Reviews for Weighing the Scale
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Good poem. The descriptions tell of Boromir's fight inside himself on whether to take the Ring. There is emotion in this poem, which kept me going.

Aria Breuer
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Good description about the ring tempting Boromir.
Elf of Rivedell chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
*swallows hard* Wow. I wish I could write poetry, but I can't, so I'll leave it to people who know how.
Juniper chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
Yay! Boromir! It was a very good poem TH! I'm glad to read a poem that isn't about Legolas or something like that. Boromir is cool, I think. You really made his character clear with this poem. Thank you. Muck luck with further fics. Love Juniper
Aryaveiel Skycryer chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
Very good, very good indeed. I like how you repeat that one stanza every other paragraph; to illustrate how it takes over Boromir's thoughts. Powerful wording.
Forget Yesterday chapter 1 . 6/13/2002
Poor Boromir... I feel so bad for him. He was already unpopular, and then they went and made him look like a total moronic dimtwit/arsehole person in the movie. Well, okay, the swordfight with the hobbits was pretty redeeming... and in the movie he got a WAY better dying scene...

But other than THAT. And in the book they at least make it clear that he wasn't being all "Oh, I'm Boromir the arse so I'm gonna steal the ring", it was "Waw I went temporarily insane and tried to take the ring, but I'm very very sorry about it now"

Harrumph.

And did you know Legolas's "There is a fell voicec on the air" Thing was supposed to be Boromir? Yups. I bet BOROMIR could've said it without sounding like a ditz!

Oh well. Wow, I'm babbling. Oh, got to go. Oh well. Anyway... nice poem. Good rhythm throughout, and pretty good portrayal too.
thetwinssidekick chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
very very lovely poem...i luv poetry so this one is definately one i had to read :) keep up the good work!
Mistoffelees chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Captures Boromir perfectly. I love the 'It calls to me, day and nightI cannot sleep; I cannot fightThe calls it sends me , what shall I do?' parts. Wonderful!
Raine Default chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
Well, I can sort of understand Boromir. I know that the ring brings out everithing evil in a person. It also uses its fears and weaknesses. Boromir is so afraid for his people and he only wants it to save them. I am a bit sorry for him, because he knows that he cant use the ring- the ring would use him, but the concern of his people is his weakness and the ring uses it against him. I liked this poem a lot by the way. Good emotions.

Hugs Phoebe