Reviews for Pokemon Ivory
Max Saturday burns toasters chapter 4 . 3/22/2013
Please update
Guest chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
I love how you included stamina as a factor. You REALLY think the whole realism through. And YEN! That's awesome, it's yen! ...I dunno. I love Japan too much
The Agent of Fire chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
I'm glad you made Ivory and Galen struggle a bit in the battles and not win straight off. It can be slightly annoying when writers make their characters and Pokemon instant masters at battling. I didn't think that'd be the case with this story, but you never really know until you get there.

Anyway, awesome job with this chapter. I was so excited to see this story updated so soon. Can't wait for the next chapter! ;)
fierynightangel chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
good chapter! lol hope finals went well then! it they came before the break that is. happy holidays to you as well!
Gyarados' rage chapter 3 . 12/16/2012
I'm loving this story. I really love the different idea and perspective. The descriptions are great and you already have me hooked in!
I hope you update soon because i am really enjoying reading this
Daughter of Kabegami chapter 3 . 12/15/2012
THANK YOU. SO MUCH. FOR UPDATING THIS. I love the detail of which everything is described. Loved the Pokemon names. I laughed at how you said they wouldn't instantly think that you were the best thing since sliced bread. AND I KNOW YOICHI! He was an AMAZING archer from Japanese mythology! He is recreated in Okami as a guard at a gate with an awesome bow and extremely accurate shooting and after you knock down the gate, he says he had something to do in the capital so he could run off and spend more time homing his archery skills, since his only target was an old cannon on the other side of the cliff at the gate. I really do hope you update more, but remember, I will always have the time to read!
The Agent of Fire chapter 3 . 12/15/2012
I was wondering if you were ever going to update. This chapter was pretty much worth the wait, though. I think everyone was pretty much in character and I kind of like how Cheren seems to be more playful with Ivory (well, as playful as Cheren can be) and exasperated with Bianca. They're basically polar opposites, after all.

I also like how Galen is kind wary toward Ivory. I mean, it's not very realistic to say that you've thrown two strangers together or a person and a Pokémon that had never seen each other before and they automatically trust each other 100%. I like your choice of nicknames, too. ;)
Y-ko chapter 2 . 10/15/2012
Bah. You write passably, but it's going to turn into a straight transliteration of game events pretty soon.
Y-ko chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Yeah, you're one of the first people ever to apply a grimdark template to Pokemon. That's why there's such a lack of Nuzlocke and hyper gory "mature Pokemon for ADULTS" on this site. What a refreshing change.

(Do you understand sarcasm, or am I wasting my time?)
fierynightangel chapter 2 . 9/19/2012
cool. excellent start.
Who Says It's A Rebellion chapter 2 . 7/1/2012
This is definitely intriguing! I was thinking about that, too, the fact that everything is so much brighter and... G rated for the kids that play and watch. I'm definitely excited for the N/Ivory romance, however twisted I think you're going to make it. Hooray Snivy! I reallly wish mine was real, I love it so dearly. I have no life. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
The Agent of Fire chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
Interesting. It's a really cool spin you put on the Pokemon universe, to add in a few more factors from real life. Like diseases like rabies, the acknowledgement to the lack of cars, the isolation of most of the towns, and the consequences of the injuries. Your story has a more grown-up angle to it, which makes it pretty original. Plus, it's amazingly well-written and Ivory is still a nice character without being absolutely perfect. She has her strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else, which makes her seem much more real.

Anyway, awesome job so far. Can't wait for the next update! :)

P.S. Your friend is right: Ash is 10 years old when he begins his journey around Kanto. And like in most animes, I think he stays that age throughout the whole series. At least, he doesn't seem to change at all except for getting new clothes at the start of almost every new region.
Kurama-no-Kitsune-chan chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
won't let me sign in for some reason, but I have to review this, since there's only one review. This is AMAZING! I really hope you continue this story. I've never read any pokemon story quite like this, and I really like it. Personally, I disagree with all the injuries induced by pokemon, but I think it's an interesting concept and it makes the story worth reading. Professor Juniper's characterization is also weird to me, but utterly fascinating. You give her a lot more characterization than the cheerful almost airhead she is in the game, and I really love it. Overall, your writing style is great, which is something I appreciate in fanfiction. A good writer is very hard to find when reading this sort of thing lol. I hope you continue the story, and as soon as I can sign in, I am favouriting this immediately.
Daughter of Kabegami chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Wow... That was amazing. Although your descriptions made Pokémon seem scarier, it also made me like them more. Their like guardians too. You have more reasons to love them and keep them close. To love and cherish them like they were your child. That is just so amazing. (yea I can pull positives out of the most negative things.)