Reviews for Running Up that Hill
Rox2154 chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Brilliant writing. Brought tears to my eyes. Absolutely amazing.
MandyShepard chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Wow... just wow. I'm blubbing like a child this was beautiful and heartbreaking.
literallybyronic chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Love this. Love. Your writing style reminds me of Tanith Lee, so obliquely evocative. Wonderful.
Patatachip chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
*gasps for breathe* IT!
anonymime chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Oh, this was gorgeous. This was the heartbreaking ending I've been bracing myself for for the last few months. I vastly, vastly prefer this over what we were given. Out of curiosity, which was the Farscape line, because I totally missed it.
Nvrmore chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Well as I said, I enjoyed this story. I love your writing style and this story was no exception.

I'm finding an appreciation for fanfiction and NOT following canon after the ending of ME3. I used to be really bothered by AUs.

I also really like your Kaidan. He was the one character I thought was different in this installment. So it was nice to read something that felt like the old Kaidan. Nicely done if not the happy ending I usually like. But I can handle dying for a cause, too. :)

I look forward to more postings.
crimsonrhodelia chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
I really shouldn't have read this at work. Good thing I have a box of tissues on my desk.

Simply beautiful. My favourite parts were:

"And it tasted like desperation, like atonement, like the ashes of the battlefield and the echoes of Ilos and Horizon and Eden Prime, the sun setting over a world on fire. It was I love you, and I'm sorry, and most of all it was goodbye."

and the line about not marrying the man she's dying alongside made me cry as well, and even now, just writing this is making me cry again.
kittymills chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Ahh... be still my heart.

This is simply an amazing fic. I couldn't stand the ending of ME3 myself, and I agree that there should be MOAR KAIDAN (squee, loved that) so I was stoked to read this. I really enjoyed the style you wrote it in too. So many things about this fic that I love! Thanks so much for sharing it. I will be holding it close and secretly praying for a happy ending sequel. It kills me to think that they don't get it. Actually, in my headcanon, I flat out refuse to entertain the idea that they don't, lol. Denial much?

Anyway, this story was beautifully done. Thank you to you for giving me some peace with this fic. The game ending left me traumatized, so this is lovely to read. Its like a balm. Thanks again!
Xx Eve of Destruction xX chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Wow. This was beautiful. I’m on the verge of tears.

I never had a problem with Shepard dying at the end of Mass Effect 3. Sure, a happy ending of rainbows and bunnies would be nice but it didn’t seem like it would fit the storyline. Still, I felt so let down by Bioware’s endings, they totally put a damper on a great game.

Good, well written fics like yours though can help me cope with my disappointment. Fingers crossed there will be an alternate ending DLC where we can get some closure!

Again, good work!
Lesatho chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
All my tears. You have them now.

This was very touching, very sad. But still so beautiful. I'm a firm subscriber to the Indoctrination Theory at this point, but if the ending that we get is the ending that we get then I would like to imagine that this is how things end.