Reviews for Before the Dawn
melodywhitlock chapter 33 . 2/4
Love the story but I can not stand how they disregard Bella’s feelings. So it would have been fine to send Alexander to work with Aro or Royce King for that matter? Then get mad that she’s upset. The disrespect. I would have been done.
TwiValleyD chapter 21 . 1/20
What the ever fuck? Keeping her kidnapper and rapist with them in the name of science?! That's really fucking cruel. Hope Bella kills his ass nice and good soon.
Lullz93 chapter 33 . 10/19/2021
This was beautiful. I loved the ending. Or at least I think I did. I sort of wanted Joham to get what he deserved but I think I get why he didn't. I love Alexander, he is an amazing creation and I am a bit sad that I didn't get more of his story. Thank you for writing this. I loved it!
Escapee2FF chapter 33 . 10/7/2021
seriously amazing story! how I haven't read it before is crazy! well done and Thankyou
pennylynn chapter 33 . 9/11/2021
Surprising story. I was nervous when political conflicts were introduced but it all worked out. Well written
unexpectedsnag chapter 21 . 8/26/2021
man, I have loved this story so far but this chapter his hard. them just inviting Joham? putting Bella together with him. I just can't see that happening.
unexpectedsnag chapter 10 . 8/26/2021
I have read hundreds of fanfics and not one has related Alice's shopping habits to her human life. It makes perfect sense.
nothyme chapter 33 . 7/25/2021
God. Damn. I know this is a rather old story but that ending is…::chef’s kiss::!
I don’t really have time to write anymore (my stories are mostly woefully unfinished but I refuse to remove them as a penance) but I can see growth in an author when I see it. I almost abandoned this story, and without an over the top interest in Criminal Minds I would have.
This ended up amazing and tied up many questions from the pro final series.
*****
BlueEyedSalvatore chapter 33 . 7/15/2021
I think this was the most original, entertaining and captivating Twiligh fanfics i've ever read. The concept was interesting from the beginning but then you went and killed the Volturi and I knew this was something different. I love this wasn't a predictable...well anything.

The romance was fulfilling but not too plot consuming (I LOVE that Bella told Edward to wait cos she was putting her baby first and because she was still technically 16 and didn't feel the need to rush).
The dramatic and comedic aspects were such a good balance, emotional and satisfying. There wasn't really any needless drama for the sake of drama and the comedy was so subtle and organic that things never felt too tense or heavy.
There was no predicatable good guys fight bad guys situation. It was smart how you introduced so many personalities, opinions and beliefs; it gave interesting conversations and interesting conflicts. I like how there was a collection of antagonists like Aro, Amun, Maria, James, Johum and Serena who each served a situational purpose and came with their own bits of drama, but there wasn't that one 'ultimate' enemy (like the Volturi, Victoria, or James in many other Twilight fics). It kept the story flowing smoothly, it never got boring or repetitive, made individual circumstances feel compelling, gave extra depth and richness to side characters and gave a complexity to the overall plot and book. I never would've guessed the ending from the story summery or from the first 10 chapters.

The only complaint I have is that Joham never recieved punishment. I mean yeah he was put under survaillance so he can't do it again (without being caught), ostrichised and banished but at the same time he was a loner anyway so he's not missing out on being kicked out/shunned, so his only personal restriction is the fact that he can't have more babies. He's still free to roam and make other experiments all he pleases. I know now that you kept him alive so that he could eventually make TruBlood but if Kyla took after him (being a scientist) couldn't she have done it on her own with Carlisle? Or found his notes about it and expended on that or something?
It just feels like after the first 6 chapters and seeing the absolute horror that Bella and those other girls had to endure, that it's just forgotten about. I get that he didn't break any laws at the time when it came to the treatment of humans but still everyone agreed that vampires still don't hold with sexual assault and he is a volitile maniac obsessed with making an army of half-vamps to rule everyone. PLUS his daughters were vampires (at least half) and he arranged for their kidnapping, rape, torture and possible deaths too. Shouldn't that have counted for something?
It just felt to me like there was no justice given to Bella, Amelia, or any of the other girls whereas Aro was severely punished for attempting to kill Esme (rightly so, don't get me wrong) (and again I know she was a vamp and Bella wasn't BUT his daughters are classes as vamps and again they were kidnapped, raped and could've died for his actions). Also I know that James wasn't killed for what he did to Alice but her and Jasper still got peace and justice from his death, and not to downplay Alice's tragedy but Bella had it worse (plus can actually remember it) but will never get the same peace/closure/justice. Charlie seems like the only one (other than Bella's attack) that outwardly made a big deal of it. Btw, I'm also surpised that Rosalie let her daughter be around him even with her supervision. I lnow she was an 'adult' by then but still.

Other than that I loved this book and will definately be re-reading and recommending!
JoVersify chapter 9 . 4/21/2021
I really like the dynamic of Edward in this situation. Such an atypical way for him to meet & interact w/ Bella and become acquainted with her. You know... I usually avoid abuse like the plague in fics... but I guess because usually there's some undercurrent to it in the writing that I despise... either on one extreme or the other - the authors opinion usually comes through in glaring, garish prominence in those types of fics and whether its sick fascination or revulsion and PTSD, I hate catching both POVS... I should only hear the characters, not the author. Despite how torturously many chapters it was to get through it, we all know Joham was a disgusting vampire, and the entire experience, though horrific and painful to read, was written without that author opinion coming through in the writing... well done. It was all Bella... 16 year old, barely adult, self-preserving, brave, traumatized, REAL... and they were truly monsters (Joham & Serena). I truly enjoy your writing & style!
Nabookie chapter 24 . 4/16/2021
I LOVE YOUR STORY. I’ve cringed, cried/sobbed, and laughed so much. Thank you :)
Guest chapter 33 . 2/26/2021
I always re-read this from time to time - love it so much.. sweet Edward who comes out of his shell, Bella who grows stronger... the fascinating Cullen family dynamics.. I only wish we got some more glimpses of Alexander growing up with Bella and Edward... and the extended family.. so cute!
atwilightfan chapter 33 . 2/17/2021
Ooh I would love a sequel! This was a great story!
thatemomathkid chapter 15 . 10/6/2020
She can't expect Jasper to help her find her kid and see the urgency of that if she doesn't tell him that he is her kid.
dragonfliobf chapter 33 . 9/28/2020
I can honestly say this is thee best, well-written, most intricate fanfic I've ever read! I am so glad I came across this recommendation on the lemonade stand. It incorporates all the supernatural elements I've wanted to explore and some I never considered! The politics, the diplomacy, the science, the arts! Being able to juggle and balance so many characters and subplots was amazing, I couldn't stop reading for 2 whole days! It's amazing how such a rollercoaster of a story can be hidden behind one simple paragraph summary - I've definitely learned not to judge a book by its cover!
2,029 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »