Reviews for White Day
Quis Custodiet chapter 1 . 9/9
I feel obligated to point this out whenever someone writes a fanfiction with a "White Day" motif, but *usually* in Japan, you do not return actual gifts on white day of things like jewelry or clothing except to the girl you are going out with. Instead you return giri chocolate with giri chocolate 95% of the time. A card is also acceptable if it has a nice friendship motif in it.
OnlyTimeWillTell chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Ah. There we go. Super cute.

I have to be honest, sometimes it's kind of hard to picture Haruhi actually initiating a relationship or any associated behaviors. And it's difficult to imagine how it might actually pan out. Only Nagaru Tanigawa knows for sure..
Renascent chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
It's honestly surprising there aren't more fics about a white day that directly relates to the Valentine's Day that happened in canon, at least I've never read one until this one.

First thing noticed is who's perspective this is: Haruhi's. And I appreciate the fact you don't have to say who it is either. It's always refreshing to have someone else's pov instead of the main character's. It certainly adds flavor and requires a lot more effort on the writer's part as well, something which I can appreciate.
Haruhi's perspective is almost always very appeal, especially with good and decent writers but there is always the feeling that they never quite encompasses everything there is to her. There is always the tendency to stray towards one side of her and maintain that sort of consistency when she does not appear to have such consistency. Such is the case here but maybe this is just the best we can do about her.
Yes, she is kind of "OOC" in how rather, reasonable and/or honest she is here.

Warm and Fuzzy Feeling.
This is very much so WAFF. But the subtlety and modesty is what I liked the best about this story.
There was no dramatic narration of how romantic the kiss was: how they were the only ones there in the rain, under the umbrella, which is imperative, time stood still, when nothing else mattered, drowning in their... whatever.
If I had skimmed the ending, I would've been, and I was, like, "wait, what happened?"
There are many fanfics I've read that are also WAFF but they come out way too strong that you can get sick of it and even avoid that sort of story for a long time.

If you have plans to rewrite, I hope you do. I wonder how you feel it could be better.
justbehappydammit chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I was rereading this, and this line stuck out to me:

"It's actually something that looks dull and worthless, but isn't on closer examination. "

Sounds like a certain snarky servile student, wouldn't you agree?
Ariel chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Very cute.

I honestly thought it wasn't very OOC-ish. In fact, Haruhi and Kyon were surprisingly in character for a WAFFy fic.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your stuff. Keep writing, man!
Troglodytarum chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
awww... just a oneshot. oh well.
Chikane-sama chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Aww, that's just cute. Thank you, I enjoyed reading it.
Winter's ice chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Ah, this was really cute, you did a really good job!
the grey mage chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Delicious to read as always.
Samuez chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Love it. Thanks for this. And I just remember it's white day in Japan. ;)

saiyan prince1 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
awsome. i love it
GeshronTyler chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Well, that was nicely done. I thought the whole "white" weather deal was a nice touch as well. Who knows, since the original author tends to write some of the stories out of sequence, he may yet touch upon White Day. Assuming the story will stretch to graduation at least, there must be one or two years left. _ In the meantime, your story will do just nicely. P
Anime Ayumu chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Aww that was sweet in a weird sort of you think you could write it from Kyon's POV? That ought to be interesting...
wedgegeck chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Totally adorable! Haruhi is so cute when she's uncertain like this. It's always good to see Kyon surprising her. Thanks for the WAFF!
shanejayell chapter 1 . 3/14/2012

I love a good waffy fic, really. Good job!