Reviews for A Dragon in Shining Armour
jacquelinemueller53 chapter 5 . 10/31/2019
What “black night”?
jacquelinemueller53 chapter 5 . 10/31/2019
AncientMermaimon is the Legendary Warrior of Water, so I know that would be true.
jacquelinemueller53 chapter 4 . 10/31/2019
When will Gankoomon show up?
jacquelinemueller53 chapter 2 . 10/31/2019
What about Server, Folder, Proxy, WWW, and Iliad continents?
Toxicthecat4836 chapter 42 . 6/5/2019
This was super good! The story is interesting, the characters are a lot of fun and things are described very nicely. I really like how this story starts out simple, but then grows into something much bigger. It was funny, suspenseful and really charming.
cantuhilbiggabriel chapter 42 . 4/30/2019
I have just reread the entirety of "A Dragon in Shining Armor" and it is just as amazing as I remember it being! In my 23 years of life it is one of the best novels I have read dye to its spot-on characterization, in-depth worldbuilding, and believable relationships and interactions. In my 18 years of being a passionate Digimon fan, is has been the best serues yet as every Digimon seems professionally created yettrue to the franchise! You are a highly talented writer and the Digimon Fandom is blest to have a person like you giving the world beautiful Digimon stories!
Candlestine chapter 2 . 9/12/2018
The redundancy got worse here. This is where I stop.
Candlestine chapter 1 . 9/12/2018
This chapter wasn't bad, only mitigated by the redundant sentences.
Parousia45 chapter 42 . 4/6/2018
Okay, I got to say that the story is great with great writing style, plot, characters, conflicts, and complexity. The battles are really good and it balances the narrative and action so it is good as I like it having a story that balances everything. As you should know, I am not that deep into the Digimon fandom that much but after watching X-Evolution, it got me interested to the Royal Knights, so even though I am not that deep into the fandom, I can still understand the story with the writing. The plot is really good and it didn't make it too dark with the humor they have from time to time. I'll be discussing the characters individually and state my opinions about them.

Examon is a great character and he is somewhat of the protagonist of the story for the first several chapters of the story. He got the most spotlight behind Alphamon and Omegamon and even though he was pushed to the sidelines at the climax, he is still the protagonist as without him, the story won't take place.

Alphamon is, in my opinion, the best character of the story. He has a great development and his character is really great as even though he is a great leader, he still have some flaws. He is very realistic and well-written that I grew to love his character. Also, bonus points for adding his bisexuality to his character as I like seeing characters having different sexual identities as it becomes more realistic and complex and I like those elements in forming a character.

Omegamon is a sympathetic character as he have been through a lot. A lot of his moments are heartbreaking and he could use a hug. His character is sad that you can grow close to him and it always bring me to tears when something bad happens to poor Omegamon.

Dukemon is really nice too. He seems pretty kind and I like his sense of humor. His short temper is really funny at times but sad when it is serious. Well, because of him, Examon got his character development and he seems to be the same to Omegamon as he is the character that gave another character's development. Now that I think about it, the two seem to be foils to Alphamon and Omegamon where Alphamon has deep insecurities and can be emotional while Examon is not afraid to show his secrets to his friends and remains calm and collected most of the time and only loses it once when the UDC was attacked. Omegamon is always loyal and reserved that he can't share his pain and can't take dark secrets from close friends well while Dukemon is short-tempered and can handle dark secrets from close friends well.

Magnamon is really cute and his character has something to do with inferiority complex for being the shortest member of the group. Despite that, he is a strong fighter and is good...I hope he doesn't kill me for calling him "cute"...Though Huckmon seems to be cuter and I hope that guy becomes a Royal Knight (Seeing that he Digivolves to Jesmon).

Dynasmon seems to be the friendliest character of the Royal Knights and I think he is also flirty. I think he does have some hidden depths with his reaction to knowing Alphamon's bisexuality and his relationship with OuRyuumon. Still, he is pretty good too and him being a friendly guy adds up to his likability.

