Reviews for Walking on Thin Ice
HamletMoon chapter 5 . 8/18/2013
This is the best fanfiction I've read in a long time. Everything was conveyed perfectly and realistically: the Mycroft/Lestrade relationship (very difficult to do!), the characters themselves (never OOC), the emotions...the most beautifully rendered, shattering part, though, was Mycroft's hysterical laughter/tears. The way you described it was so vivid and soul-crushing! I just can't get over that description. I'm still in shock/awe after reading this whole fic, and the ending was so beautiful and believable without being cheesy at all that I was crying. You did a fantastic job with this, and I'm sure there's a lot I'm leaving out, but I just want you to know how much I enjoyed this fic. This is the type of fanfic I look and wait for for weeks, and boy was it rewarding.
HamletMoon chapter 3 . 8/17/2013
I just found this fic, and it's heartbreakingly realistic. Also, you wove it in so flawlessly with the canon, and you also have such a great grip of the characters and of conveying mood. Really enjoying this so far. I was planning to save reviewing until the very end, but the last line effectively shattered what was left of my heart and brought tears to my eyes but also made me feel so warm and happy in a bittersweet way-okay, I should probably stop ranting ;) Can't wait to keep reading.
17sweil chapter 5 . 8/10/2013
I CRIED, THEN I STARTED TO LAUGH A BIT, BUT THEN I CRIED. I ENJOYED THE WRITING AND STORYLINE, THEN I SOBBED CONTINUOUSLY. AFTER THAT, I CRIED SOME MORE. IN THE END, I'M IN FETAL POSISTION, AND I NEED A TISSUE. THANK YOU FOR THIS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT PIECE.
LinZE chapter 5 . 5/29/2013
Love it! Thnaks so much - hope you've had/get the chance to write more with these characters.
LinZE chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
What a fantastic start! Thanks for sharing
MYMY chapter 5 . 3/1/2013
This was beautiful XD
LadyRouge15 chapter 5 . 1/25/2013
This shattered my soul. So bloody brillant. Love the plot, love the characters.
Ulura chapter 5 . 12/15/2012
Oh this was wonderful! I NEVER read Mystrade but I loved this!
spinner12 chapter 2 . 12/14/2012
Very inventive. I never thought about what else Mycroft might have had going on in the background and even this is probably only scratching the surface of what could have been his plate.
spinner12 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I can see Mycroft reacting that way.
euphoracle chapter 5 . 12/14/2012
Aww, so cozy and so warm!
Very good story. I recommend it!
euphoracle chapter 4 . 12/14/2012
At first, I thought Mycroft had fainted from massive blood loss via a perforrated ulcer. I'm glad it wasn't that. I'm glad that Greg realizes his mistake in leaving Mycroft when the man clearly needed him most. I mean, if Greg had been there, Mycroft wouldn't have been allowed to take experimental drugs in huge overdoses. Mycroft can't help being too guarded most of the time, it seems: It shouldn't be a reason to desert him. I mean, Greg could've called Mycroft once in a while, right?
euphoracle chapter 3 . 12/14/2012
I think that both Holmes brothers are fully capable of caring, just like anybody else. The probem is, I think, that they won't or can't let the feeling show. They think that expressing affection is always too risky. It's sad. The attitude they share about love dooms them to loneliness.
euphoracle chapter 2 . 12/14/2012
I wouldn't call Sherlock's barbs at Mycroft's expense "Half-hearted". He mocked his brother as a 'queen", directly to John and inside the palace walls. That's pretty harsh. ( that's what the boys were giggling about as Mycroft entered the room.) Then, he made that remark about Mycroft's personality or habits (too nurturing to be fatherly?) as motherly. Sherlock was making quite a scene with his all but naked self too. If he were my brother I'd have felt humiliated to be related to him. After all of that, THEN Mycroft made that "cruel" comment about Sherlock's virginity, as if being a virgin were something to be ashamed of ( it isn't. Too cautious maybe or old-fashioned, but not shameful) Really. I'm surprised Mycroft didn't smack his face or curse him out. I would have been unable to hold back, in his place. Sherlock endeavored and succeeded in embarrassing Mycroft in front of royals. That's why he wouldn't get dressed. It was meant to be punishment for Mycroft. It worked. But then Sherlock added the mean remarks too. Mycroft was certainly justified in what he said to his pain in the ass bratty brother. Seriously.
Artemis Fortune chapter 5 . 12/12/2012
oh Mycroft, you poor man ;_;
I just wanted him to rest
Thank goodness he did! He made ME tired