Reviews for The Soul in Deep Distress
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
She makes such a good mum.
Ballykissangel chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Beautiful one shot, well done you )
FarGreenCountrySwiftSunrise chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
If this fic was a person, I would hug it. Thanks for writing it.
marylouleach chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
*tear* loved it
johnsarmylady chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Have been catching up on your stories while I'm struggling with block...They're really brilliant! Thank you for sharing!
JAL :)
alljuststories chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Short, but poignant. Lovely story.
P'tfami chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Wonderful insight into Mrs Hudson. The poem's inspiration is deeply moving, might there be a companion piece with Mrs Hudson and Lestrade? or Mycroft?
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Ignoring the chair, she opened her arms.

He leaned into her warmth with the trust of a child, pressing his cheek against her brow.

... simply beautiful :)
Fluffy Bunny Slippers chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
3 That is all. 3
CryptoSquirrel chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
GORGEOUS. I love it. Short, sweet, and they were both perfect. Also, I love the poem at the end.

Thanks for sharing!
Hekateras chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Short and beautiful. You know, I'm ambivalent about your tendency to do 221b's, because on one hand they're beautifully-contained little nuggets of literature, but on the other hand they're so bite-sized and just make me want to read more...

But rambling aside, this was exactly as long as it needed to be. Nice, subtle pacing, showing and not telling, and Good Old Mrs. Hudson... and it was touching of John to notice someone else's grief despite his own near catatonia.
CrazyCousinEiko chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Morgan... AAAAAWWWW! I love this! 3

Mrs Hudson's been a favourite character since episode one, and she's just gotten even better over the series. You, as always, have captured her steadfastness and gentle, nurturing nature so perfectly! She's the one you want by your side when things are darkest; the one you can trust for a listening ear, shoulder to cry on, or some comfort food to settle the nerves.

I also love how accepting John is of their respective positions. He doesn't try to "be a man" or mask his emotions. He simply appreciates the comfort Mrs Hudson has to offer.

I love this so very much, as I love all your stories. I was so glad to see the notification in my inbox- this is exactly what I needed (your stories always are). I hope that all is well with you!

3 Eiko
Time and Fate chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Love it!
The Red Fedora chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
How do you always manage to express so much emotion with so few words? :-)