viewers - the friendship between Fraser and the Rays, but especially between Fraser and Ray Vecchio! I hated the fact that RayV was quickly "out of the way" by being shot; it would have been so much better if he had went to Canada with Fraser and RayK, and the three worked together as Fraser and RayV renewed their friendship, and Rays began a friendship.

I really loved the way that you showed that Fraser still thinks about RayV and that he is still very important. I was very angry that Fraser wasn't shown calling about RayV's medical condition, or telling him goodbye - instead, stupid Fraser seems to regard his friendship with RayV as over as soon as he leaves RayV's hospital room. I'm sorry - but that is just so wrong and not at all like the canon Fraser of the first two seasons of "Due South," who obviously loved and cared about RayV very much!

I'm really glad you wrote the fix-it, although I think it's just Fraser was making a lame excuse to not return to Chicago to spend time with RayV and catch up with him before telling him goodbye in person and returning to Canada. Does this mean that Fraser will never see RayV in person ever again? I hope that's not so.

Well - at least RayV has RayK to be his friend. I really like that you implied that the Rays will become true friends, drawn together by their relationship with Fraser. Many dS fans have pointed to RayK being "lonely" and "lost" and needing Fraser, but I think RayV would feel just as lonely and lost after the undercover job - probably more than RayK. And he'll need his best friend Fraser, but maybe regular phone calls from Fraser will be enough, plus RayK's friendship.
Dief's Girl chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Whereas I never had a reaction as strong as yours to the finale of due South, I have to agree that it did not seem to do justice to the series. Your piece was absolutely amazing. I wish that it had been the actual ending to the series. It works so well the characters are true to form it ties everything up but with the possibility of more. That's one thing that tends to hurt shows that try to end when cancelled, there is always the hope the show could get picked up or maybe a few tv movies ect, so they have to leave an ending that allows for more yet is an ending. Your piece even does that without getting hokey *cough ben/kawaslki wandering the northwest territories cough*. would love to read more stories by you, you have real talent as a writer.

Dief's Girl
Julia456 chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
I just read this (well, obviously) and I have to say, it's better than the real ending. Excellent characterization and it does have the sense of conclusion/completion/whatever that I also thought was lacking in the episode. Lovely, lovely work. Well done! :)
Keeter chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
A: This is an amazing piece and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. Very true to character.

B: I didn't loathe the ending but it did leave me wanting more. I think what happened is that they were told to pull the plug and were pressed for time to do just that. Everything was rushed into this last minute of tying up loose ends. Unfortunately, it makes for a shoddy ending.

C: Why did you never write more? Didn't have to be the same story. You have a wonderful grasp of the characters and their mannerisms. Anyway, enough of my blathering on.

Kindest regards,

Keeter

P.S. if you're brave enough and actually read what I have posted...be kind, I'm a horrible writer. Much better as a producer, I leave the writing to those well trained. ;-)
angel chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
Hey Tara

I loved your version of how it should of ended, but I don't think it should of ended. They could of carried on for another year at least. And I think that Ray K was fantastic, Rennie is very very talented.
angel chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
Hey Tara

Barbara LeMaster chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Finally, I make the time to read this and it was well worth it. Having just absconded with my friend's Canadian DVD of the first season of this marvelous show, I was ready to see what the fans think. This fic was tightly plotted, well-written, and there is honestly nothing better than reading a fanfiction written by someone who loves the show/ movie/fandom that they're writing about.
FT chapter 1 . 3/11/2003
I read an excellent firefly fic then started looking around for more stuff written by the author and happened to stumble here. I loved Due South. Loved it. Fought for it too. I hated the ending. Loathed it. I wish they had made this the ending. This was excellent. A great ending for a phenomenal show. I'm really glad I decided to poke around and find more fics written by you. Keep writing please because you are superb.
ShadowRunner 8 chapter 1 . 4/11/2000
I think you did a much better job than the series did, but the formating made the story kinda hard to read. Still it was well rewitten and true to the series.
Nelle 9 chapter 1 . 4/11/2000
Thank you. thank you so much. I hated the way the series ended and you made it what it should have been. Now, though, my mind is racing with the idea of a sequel, with Ray and Ray...
Kelly chapter 1 . 4/11/2000
This was a great ending to a great show. I've tried to put CotW out of my mind. Thanks.
Alejandra chapter 1 . 4/11/2000
This is *definitively* the kind of end the series should've had! The end they gave it was lame and without character. I really like this one. The part when Ben kisses Meg is really touching, and I liked it because it put an end to their story, also. So, let's hope that, in Benny's new world, he finds the love of his life and be able to be happy. I guess we fans of due South would love that!

Thanks for the redemption!

Ale' 00