Reviews for Just Another Meteor Freak
Katniss464 chapter 15 . 10/13
I luv this its awesome...
Katniss464 chapter 15 . 10/13
Shiro Inutoko chapter 40 . 9/14
Loved the story! But I notice that the sequel hasn't updated in a couple years. Are you still working on it? I really don't want to be left hanging with what you've left here!
information overload
Pegasus Sword Master chapter 40 . 5/24
This was an incredible story. There was so much character development, it was amazing.
Loved it!
bibliophilea chapter 40 . 2/20
I'm going to enjoy your sequel, if this story is anything by which to judge! 13 trials in less than a year, five of which are set by ghosts dead set against his becoming king. And all with Danny recovering from his trip to the Phantom Zone, as well as all the abuse his core had taken from the chaos beforehand. AND all this is happening at the tail end of his third year as a halfa. He's in for an incredibly busy and stressful year...
bibliophilea chapter 39 . 2/20
I love this. I absolutely love this epilogue. I love seeing it from the perspective of the Ghost Writer, a self-proclaimed bibliophile to the core. I loved seeing the different members of the council. And I loved Clockwork's quip at the very end! I look forward to reading the sequel!
bibliophilea chapter 38 . 2/20
Wow. This last chapter, and the one before that... such an emotional ride! You had me near paralyzed with pain, and terror, and horror, and suspense, and just pure, raw emotion with regards to Danny's fate! I haven't felt so uncertain about the fate of a character in a long time, and that uncertainty removed a stable base upon which I had become accustomed to standing and watching my cocktail of feels from afar from a more logical standpoint. Normally, when I have a feels overload, my analytical side takes over while the rest of me rides out the feels and recovers; but that uncertainty destabilized the base upon which my analytical side normally stands, making it that much harder for me to manage all the feels! You did a pretty bang-up job on pulverizing my heart... and then you did an even better job of stitching it back together with more deep, fluffy feels from that last scene! And I love how you incorporated the title into that second-to-last sentence!

And now to feed my analytical side! When you said Danny could almost imagine Clark's aura embracing him, it got me thinking about phantom limbs. Your brain's cortex has a mapping to every part of your body- sensation from that part of the body is eventually processed in the specific part of your cortex that maps to that body part. When you suddenly lose a limb, you still have a part of the pathway that connected the limb to your brain, and you still have a part of your cortex mapped to the missing limb. This is where sensations from the missing limb comes from: the neurons in that part of your cortex firing, even though they map to a missing limb. Anyways, this got me thinking: what if Danny has a part of his cortex that maps to sensation from his ghost powers, like his sense of auras? Now that his powers are missing, maybe he can still get "phantom" sensations of his powers from his cortex. For example, maybe when he expects to feel an aura, he does feel like he's sensing an aura, but it's really just phantom sensation from his missing ghost powers. Or maybe he gets chills from the remembered sense of his ice core, or something. And another thing to think about- when you lose your limb, your brain starts to reallocate the cortical mapping of that limb to the mappings of other limbs. For example, when you lose a finger, the part of your cortex that was mapped to that finger gets remapped to the fingers next to the missing limb. It's hypothesized that the reallocation of the cortex is what causes phantom limb pain. What if that started happening with the cortical mapping of Danny's ghost powers? And then, if Danny later recovered his ghost powers, his brain would have to remap itself to his ghost powers, forming new pathways to correspond to them. Essentially, he'd be like a recovering stroke patient, except instead of having to relearn how to use some part of his body, he'd have to relearn how to use his powers. Anyways, that's where my mind went with that small statement about Danny imagining he could feel Clark's aura... [xx

Thanks for writing such a great story! This story is the most in-depth look I've taken at "Smallville": I have never watched a single episode of that show, and the most I knew about it before reading this was that it was about Clark Kent before he became Superman. Reading this story with no clue how any of the episodes would play out was a great experience, and I look forward to seeing how Danny changed the events of Season 5 when I watch the show!
bibliophilea chapter 36 . 2/20
I forget where I read it, but someone posted an excerpt from this chapter to demonstrate why they loved the way you portrayed Danny's obsession the most out of all the portrayals they'd read. It was this excerpt that captivated me and drew me to this fanfic, despite the fact that I knew almost nothing about "Smallville" other than that it was about Superman before he was ever Superman. Your portrayal of his obsession being a compulsion to PROTECT! so strong that it could drown out everything else, a force so pervasive that he could feel every person he failed to protect personally, is incredible and unique, as far as I can tell. I have seen fanfictions where Danny has felt compelled to protect others, but I have never seen that compulsion so strong that it has drowned out the rest of his identity, and I have never seen his obsession written quite as masterfully as I have seen it here. How you've portrayed Danny's ghostliness and humanity in this story is phenomenal, and how you've developed how ghost obsessions work in general, and how his obsession works in particular, is among the best I've ever seen.
bibliophilea chapter 32 . 2/20
I love seeing all the insights into ghost and halfa physiology! This is the first time I've encountered the inner core theory, and it was really cool and fascinating to read! I also love seeing you take on how Danny's combined ghost and human physiology influence each other to give rise to his halfa physiology, not just in this chapter, but throughout your story!
bibliophilea chapter 17 . 2/18
An ectoranium-fueled ghost... it seems like an oxymoron! Seems like something that would naturally grate against all of his ghostly instincts. I liked the way you pulled it off!
bibliophilea chapter 15 . 2/18
Thanks for the explanation on the differences in Danny's character here as compared to his character in canon! I really like seeing the decisions that lead to choices regarding different aspects of the story, including character.
bibliophilea chapter 4 . 2/16
I like your take on Dan, and the shifting of Danny's obsession. I'm guessing the urge to protect himself combined with Vlad's obsession with control to create Dan's obsession...
Sleepless chapter 40 . 1/7
You know i've gone to work exhausted for the past two days because of you.
And I'll do so again tomorrow?

I wasn't expecting to read something so good!

Damn you. and you have a sequel.

Lordy I hope it's finished otherwise you'll end up with me bugging the ever living crap out of you.

Ta for now.