Reviews for Mass Effect: Order Upon Chaos
Neoalfa chapter 10 . 6/11/2015
I'll never look at the Mass Effect series and at the Reapers with the same eyes. Awesome work, man.
Loeka chapter 10 . 5/24/2015
I will never look at the Reaper the same way again. This is brilliant, gorgeous and bone chilling.
You made eldritch abominations not just relatable, but... justified isn' the word, but you can see how they slid down their path inch by inch, how the immense passage of time warped their perspective, how their losses, the seemingly endless cycle of destruction changed them, embittered them.
I salute you, this is hands down the best interpretation of the Reapers I've ever found.
absolute-insanity chapter 10 . 6/14/2014
There are two loopholes in this story. You say that the Reapers do not actively try to hunt down information caches of harvested races, you do not, however, explain how the Beacon Blueprint falls into the hands of the organics in the first place. While it is possible for them to have reverse engineered it by studying the Amplifier, I would still have liked to have thus confirmed.
Also, you never explain how the Amplifier also somehow turned into an Mass Relay; according to your narrative such a thing never happened.
I would have also loved to have one chapter in the end only devoted to Iteration Conclusion Reports of the Isuanon, Prothean and the only partially compiled Report of the Asarian cycle. ( Additionally, it would have been nice for them to have noted that the projected leading race would have been the Salarian, but the Protheans meddled with the human genome to produce effective weapons capable of fighting reapified Infantry and thus put them ahead in the next iteration. ) (I say that Salarian and Asari are the frontrunners of the cycle, because, canonically, they are. )
Besides these points, I have to say that I personally love this story and would implore you to make more stories of this type!
Wapiti chapter 10 . 2/26/2014
Even though I liked Leviathan, I have to say that I enjoyed this more. Since ME1, I was excited to find out about the Reapers' origins and even Leviathan did not provide the depth I anticipated.

All the better when I find gems like this. I don't even dare hope for an update after seeing the last date this story was updated, but I can't complain because I'm thankful I got to read at least "most" of the Reapers' evolution.

Great job, favourited (and followed too, just in case:))
The Wandering Reader chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Now this is one of the best fics I have read about the reapers...
Please update...
This is so EPIC!
Partsu chapter 10 . 3/11/2013
You just made me sympathetic towards Reapers...
Guest chapter 10 . 1/31/2013
Moar give me...holy crap I used that meme...Anyway this is fantastic and I cannot WAIT untill you get to the 'present' cycle or is it the last cycle. Either way keep it up.
NonSolus chapter 10 . 1/20/2013
This is, I think, one of _the_ most mindfucking stories I've ever read in the Mass Effect universe.
And from Reaper perspective no less!
Proper Science Fiction with sensawunda, this.
Eagerly awaiting more mindblowing chapters about our favourite eldritch abominations from dark space!
Cstan chapter 10 . 1/20/2013
I am in awe of this work. Your ideas of the origins and later fall from grace of the Reapers is novel and inspiring. Heh, I find it ironic that Harbinger, the "bad" guy, would resent the "Cycle of Destruction" the longest.
Juan Ophus chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I know you'll probably never read this, but I just wanted you to know that this is the only fanfiction I don't consider a guilty pleasure. Let us know if you ever write a novel, and please update this whenever you feel ready.
Tobias5 chapter 10 . 8/21/2012
This is a fantastic story. I can't wait until you bring it up to Mass Effect timeline., I'd love to read some of thier conversations about Shepard and that cycle.
NeoDeus chapter 6 . 7/15/2012
This is absolutely incredible.

I honestly can't think of any criticism right now because just... wow. Absolutely fantastic story, fits perfectly with the spirit and lore of Mass Effect.
Generic Anonymous Name chapter 10 . 5/23/2012
This is a great work of fiction which does an astoundingly good job of characterizing the Reapers, and even allows the reader to sympathize with them. (Not at all an unremarkable feat when working with Lovecraftian style alien horrors.)

That said, I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't seen more in-depth interactions between "the assembly" and the species they seek to preserve; I would have liked to more clearly see the different reactions of different "iterations," and perhaps attempts the assembly may have made to help civilizations without the end-all "preservation."

Regardless, it's your story, not mine, and it's still amazing. Not to mention thousands of times greater than the current canon explanation of the Reapers' existence. (We synthetics will kill you so you won't be killed by your own synthetics.)
luk3us chapter 10 . 5/18/2012
Yeah see I like this story of how things over time get twisted and distorted until they become completely unrecognizable. Gives the 'Reapers' more depth and more I suppose more sympathetic? Instead of a few lines of we are your salvation through destruction (even though thats a great line).
Jozern chapter 10 . 5/16/2012
And so we reach almost modern ME days. Keep it up Sudentor, looking for more especially Sovereign and Protheans/collectors parts.