Reviews for In Times of War
giodan chapter 29 . 2/9
good work! a bit sad but that live for you!
Cayar chapter 29 . 3/26/2014
Two years old and still good.
SilverRed chapter 29 . 2/19/2014
Your ending was too short, to abrupt - it didn't make sense because it was so abrupt and disjointed. If you choose to kill off Ally (you evil, evil person you) thats your choice but draw it out a bit more, and give us more than a few paragraphs as epilogue.

Now for the positive stuff. Your story was awesome in how mundane it was. Finger nail polish on turian talons- never seen before. You took a few conversations and made a short story. Good job.
The Anguished One chapter 29 . 11/24/2013
I would write a self-insert story, but that's just my suggestion.
The Anguished One chapter 28 . 11/24/2013
Incredible story. I type this fighting back tears, even though I knew this couldn't end well. Still, their friendship was beautiful, and this story is amazing.
Belenor chapter 29 . 10/9/2012
Thank you for writing this story, I enjoyed reading it. I, too, was impressed with the conversation snippets between the human girl and the turian C-Sec officer in ME3. Those scenes had a kind of desperate resolve that fit very well within the setting and touched the heart. You captured this feeling wonderfully, especially in the earlier chapters, and the friendships between the major characters were beautifully rendered.
Later on, I was rather surprised by Ally's moderate reaction to Morlia's death and the dawning acceptance of her parents' demise. I'd have liked it better if you had shown a bit more about her thoughts and feelings there.
As for the final chapter, Ally's POV would have been a more fitting ending point, in my opinion. The switch from Ally dying to Dellix' future was rather jarring, and felt more like a last-minute "let's get something positive out of this" addition. I realize that some people don't like open endings, but for this story, I think it would have been appropriate.
waylsind chapter 29 . 9/10/2012
I absolutely loved this. One of the things I love about the mass effect games is the feeling of scope you get. Little things like these minor characters bring to life the severity of the reaper invasion and the importance of your actions. You even managed to capture the somber mood of the games themselves with that bittersweet ending. Personally, I look forward to seeing more of your work, especially about the adventures of Ping.
Archer83 chapter 29 . 7/22/2012
You took an interesting and tragic small side story between two characters we never really got to know, and turned it into an absolutely amazing, engaging, funny, heartbreaking, and very touching, story all it's own. As long as we remember them and keep them in our hearts, our friends and family will never truly be gone. MLGumm, you are one hell of a writer.

-Archer83
ryuou chapter 29 . 5/17/2012
Loved this fic and read every chap as it was posted, not sure why I didn't comment until now but whatever.
S.Thyme chapter 14 . 5/16/2012
I've been reading this fic non-stop since I found it and wondering how it was that I missed it! I'm enjoying the mix of fun-loving and emotional moments - the relationship between Ally and Dellix is adorable and I can't wait to see it grow. However, this fic has also distracted me from work, and I must get back to the grind. Damn fine job!
Ruusu chapter 29 . 5/13/2012
Fantastic fic. I loved the relationships between Ally and the others. Ally's dead was well done and touching. I really like the first idea of writing a series of stories detailing the lives of all the overheard conversations in ME3. It sounds interesting.
Sailoramber chapter 29 . 5/10/2012
so tense, and so sad.

still better than what i imagined. i thought you were going to have some kind of gruesome last stand were Delix and ally were alone, and then he dies defending her, and then she gets killed too.
Jelfia Maleak chapter 29 . 5/10/2012
I really felt the ending was well done, though i was said to see ally died it was down well (and we all know something like that might happen :( )

as for other fics i like the one:

A series of stories detailing the lives of all the overheard conversations in ME3. (and maybe even include me1 and 2 in there? :) )

as for: A self-insert ME fic. can say please no, but i think every writer goes thru this phase... though ME seem to have a lot more them most other genera.
birdymain chapter 29 . 5/10/2012
Oh. T.T That was sad at the end. Ally died.

Great story by the way.
Hijokugei chapter 29 . 5/9/2012
Caution and warning: Eunuchs typically were castrated at the age of 7 or 8. If Ping was to be Eunuch, he'd be one by the time "Mulan" rolls around.