Reviews for Sarah vs The Wisdom In Memories
klingoncowboy chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
A great story Sir. Thank you kindly for sharing.
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Great story. Thank you for writing. Look forward to more.
Hotski chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Amazing story, BDaddyDL!

I'm one of those guys that had a bit of a depression after the ending we got that was terrible, just terrible if I can say it myself and yes, storys like this is healing and that's why I started reading fics, I never read a fic in my life before Febuary. So thanks for this one.

How I personly have the post-ending is slightly like this, parts of this is like my own and this story was really great.

I liked the way you made this story up with the time shifting and all.

And I'm not even exaggerating when I say I got insane goosebumps from the last thing Sarah said! Add Story to Favorites - Check
moggyv82 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Excellent one-shot!

Thank you kindly for sharing your post-finale vision, I enjoyed it immensely (as I do with most of your writing).

I love the beauty of the finale but I think all Chuck fans want to know that Sarah & Chuck will be happily ever after. Not everybody got that from the finale (I did), but reading this story was further evidence of the inescapable & intangible elements that Chuck & Sarah's love is filled with!

I have already recommend this Fic to a few fellow Chuck fans; so once again great work and thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!

-Moggy
uplink2 chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Thanks so much for writing this. There so many great moments. Loved the ballerina memory. I think that for many of us is when we believe she fell for him first.

That first night after the beach must have been awkward. But to so instinctively think and react so similar is a testament of the almost other worldly connection they have. She knows it doesn't feel right that she sleep alone and that Chuck will give her the comfort but not the pressure.

Interesting you chose Lou as a memory point. It was an instrumental part of Sarah learning she was in love with him.

Liked the tie in to Baby as that episode showed us that the Wildcard enforcer was already somehow different than her image. She only showed that part of her to her mom until she met Chuck who saw it from day 1.I'm glad Emma was there and had seen Chuck and Sarah together before all this. It makes her role in helping that much sweeter.

Alas Shaw. Dealing with that would be one of the many things I'd like to see writers expand on. The hotel room, the name reveal, all of it so absurd and so wrong. Maybe your choice is the best. We both screwed up and lets move on.

I do believe they end up re-marrying at some point. It was great to see your pov of it. The final line tying it all back to the ballerina was great.

I still need to come to terms with the finale and stories like this do help as it is my faith in them that leads me on. I just hope someday I can start to rewatch and enjoy their journey again.
BigKev67 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Great job with this one, BD. PeterO has alreadt mentioned this, but what I loved most of all were the little character beats and observations - and not just the obvious ones. Loved the line about how Chuck and Sarah are both proud that Chuck kept "Lisa" to himself - something out of canon, but beautifully observed and exactly how both of them would have reacted and felt. Also loved the callback to Cliffhanger with the "little superheroes" line, and Alex's gentle mothering of Morgan.

Your title talks about the wisdom in the memories, and you demonstrate that by filling in some of the blanks for us with each memory that returns and each scene. And bringing everything full circle with the ballerinas comment was fantastic. You built on the outline that I saw, and made me feel every connection - not just between Chuck and Sarah, but also with Emma, Morgan, Alex and especially Beckman.

Also really liked the way you handled the Lou and Shaw episodes - the emotions of both were real but not overdone. And a appropriate song choice to finish off - great work!
Michael66 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Great one shot! I've avoided the post Season 5 stories like the plague, but I had to read yours. I was not disappointed.
PeterOinNYC chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Okay, you know I like to find the story in a song. I'm often disappointed by 'song fics' cause the music is just background to the story, not part of it. In yours, it's important to the characters. Really well done.

But that's not the only reason I like this. The non-verbals between Chuck and Sarah are so well written, so in character. Everyone has Sarah chewing on her bottom lip,

but you added the turned foot the first night, the tilted head during the dance etc. And the way Chuck reacted to Sarah's returning memories was so - Chuck.

Well done my friend, well done!
P.J. Murphy chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Thank you for the lovely birthday present! Beautiful story. It really captures the emotions of what will hopefully happen to our favorite spy couple. They deserve to be together.

Excellent work, and thanks for thinking of me. :-D
ArmySFC chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Very good job Sir! can't wait for the next chapter of the one that's almost as old as me.
red lighting chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
love it
wassupchuck chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Well done. I am so glad for the way you wrap this up! Shame on the writers of Chuck... I was depressed for 2 weeks, and am still miffed! Thanks again!
coreymon77 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Very well done, BD. It's good to have more of your work to read again. I'm part of the group that is fine with the finale, as I just made my own interpretation of ending in my head that, as far as I'm concerned, is fully canon. However, it is nice to see how other writers continue things. This was beautifully done. :)

I know! It is so awesome that, even though the show has ended, we are still getting new stories and a few entirely new authors continuing the legacy of our show. I was worried that this wouldn't be the case, but am ecstatic that it is. :)

Great one, once again, BD.

until next time,

coreymon77
atcDave chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Thanks bdaddy for a very nice healing fic. I think you're right that this sort of story is so needed for so many of us after the finale. It is really satisfying to see our favorite twosome get back to where they belong!
2old2write chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Very sweet! You've captured the love that could not die but also the heartbreak of trying to find it again. The fact that they had hurt each other several times through the years is something a lot of other fanfic writers have ignored so an glad you included that issue. It would definitely hurt the healing process as Sarah remembers.

This is my daughter's b-day too and we enjoyed watching CHUCK together so much so I am sending her this link so she can enjoy it as well.