Reviews for A Different Kind of Tutoring
DeiStarr chapter 2 . 10/11/2014
You need to fix the warnings on this. I've read several chapters, and what Draco does to Harry is 100% assault and abuse. It is completely non-consensual and disgusting. It is offensive to every member of the BDSM community when this type of behaviour is portrayed as anything other than something that should result in the aggressor being locked up. BDSM is always consensual, and there is always a safe-word. It is a choice, and it involves trust. Harry does not consent to anything in the beginning, and if he consents later it will only be out of having been broken psychologically and brainwashed by the abuse - this is a very serious crime because of how lasting the pssychological damage is. He doesn't trust Draco - and Draco IS harming him in an incredibly damaging and long-lasting psychological way in this. He's tied down against his will and beaten and forced to submit, screaming and crying the whole time. The only reason he doesn't put a stop to it immediately after he gets away is fear. He agrees to the oath out of fear, and the oath holds the threat of the loss of his magic over him to keep him from telling - the way abusers in reality use death threats.

You need to warn for abuse and non-consensual violent play. This is made all the more horrifying considering the way Harry was abused as a child. I can't even finish this; there is absolutely nothing you could possibly write to make this story okay. I understand that some people have a kink for non-con/abuse, and this is fiction; but you need to warn appropriately. People like me who've survived years of long-term abuse get really triggered by this stuff. BDSM isn't triggering (depending on the victim, and even then it's not as triggering), because the psychology behind abuse and BDSM is completely different. BDSM is a choice because both partners want it. Abuse involves being forced into something against your will, and having your spirit, will, and to a degree your mind all broken until you consider your abuser's behaviour acceptable. It is a very ineffective teaching method, and one of the worst ways in which one human being can violate another. In this story, you have Draco RAPING Harry's spirit, will, and mind, and you include no warnings. So many people end up in abusive situations because they do not recognise abusive behaviour until it is far too late and they see no way out of it. By writing about it as if it was in any way okay and not warning for it, you are contributing to the misunderstanding.

I'm not saying 'Delete this! How could you write it?', but I AM saying you have no right not to issue proper warnings. I will be checking back and in you haven't updated the warnings in a month I will report this.
Drarry4eva chapter 12 . 10/4/2014
This was good. I'm really not a fan of the whole bondage/bdsm sort of thing. If it's tame, sure, but I just really don't enjoy reading it. But I enjoyed this. I am so glad that you did Draco Topping, I hate Top Harry, it's too out of character for him. I also refuse to read stories that have Top Harry. But I'm glad this story doesn't have that. Anyways, I am waiting for the sequel. I hope you are still planning on posting it. Please post it soon.
magicanimegurl chapter 12 . 8/7/2014
Interesting. .. sequel? Write on!
pbs chapter 12 . 5/16/2014
Please massage me when you put up the sequel
Debzz chapter 12 . 3/11/2014
Sequel yes!
Shion chapter 12 . 3/8/2014
This was really amazing! I absolutely loved it.
It would be great if you wrote a sequel about their lives after Hogwarts. I think it would be really interesting to know what happened to their relationship!
ToLazyToLogIn chapter 12 . 9/28/2013
I love the story. It has a great plot line, that could be easily transferred to a sequel, which I am really hoping you haven't given up on. Well done on such an amazing story.
n1h1l4dr3m chapter 12 . 7/27/2013
This is by far the best tutoring scenario I've read yet. I really liked how you let Draco slowly-even, I would say, with affection and care-lead Harry into exploring and figuring out what he really wanted in their little...arrangement. My favorite part was when Draco slapped Harry for telling him at the last minute that he needed help. I know everyone always sees Harry as a top, but your telling of him as a sub was perfect. Little touches like Draco's insistence on teaching Harry manners and tradition and "things every pureblood would know" made the whole story even more perfect. I would request a Hermione/Draco tutoring fic from you, if you're taking requests...
Juliette Potter-Black chapter 12 . 3/15/2013
Love it, wonderful work with Draco character and even though I got this thing for bottom draco I can totally see him behaving like he did in this fic.
masonxoxo chapter 12 . 2/16/2013
whats the sequel called
Mashkai30 chapter 12 . 12/24/2012
Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!
SilverShadow1311 chapter 12 . 12/14/2012
Your an amzing writer and I see harry more of uke/bottom than a seme/top and this couple fit together sow ell how you put it together I actually cried can't remember which part and have now started to read the sequel and am soon going to hopefully read the rest of your works
DELETEDFORGOODDDDDD chapter 12 . 12/2/2012
This was so hot. I loved it, except for the abuse, but other than that it was great.
DELETEDFORGOODDDDDD chapter 7 . 12/2/2012
I really like this story but I hate Draco hurting Harry like that. It makes me angry. To me it's abuse.
HarrehPottah196 chapter 12 . 11/27/2012