Reviews for Machines
Peachuzoid chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Very well written though rather depressing. The sitcom bit was a nice touch of humor. I loved the "Daryl looked at Rick and Carl then to Andrea and he doesn't feel panic". I thought that was sweet. And the sunrise being a death sentence, lucky and unlucky to make it to the next day. Awesome.
kissesandcake chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Why would you write this? I can't deal with the feelings! First because I REALLY need them to happen on the show. And second because if it happened they'd have this problem exactly. How can someone even have any hope living in a world like that?

Wonderful writing :D
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Wow. Absolutely heartbreaking and haunting. Loved this.
TheFictionFairy chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
This was beautifully painful. The melancholy of the ending (the imagery of the sun rising "like a death sentence" and the idea that Andrea has become his world and that his world is ending) contrasted with the hope in the beginning (the children and the lack of fear when he looks at Carl and thinks of Andrea) play off of each other perfectly. A very powerful piece. Good job.
Lucifer's Garden chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Holy crap, how did I miss this? Beautiful and sad and sweet all at once. My feelings don't know what to do with themselves!

Great story :).
LillianMW chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
This is beautiful. I read it days ago and I've been processing it ever since. It's so depressing, especially when you realize this is probably the reality they would live in. Wonderful job.
Limaro chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Holy cow this is awesome!

Parts are pure poetry. "He looks at her with melancholic eyes, and it's not the fear of danger that makes her cry, or the uncertainty, or their looming deaths. What makes her cry is the pain of losing the life they could've had, in a normal world with normal circumstances and normal days."

The voices are so in character.

The pain and angst all wound up in the love. Love it!

Thank you for writing!
gagewhitney chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
This was so heartbreaking, but lovely and really well written. Very nice job!
Woodrokiro chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
This was absolutely stunning. It was so tragic, and you really set the mood in terms of how terrifying it is to be in this world-especially as a woman- where walkers aren't the only thing to be scared of anymore. Your portrayal of Daryl and Andrea were each so lovely, and now that I think about it this was the first fic I've ever read where Daryl says he love her. Though I understand why it didn't happen in those stories, in here it was so perfect.

Fantastic job.
ComicalContemplations chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
A really bittersweet tale. You've got the mood perfectly and despite the sadness and angst...I really loved it.
cemeterydreamer chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
All I can say is WOW. This is so heartbreakingly beautiful - very poignant with that heavy angsty feeling.

You set the mood so well, of them trying to hang on to the last shreds of hope in an increasingly hopeless situation, and their feelings and reactions to all the things and opportunities that have been stolen from them in this life. So sad, and yet as the reader I still want to believe things can work out for them.

I've also been waiting ages for a fic where Daryl finally says he loves Andrea, and this is the first one I've found! It was so perfect and in character, I couldn't have asked for better.

Seriously fantastic job; I really hope you choose to write more Daryl/Andrea, and if you haven't joined our LJ group you should check us out! .com
I'm-Not-Your-Average-Monster chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Wow...that was all very, morbid /: lmao. Incredibly morbid & depressing too but I guess that's the world they live in. *sigh*

Rachel xo