Reviews for The Question
LVB chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
This exchange was just fantastic. It is so like Chakotay to take Tom for a bit of a ride before giving him an answer :)
Kerry J chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Oh this was wonderful! Before this I would have never have thought of Tom going to ask for Chakotay's blessings, but come to think of it - why not? He's right, Chakotay's the next best thing to a father she has. I loved how Chakotay gave him a hard time instead of clapping him on the shoulder at once. And I loved how vulnerable Tom came across here. Thank you for giving us that glimpse.

And the "knocking on the door arch" was simply hilarious!
PinkAngel17 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
I can just picture Tom 'knocking' on his door. It's hilarious and I love! And I also loved the way Chakotay got him to 'prove it'. This was a great addition and I'm so glad you wrote it!
Tharin chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
What a nice story. I loved how easily Chakotay accepted the role as father, and started to question Tom's intentions about his "daughter". Thanks for posting!
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Now that was good fun. You captured so many angles to the relationships between all the main charactors. And it was just terribly cute to see Tom so bumble-y wanting to do right by B'Elanna. Great job!
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Nicely done. I enjoy how this story becomes a vehicle for Chakotay to change his mind about Paris, because that definitely happens over the course of the show but we don't get to actually see many moments when it does. I particularly like the moment where he thinks it's not Owen Paris' son, or Lieutenant Paris, but just Tom Paris that he's talking to.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Hehehe, this story is both delightfully witty and perfectly sweet. The image of Tom pale-faced and fidgeting at Chakotay's door is rather amusing, along with Chakotay prying to the point where Tom starts pacing :P

I do think that you captured the words that Tom would use here; he's always got that mix of charm and sincerity (with just a dash of wit in there too), and I feel like these words are what he would say. I found it interesting that Tom chose a passage from the Bible to represent his love for B'Elanna, as we've never really known him to be a religious person, but it worked here.

A few of my favourite lines:

"His smile would've given the Cheshire cat a run for its latinum." - hehehehehe oh that is a wonderful sentence! :D

"Don't ever knock on my door again." - haha. Why do I get the image of Chakotay reaching for his boxing gloves when he says this? XD

You know... now I'm wondering how Janeway reacted! :D