Reviews for A Certain Mystical Esper
Tick chapter 22 . 1/1
I liked the story but the Touma/haremMisaka pairing ruines my heart. I think that Mikoto deserves normal man with no harem.
ReploidCat chapter 10 . 11/25/2013
This thought slipped my mind since the first chapter actually. Isn't Ryusuke unable to copy Imagine Breaker through analyzing AIM fields because Imagine Breaker is not an esper ability and thus Kamijou has no AIM field to copy.
ReploidCat chapter 4 . 11/25/2013
Early appearance of the sisters? Interesting. Where'd those calculations come from? Pretty curious about em.
NassyNaan chapter 2 . 6/30/2013
lol I don't know anything about the series... but that was awesome! -
CypherPen chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
Great story so far, ragner! Hey, where did you get those math equations in chapter 4? I'm interested to know how they would translate into ryu's combat moves
PokeRescue18 chapter 22 . 12/5/2012
This is PokeRescue18 delivering to you a special chapter for this fanfic after reading it the entire night:
Your story is a rather interesting take on to the storyline of the series. Although, your plot veers more closely to Railgun than Index; it isn’t half bad in retrospect.
Your OC Ryusuke is a very interesting character; his ability Proximity Trace is very similar to the OC ability that I have in mind, “X” Evolver. The ability of copy the personal realities of other Espers is quite powerful, especially if he continues to level up.
Also, you seem to include TvTropes terms like “Chekov’s Gun” and “Glass Cannon”. Don’t worry; I’m also a troper too.
However, this review is not complete without pointing out the flaws:
Grammar and sentence structure errors are present. I’ll take an excerpt from your story as an example:
"Neh, I'm not an ape, I have a name you know, Ryusuke Isha." I replied, looking at Kuroko with a bored expression on my face.
During the dialogue, the sentence shouldn’t end with a period; rather, it should end with a comma. Here’s the revised version:
"Neh, I'm not an ape, I have a name you know, Ryusuke Isha[,]" I replied, looking at Kuroko with a bored expression on my face.
See, I even put brackets just to show the change I made in that sentence. A comma at the end of each dialogue provides a bridge to the next dialogue in the sentence. Keep that in mind.
If you want, I can offer my services as your beta reader. I can correct the errors that you wrote in your draft and point you in the right direction in case your OCs became out-of-character.
Well, I ran out of words to say to compliment to your great story, so why not you help me back in return? I'm not sure if you like Pokémon, but I did write a crossover between Pokémon anime, Pokémon Special manga, and Pokémon DP Adventure manga. It is called "Crisis on Two PokéWorlds!"
Also, I have another story that you might be interested in. This story is a crossover, but with To Aru Majutsu no Index and YuGiOh called "A Certain Duelist's Dream".
Although I have finished writing this side-story, I'm planning to write a sequel. On the sequel, GREMLIN will be the baddies. What do you think of this? I hope you reply back.
PokeRescue18
NoCreativity chapter 22 . 9/17/2012
This has so far been the best OC-centric story in the Index/Railgun fandom I've read. At first, I thought this is going to be one those Gary Stu fics, considering Ryusuke's ability but you have done great to avoid that to happen. Can't wait for the sequel.
tarious123 chapter 22 . 9/9/2012
I want more! Oh well, best finale ever! Can't wait to see the next one!
Mikey123 chapter 22 . 9/9/2012
That's one way to end a volume. lol Well done.
Icefriend chapter 22 . 9/9/2012
That was a really good ending! The Accelerator vs Touma fight has always been one of my top three moments in the series (along with the Accelerator vs Kakine, and the Accelerator vs Touma rematch fights) and you really captured the essence of it.

I can't wait to see the sequel, are you going right into it or are you going to take a break?
vanitas1776 chapter 22 . 9/9/2012
Finally, the end has arrived, only to continue anew! Good job with the final chapter, though I wish you put in an epilogue of him reconnecting with Akiha.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/2/2012
Very interesting! Kept me glued reading once started. And like the fighting scence. Might fall in love with the writer...
vanitas1776 chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Ryuu, suicide is not the answer!

Well, we know he doesn't die-Touma probably steps in and saves his a**, so it should be similar to the canon Raildex storyline, unless you're going to put in the fight between Accelerator and Ryuu/Kaho.

Anyway, great chapter! I wish this actually happened in the series-it seems like it could be a sidestory that the author might actually write!

Anyway, see you around, Ragner! Is it okay if I send you a fanfic story summary, and if you like it, you could try and make a story around it? I'd write it myself, but I'm sort of busy with my original story at the moment.

Sorry to disturb, and hopefully the last two chapters are good as the others have been!

-Van
Icefriend chapter 21 . 8/14/2012
This was a really good chapter, I might have said this already but I love that you aren't putting Ryusuke together with Misaka. I hate when writers put their OCs with canon characters that already have a love interest, it just comes off as self-inserty (I'm just going to pretend that that is a word). I'm cool wih you puttig him togethe with a Misaka clone though because they haven't (well other than 10032) really been expanded upon.

This chapter really made me feel bad for Ryusuke, but in a good way. I can't wait to see his jealousy for Touma skyrocket after Touma gets a harem wih Misaka in it XD. (Which I'm guessing isn't going to happen until future stories?)

I can't wait for the Accelerator fight :D
Mikey123 chapter 21 . 8/14/2012
aww its almost over? still a great chapter!