Reviews for I remain, Yours
This is the best story I ever read. I love it. It is way better than the original Twilight. You have a great talent. Thank you for posting this story this is the 3 time I read it.
This is the most astonishing thing I've ever read. I FELT the emotions. The heartbreak, the love, the joy and pain, all of it. You brought them to life. I feel as though I truly know them.
dpennell007 chapter 50 . 10/31
Fabulous ending to your lovely story! It was time well spent.
winterhorses chapter 16 . 10/30
I now understand how “easy” it was for people to have put the 1918 pandemic out of their minds. We’re not even completely out of this, and already, many aspects of pre-pandemic life have returned. Of course, a good number of those who weren’t directly affected in some manner don’t even believe in the severity of disease. I’d have to do research, but even though I know anti-mask groups were present in 1918, I’d imagine that the disbelief and protestation in the US this time around is much stronger due to the divisive political and social climate.

We are indeed fortunate that medical understanding and technology has advanced so much in the last 100 years. The death rate from Covid-19 would undoubtedly be much higher other use.
maembe13 chapter 18 . 10/26
It is amazing how different this chapter lands in 2021 as opposed to when you wrote it. Now that the Spanish Influenza is no longer "forgotten" and our collective memory and experience of epidemics is forced into daily consciousness, this hits so much closer to home.

I have absolutely adored your attention to history and detail, even down to word choices. The historical footnotes always made me happy and I enjoyed learning about this time of life. I loved the letters and the reconstruction of 1918 and how much things changed for people just in the few months between Edward's "i want to be a soldier" to "i want to live". the constant forboding that clung to him for us readers was palpable and tragic. His reactions to Bella's world was fun to see. Also, the tragedy of what he "lost" was well created.

i also appreciated how you carried over speech patterns and mannerisms into modern Edward that were reminiscent of his former self. You managed to make him more "antiquated" than canon and I loved that.

I got a little lost at times when you saved the punchline of a key moment for later chapter- i.e. the argument with his uncle, some later letters, etc. You show reactions to an important event without explaining the event that catalyzed it and it made the reactions harder to emphasize with.

i was wondering if he was going to continue the letters post 1918. that would have been an interesting twist to continue their relationship purely by letters for another few decades. I figured he would be climbing into her room to sneak letters into her desk.
Seygen Belial chapter 26 . 9/23
Yep, I just confirmed it. I banged Edward's friend's great grandson! Haha! It's a small world! :)
Seygen Belial chapter 25 . 9/23
Oh. My. GOD. I KNOW AN ALBERT WEIKEL THE THIRD FROM PENNSYLVANIA THAT'S IN THE MILITARY. I bet that's his grand father or great grand father. Wow. No way. Holy hell, it's a small mother frickin world.
Seygen Belial chapter 19 . 9/22
I went and checked on David. Looks like he's recovered well. 3
Seygen Belial chapter 18 . 9/22
Oh no... Here it goes.

MAN, you've really done your homework. Again, excellent.
Seygen Belial chapter 16 . 9/21
Given today's situation, Bella's warning gave me chills... Excellent writing. Absolutely excellent.
Seygen Belial chapter 13 . 9/21
I've steared clear of the reviews because I don't want any spoilers, but I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you haven't heard 1000 times when I say this but...

This story is absolutely wonderful. I can't put it down.
Seygen Belial chapter 6 . 9/17
Wow. I love how much research you've put into this. And how you use real old fashioned terms like "cross" for mad. You must be very proud of this story. I can't put it down!
Seygen Belial chapter 2 . 9/17
I know this is an old story, but I'm just now reading it for the first time. It was recommended to me by Marie S. Cullen. You most certainly have my attention.
JavaMasta chapter 50 . 9/17
This is the fourth time that I’ve read this story over the years, and it’s still one of my favourites. The way that you handled this chapter, offering closure and hope to Mic, couldn’t have been more perfect!
Kcdawn94 chapter 1 . 9/14
I'm about to start reading this story for the 5th time. It is one of my absolute favorite Twilight fanfiction.
4,896 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »