Reviews for Before the Dawn
MamaMoJo chapter 9 . 4/21
I really like the dynamic of Edward in this situation. Such an atypical way for him to meet & interact w/ Bella and become acquainted with her. You know... I usually avoid abuse like the plague in fics... but I guess because usually there's some undercurrent to it in the writing that I despise... either on one extreme or the other - the authors opinion usually comes through in glaring, garish prominence in those types of fics and whether its sick fascination or revulsion and PTSD, I hate catching both POVS... I should only hear the characters, not the author. Despite how torturously many chapters it was to get through it, we all know Joham was a disgusting vampire, and the entire experience, though horrific and painful to read, was written without that author opinion coming through in the writing... well done. It was all Bella... 16 year old, barely adult, self-preserving, brave, traumatized, REAL... and they were truly monsters (Joham & Serena). I truly enjoy your writing & style!
Nabookie chapter 24 . 4/16
I LOVE YOUR STORY. I’ve cringed, cried/sobbed, and laughed so much. Thank you :)
I always re-read this from time to time - love it so much.. sweet Edward who comes out of his shell, Bella who grows stronger... the fascinating Cullen family dynamics.. I only wish we got some more glimpses of Alexander growing up with Bella and Edward... and the extended family.. so cute!
atwilightfan chapter 33 . 2/17
Ooh I would love a sequel! This was a great story!
thatemomathkid chapter 15 . 10/6/2020
She can't expect Jasper to help her find her kid and see the urgency of that if she doesn't tell him that he is her kid.
dragonfliobf chapter 33 . 9/28/2020
I can honestly say this is thee best, well-written, most intricate fanfic I've ever read! I am so glad I came across this recommendation on the lemonade stand. It incorporates all the supernatural elements I've wanted to explore and some I never considered! The politics, the diplomacy, the science, the arts! Being able to juggle and balance so many characters and subplots was amazing, I couldn't stop reading for 2 whole days! It's amazing how such a rollercoaster of a story can be hidden behind one simple paragraph summary - I've definitely learned not to judge a book by its cover!
topaz addiction chapter 33 . 8/21/2020
Holy Crow! When I started this fic, never did I imagine the rollercoaster you took us on. It was exciting and emotional and well nuanced! It was extremely hard to stop reading to sleep and eat and be social. 100% recommend!
Peppei chapter 33 . 8/8/2020
Really enjoyed this vampire story. There’s not many vampire ones out there. So thank you. Loved how you revamped the entire vampire government and interoduced new characters. Would have liked to see mention mike and nahuel ‘s relationship at the epilogue!, that was super interesting pair. Thanks again!
Peppei chapter 18 . 8/7/2020
Lmao and armpits please!
jillangel chapter 33 . 7/23/2020
Loved this story. Thank you for sharing!
eNough89 chapter 33 . 7/12/2020
Thank you for sharing your story. It has been hard to read at times but great nonetheless. Thank you.
Michelle Law chapter 33 . 5/6/2020
This has been a terrific story! Very creative and thought-provoking.
knightoflives chapter 14 . 4/19/2020
It's very, very surprising that Bella just trusts Jasper like that. It's like Joham's attitude permanently scarred her. She can't raise her voice or grow out of her meek attitude, her initial reaction to Jasper's "friends" notwithstanding. Everybody keeps saying they want the best for her, but they keep making decisions and execute them without even telling her, and she just goes along with it.
knightoflives chapter 12 . 4/19/2020
Urgh, Edward is such a brat that I can barely stand to read it. Still better than Jasper though, who is quite nasty without proper buildup.
knightoflives chapter 11 . 4/19/2020
The plot is really interesting, but the conversations are equally frustrating, if not more. Bella hardly ever speaks when she really needs to. Edward is unusually good at calming her down when she should be more alert. (His terrible act was also OOC from what we know of him in canon, but that can be chalşked up to this story being AU.) Jasper has a confidence that is not helping her at all. I'm also wondering why Alice let Peter and Char meet Bella at all. Considering her capabilities, not being able to Peter's horrible attitude is just a plot device without much sense.

I really want to like this story. And I do, to some extent, however, I can't help but think some things could've been fleshed out (or edited out altogether). Not that it matters much, I suppose, since the story is already completed and I have two thirds to read.
2,020 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »