Reviews for Giving In
CKhybrid chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
I loved your writing style & pacing for this one shot. The story is tragic , but the way you tell it is beautiful. I love Sherry & I love Leon, but only now do I love them together.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
It was great I knew at the beginning it was going to end that way. You really captured Leon's inner termoil..though I wished Sherry would of been that savour to 'stop him'. It was still very well written, nice job!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
All i can interpret, is that leon left, or successfully attempted suicide. But emotional nontheless.
IronShounen chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
MY F***ING FEELS! Noooooo! D:
XOXOMilady chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Damn it. I'm sad now. I knew going in that I could end up sad, and I went in anyway. This is so good! I'm The part that stuck out the most to me was Leon's lines about his parents, especially about his mother. Sherry's gonna be messed up after this. If she wasn't already.
Jane Vakarian chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Me gusto mucho n.n
ALIASECHO chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Such a sad yet great story, stupendous job!
Baby-Ayatane chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Damn it, Leon.
Damn damn damn.

This was probably one of tge best RE fics I've read. You say no flames, please, but I after reading it I can only wonder at who would be weird enough to flame this.
The interaction between Leon and Sherry is sensual without being obnoxiously sexual. Your writing style flows smoothly, with the occasional well-placed one liner full of abruptness. I appreciate that so nuch, you have no idea.
But back to my earlier statement, about Leon and Sherry. I think that's one of the things I enjoyed the most about this piece. One of the other things I enjoyed was your characterization of Leon. I really celebrate Leon as a character, but one of the main reasons I rarely read Leon-centric fanfiction is because I'm extremely picky when it comes to my favorite characters. And most if the RE fics I read never seemed to really GET Leon, didn't really disect him and make them their own while style representing him. I think that you did this excellently, and only in a few thousand's words story. To me, that really says something about your writing ability.
I'm not going to lie, I prefer happy endings. But a happy ending wouldn't have felt right for this.
Wonderful work, thanks so so much for sharing.
terragrigia chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This was... whoa. The way you describe Leon's emotional turmoil is very haunting. Sometimes it's simple and then it moves onto such complexity... it's really beautiful. Sort of like a mist that lingers.

First off, the poem by Anne Sexton sets the tone very well. I mean, we already know this isn't going to be story with a happy ending (I much prefer complex tragic stories - I'm a sucker for angst).

From the very beginning it seems like Leon has quite a case of shell shock or PTSD. What could've especially happened to make him such a way, I wonder?

Your portrayal of the both Leon and Sherry - now that was most definitely different. I hadn't been expecting something like that but it fit so nicely. It was realistic. It was desperate. It was sad, but she tried to be there for him. Of course, I would never want my dear LSK to bite the bullet, but if he ever did this would be the way to do so.

This really is a gem. I'm in love with it. Hopefully you write another RE fic soon. :)
captain-tots chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
This is a really lovely, powerful piece. It's dark and tragic, but there's a clear reason behind the tragedy. The imagery is great.

"His father took his despair and swallowed it like a pill.

While Leon's gonna let his splatter all over the fucking floor."

Favorite line. It paints such a picture of despair and loneliness.

I love it. Fantastic work.
LapisLazuli100 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Oh wow... "I really need to check out that trailer, goodness!" Eventhough I thought it was heartbreaking, I loved your story. I love how you tap into these characters and breath life and new dimension into them. Reading your fanfics is like watching lost scenes from the videogames. Great job Saint. I love your story Saint, but it made me really sad at the same time. I sincerely pray this fate does not befall Leon and Chris. I love these men way too much ;-(
Ultimolu chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
...Wow. This was really, really good. I felt like I was there, seeing everything happen right in front of me. Excellent imagery and descriptions.
Maiafay chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Damn, makes me wonder what happened during RE6 to make Leon hit rock bottom like this. While this is dark, the descriptions are quite visceral and imaginative - nothing cliche that I could see. Engaging and realistic portrayals of both Leon and Sherry. I even like the references to Chris whom I think would give into this temptation before Leon - then again, I'm a little biased when it comes to Leon.

I don't like what happens here, but it's one of those bittersweet moments you almost understand. While I wish Sherry would have been sooner, there's also a chance that Leon might have found peace finally. There's another story here by Cjjs that details Raccoon city survivors committing suicide, and the high rate of which they succeed. This story reminds me of that.

I'll also commend on tight this is, no padding or scenes that don't need to be there. Very sleek. Nice work.

M