Reviews for Custom Made
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Okay, I legit flailed at your note at the end, about incriminating the weapon rather than its wielder. That is like /everything/ and I can totally see it as the inspiration, although I am not familiar with that work itself. This was really, really fantastic, although I must admit I liked the figurine-crafting scenes the most, it's just so intruiguing.. Great job! Thank you for writing this!
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Ooh, very interesting! And lovely inspiration, that adds an extra level of thoughtfulness to the story. The 'detached-ness' works very, very well for Ryou, it's painted (ha!) so clearly in the narration and it made for a very nice read. And I love the title. D Good job, and keep it up!

~Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
Graces of the Child chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
What I really liked about this story was the setting - you captured a point in the series that most people don't really look at, and you handled it with mystery and intrigue that fits the early theme of the manga as a horror story and a mystery.

I love the idea that Ryou and Yami Bakura spent so much time on the figures, it's something I've never really thought about before, but obviously they must've been custom made. What a great story to read, it was a great capture of the events right before the storm starts.

Good luck in the contest!
1-800-SHDWRLM chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
In my top five, if only for the really creepy interaction between Yami B. and Ryou. So cool! And good luck ;)
yllimilly chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Asakdlkjf this. I liked the rapid short scene shifts, I like how you drew Yugi, Ushio and bullying into this. Everything and everyone was very realistic, just the kind of things you could expect to happen in a high school (populated by strange kids and their invasive possessive spirits). I liked the appeal to trust in the end, just the kind of thing you'd expect Anzu to do. (and hey you know that you could perfectly well label this as tendershipping, actually? it'd get you infinitely more reviews and hits). Well, maybe that's just me being cold and calculating

Best of the luck for the contest! This was one of my favorite pieces, it'll be heart wrenching for me this voting round!

Dusty Llama chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
I really enjoyed this, but it's hard for me to pin down exactly why, because the story flowed so well. I admire how you incorporated Bakura, especially with the literary allusion.

There's something very striking about how you wrote this, and I'm fond of the pseudo relationship established between Anzu and Ryou.

Great writing, and good luck!
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
I like the way you did this. Ryou being forced to make the figurines to look like the gang by Bakura. The Ring poking him when he sees Yugi and the Puzzle. Anzu is a great character when not magled by ForKids.
OxEyed chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
I hadn't thought about the models being customized for the characterized, even though they clearly are. It gives the whole Monster World arc an extra layer of creepiness.

I really liked that this was set pre-series (or at least mid-Season 0). I didn't think you could even do it with these characters, but you pulled it off rather nicely. The characterization was also very well done; the interactions between Ryou and the Spirit were disturbing, in the sense of how calmly the Spirit manipulated him. The detached air of the whole story ties it all together. I could definitely see the link between this and Camus. Good job!
Starry Pink chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Well done! I really like how you ended it.
Jonouchi Katsuya chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
I actually really enjoyed your take on the YB/Ryou dynamic. I also liked the scene with Anzu and Ryou by the bullitin board. Great job!