Sleipmon is a nice one though there is a very heavy flaw he has and that is his unwillingness to kill. Since his unwillingness to kill can be both a good thing or a bad thing, it brings a lot of conflict with the others and there are times that this ideal will get one of his friends killed. Still, this ideal is what saved Paildramon's life when he Digivolved to Imperialdramon Dragon Mode since I also don't want to kill him as he was still a child.

RhodoKnightmon...Oh my God/Arceus/Yggdrasil/Cosmos/Chaos/Minerva/Rose Neo/Master Unit: Amaterasu. This guy is so silly and I always laugh when he talks. He is one of the characters that makes this story lighter and funny with his repeated flirting to the other Royal Knights and shipping different characters with his fantasy...Damn it, first I have to deal with a Chandelure being a hardcore shipper, now I have to deal with a powerful Royal Knight being a bigger shipper...Well, I don't mean it in a bad way but it is killing me from too much laughter. The funniest moment I found from him is during the festival where he paid to get a kiss from Dynasmon in the kissing booth that I nearly laugh out loud and fell off my chair and funnier that it killed Dynasmon's mood that he left the festival early. Despite this, he is a skilled fighter and he is someone you should not mess with.

UlforceVeedramon is much of a troll for being lighthearted and not that serious. Still, he seems to give nicknames to other members of the Royal Knights and he keeps on calling Examon "Ex-sama" and I wonder how he knew that "-sama" is a Japanese honorific for calling someone high when he is not Japanese. Still, he is pretty silly.

Craniamon starts out as a jerk for being a big jerk to Examon but he does have some nice parts that are yet to be shown as he began to become friendlier to Examon. I laughed when he screamed at that different Darkdramon when he was talking about a Darkdramon he and Examon faced.

Duftmon has to be my least favorite character among the Royal Knights. I just can't stand his personality and I tend to dislike characters like that. Even with his unlikable personality, he is still a great asset to the team for being a great strategist. Though I think he'll get some development so that I can tolerate him. Plus, I like the parts where the Royal Knights make fun of him and troll him.

Gankoomon is a pretty interesting character and I like him too. I hope to see more of him in the sequel.

OuRyuumon is also a great character as even though he is a big jerk from the start, he becomes nicer as the story goes on and becomes a better character. He is also good and some of his moments make him cute and funny...Also, I still can't get over the part where he examined Examon's body without his armor on when he was asleep, I think he took RhodoKnightmon's opinion about Examon's body.

Anubismon and BlackMetalGarurumon are great villains and it is pretty sad when they were killed. So this how it feels like when the first villain of the story dies.

DarkKnightmon is a great villain and I like his character. A Digimon who is a former Royal Knight who seeks a peace for the Digital World but is very callous. He has a lot of things that makes him a great villain: cunning, intelligent, powerful, and has some parts that make him sympathetic. Still, his death is sad and it was the only way to stop him.

Dorbickmon can be seen as the true main antagonist as he was the reason the events of the story took place. While DarkKnightmon is the greatest obstacle and adversary of the Royal Knights, Dorbickmon is a very important character as without him, none of the events of the story takes place. He is also a threatening antagonist and he is frightening when he brutally beats up Examon that he was bedridden for a few days.

Also, for the rating of the story, I do not know if it should be M rated but I think it should be. There are moments that it needs to be rated M such as the brief sex scene between Alphamon and OuRyuumon, the theme about Alphamon's sexuality, the Royal Knights' shower scene (Though it is not that M-rated), the uncensored f-words, the scene where OuRyuumon was looking at Examon's unarmored body when he was asleep with detailed description, and OuRyuumon's torture (Not sure about this but the CG cutscene of Celes' torture from FFVI was cut off, this is mostly because she was a woman and not sure with males). The battles are brutal but there are lots of stories I've read that are for teens and are way more brutal than that, like the Maze Runner series. There are lots of swears in most T-rated video games I played but they mostly censor the F-words, like in Blazblue, this character said "What the fuuu-?!" but was cut off by a character who swears a lot to not say that. Most video games that are rated M have f-words uncensored. I'm not that sure but it depends on the society today.

