Reviews for Milk Plus And Eggiweggs
Nova Sinfonia chapter 19 . 9/2/2012
Awww, is that the end? I'm glad Marisa and her father are reconciled, though. It's tough when kids or young teenagers start to recognize older people's faults, and this is a bigger deal than most. (I remember being that age and thinking only OTHER people were hypocrites. Recursive irony? Anyway.) The interactions between your characters were always interesting and the story a good read. Thanks for posting!
N.S.
Nova Sinfonia chapter 18 . 9/2/2012
Great job again and sorry I didn't get to this before.

That situation was difficult for everyone in the chapter, and it was interesting seeing everyone's reactions. Again, I admire your concise-ness (spell check tells me that's not a word, but oh well). I don't know why I smiled when I read "Wikipedia" - maybe its specificity seemed sort of funny - but that's not really a criticism. If the future ACO universe had Wikipedia Alex's case would probably be there.
Dan Sickles chapter 19 . 8/9/2012
This was a very meaningful chapter. I really liked how patiently Alex explained the concept of empathy and how much of a caring father he's become. Marisa could even have been more stubborn, and said she needed time to think about it, rather than grinning and feeling better right away. And when she asks if she's destined to become like Alex he could look more worried, like it's something that's haunted him too, even if he hopes for the best.

Oh, and one other suggestion. Alex would probably not say "oh, boy!" Probably something like "bloody hell" would be more in character. :-)
Dan Sickles chapter 18 . 7/30/2012
Great chapter! I really feel for Marisa and you describe her pain and anger and confusion really well. Just a coupe of minor points:

1.) This being the future, maybe Marisa would look up her father's past on line instead of using a print Encyclopedia. (I'm a librarian and I can tell you they're already being removed from a lot of libraries as obsolete!)

2.) Marisa's grandmother (Alex's mother) seems really thoughtful and understanding. I think that's great, but some readers will probably complain because in both the book and the movie Alex's mom is actually kind of a selfish, annoying character. All she ever does is cry and blame Alex for everything!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 17 . 7/24/2012
I like that the Alexanders have a child too! Also I'm glad the Ludovico treatment isn't being used anymore. It reminds me of real-life examples like electroshock therapy... or for nature, certain pesticides... that were thought OK in the past but turned out to be dangerous. And it's interesting that it's a safety issue as well as a moral one. It makes sense that criminals released from jail might be attacked by former enemies (as Alex was).

Anyway, I also thought this chapter was good because I could follow what Marisa was thinking and feeling - and through action, not just interior monologue - which is hard to do, so great job. I hope she's all right! Looking forward to reading more!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 16 . 7/24/2012
That must be hard for them to deal with. I'm glad you-know-who's in jail - in this continuity, did he ever become a policeman himself? Just curious.
Nova Sinfonia chapter 15 . 7/24/2012
Interesting... Just a structural thing - it might be more suspenseful to reveal nearer the end, rather than at the beginning, that Mr. A was probably framed. But the feelings and the dialogue worked really well - both with the younger couple's worry and the other couple's happy reunion. I'm glad there are more chapters up so I can read them right now :)
Nova Sinfonia chapter 14 . 7/24/2012
I like the name Marisa - pretty but not too flowery, and like Maria it's used in a few different languages.

Alex feels guilty? It isn't his fault directly, but I can see why he'd feel that way. But he's right, it can't have been Mary, because the narration says "he." A mystery!
Dan Sickles chapter 17 . 7/23/2012
Wow, that was shocking! What will Marisa discover next?
Dan Sickles chapter 16 . 7/16/2012
Great chapter! Alex and Lorelei are such a wonderful couple. I love how each of them protects the other. When Alex wants to kill Billy Boy, she talks him out of it. But when she's afraid to go out to dinner, her persuades her it's okay. You have such a knack for writing relationships. You should definitely think of writing an original romance novel for publication some day!
Dan Sickles chapter 15 . 7/9/2012
Wow, I have to admit I had not been following this story for the last few chapters. But it is amazing! The way you introduced Mary Alexander really blew me away, and the discussion of her past life and what she's doing now really touched me. I like how you write about the kidnaping too! This is a really well-written story that discusses some very spiritual themes in a very subtle way.

I also like a lot of the humor, especially from Alex, like when Lorelei says Frank may have worked through his anger and Alex says, "I like seriously doubt it." Great line!
LuluCalliope chapter 4 . 6/25/2012
It's been forever since I've seen this movie. I forgot that Dim became a policeman!

Anyway, great story so far!
Dan Sickles chapter 13 . 6/25/2012
This was a great chapter! This story is coming along very well and I am always impressed with how well you write relationships. You should try writing a full length romance novel, you would be so great at it. You should also see if you can find a RWA (Romance Writers of America) chapter down in Florida, they can teach you so much!

One small complaint: would Alex really "giggle?" I think he should either "smeck" real gromky or give a deep manly guff like Dim!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 13 . 6/20/2012
Exciting chapter! I'm glad Alex didn't panic! And it made me laugh when he held out his dirty hand to the cop - yuck, but in a :) way (I'm very articulate today, I know).
Nova Sinfonia chapter 12 . 6/20/2012
Sorry I didn't get to this before! An interesting chapter, and I'm willing to take back what I said about the story being too abrupt, because I see each chapter is a different scene. Besides, it's good not to be too wordy (my problem a lot of the time, alas!)

Anyway, I'm wondering if you're playing a little trick with the section at the end! At first I thought it was Frank Alexander, but since it doesn't say who, it might be anyone...