For the flaws, I can't say that you made a mistake with the grammar as you follow a different spelling system with my spelling system (Specifically the towards, downwards, etc.). But I think that you made little to no mistakes (One mistake I recognized was that OuRyuumon was looking at the sleeping Examon and thinking why he was following even though they don't like each other, it was stated at one point that he was looking at Alphamon instead of Examon), which is pretty impressive since writing a long story with little to no errors is hard (I don't like to compare but I'm also a writer with long chapters but I have tons of grammatical errors so you're awesome).

Also, I'll be reading the sequel now and I'll review it once it is done and I might reread this story again to spot some hidden things. Take care!
Snivystorm15 chapter 32 . 3/15/2018
[Also, kudos for writing on how there are several same Digimon yet are actually different; as it'd be pretty difficult to write a story where there are many others of the same name, however, you went through it ]
Snivystorm15 chapter 42 . 3/15/2018
[ First of all, this is an absolute work of pure art.

To begin with as to why that is, I have to begin with how the story began itself.

The small yet satisfying description of the scenery, and how the Digital World was like; Examon's detailed and depicted appearance and how his "wings" and weapon worked.

The battle that enfolded and how Examon handled it; using their skills and experience as to take it all on. The writing was simply remarkable, and the baddies had character despite being Side Characters.
Simply making the story all the more captivating when reading.

The emotion, beliefs, and decisions each character makes which gives an idea as to how they think - even amongst battle, their personalities are there, with each strike and maneuver they make!
Along with the small comments they give XD

Even once the main antagonist showed up, his beliefs held some truth but their emotions got carried away with it.
Hell, I even related to them, somewhat.

Which is only more awe-inspiring, as the way you write each one of your characters has me understand their views; ( some, to a certain extent, of course ). Why they believe something; why they chose to be that way; why they're against it; it's simply all the more impressive!
{ Especially Sleipmon, as I had known what they meant and completely understood why they felt that way - along with how mad they were with Examon
Hope they don't have problems in the next story ;;;; }

To summarize all the emotions and sheer amazing amount of pure skill you have placed into this story;
I cried, I laughed, I empathized / sympathized, and I felt a happy warmth, even once it neared the end.

You - great, talented sir / ma'am / person - are an amazing author, and just by me ( finally, I apologise for not getting to this amazing work sooner ) reading your story, makes me want to try and get as skilled in literature as you one day.

I'll definitely read your next work on these amazing characters ( and yes, even Duftmon's one of them ).

Good luck with any other stories you have and good morning / night. ]
Ivorbarrie chapter 42 . 1/19/2018
Such cool, interesting and touching fanfic. Probably one of my first fanfic I enjoyed the most! With Holy war left for me to finish, I look forward on your other projects coming soon! Either a whole new story, or just another sequel, I hope it will be as good as this one. Maybe even better!
Izumi Ryu chapter 42 . 11/19/2017
Well, I finally finished this work. I definitely liked seeing the insights of the Royal Knights, at least as you have depicted them, especially Gankoomon near the end. Now, hopefully I can get through Holy War.

On another note, this brings about more depth to my ideas for the Digimon comic I've been trying to throw together. Hopeully, I can get it to a state to actually show it and would not mind discussing some of the concepts I have considered for it.
Izumi Ryu chapter 8 . 9/29/2017
It's about time I check your story out. You've done a great job so far and I'm impressed with the depths you've gone so far with the Royal Knights, and was even glad you brought up the Digital Hazard with Dukemon.

My only complaint is the bland description paragraphs, but even that is less of a complaint. It's just the 'stop the story to describe' thing that turns me off from time to time. Of course, implementing descriptive detail in a way that it doesn't interfere with the story flow is a tough balance, but it's a difference between beong engaging and glazing over a paragraph or three.
Vitlium chapter 5 . 7/14/2017
i love re reading this and Holy War is awsome! it fot from awsome to mega awsome!
atill love Magna the most hes so cute i wanna cuddle him like a teddy bear
203 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »