Reviews for Crucible
LittleMissUnknown chapter 9 . 5/17
DAMN THE BITTER SWEET ENDINGS THAT DONT GIVE ME CLOSURE.
IS HE GONNA FIND SHEP ?!
whyyyy ...
I loved this story BTW. I read it multiple times , not sure why it feels a little different this time . sighs... I miss Shep...
Credete chapter 9 . 1/14
I'm fairly late to the story here, and I'm not sure if you will ever read this, but your story was great. Bittersweet, and I definitely wanted more, either in chapters or a sequel, but it ended perfectly.

So I guess I'm just saying thanks. Thanks for writing and closing out your story when it seemed to get less attention than it deserved. Thanks for sharing your ideas and works.
LizzySalander chapter 9 . 7/6/2015
This. This is how it should have ended. Garrus flying off into space like a Lone Ranger, in search of Shepard.

And the choice she made - brilliant. I always wondered if the catalyst wasn't being controlled or influenced by harbinger.

Very, very well done. I love this story.
Mystic Rains chapter 9 . 6/16/2015
I'm a sucker for happy endings but this one fit so much better. Bittersweet and beautifully written. No rehashing the story. You made it all your own in a beautiful way and I wish I had more
Desiderada chapter 9 . 4/7/2015
Wow, just... Wow. Beautifully written.

You've perfectly captured the characters' voices. This is definitely a story readers will re-read a dozen of times over, each time finding some new detail that makes your Garrus and Shepard come to life even more. But to me, you have reset the bar for exceptional Shakarian writing quality.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, and complete this fic. Again, WOW.
Marie-Fanwriter chapter 9 . 2/4/2015
It took me much too long to finish this story but I loved every minute of it! Would love to see another update.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/27/2014
This is great. Best story I've read so far. I like your writing style, especially in Ch:8, when Shepard feels the grief in believing Garrus to be gone while still trying to end the war.

The last paragraph was epic. Although is that really the end? I can imagine a hundred happy endings for Shepard and Vakarian, but I'd rather your brilliant mind surprise us. Really hope you consider it, and thanks for making this amazing story.
SeasprayLuv chapter 9 . 11/19/2014
Sorry for this massive wall of text, but when I read your story there was no way I could leave without leaving a review behind. Let me start by saying that I blew through this story in a day, and it's fantastic. I've been enthralled from the first chapter all the way through, and honestly I wish i'd paced myself!
A lot of people like to make their Shepard a reflection of themselves, only highlighting their best traits. They make her too 'perfect' and forget the reason all of us loved her in the first place. She's human. I love the fact that you've managed to let her stand as her own person. You made her real again. You've allowed us to see her not only strong and defiant, but weak and vulnerable. She was never infallible, and sometimes people seem to try to forget that. As if that wasn't enough, that's only Shepard! Everyone was believable! It felt like you pulled them right out of the game! The icing on the cake for me was the fact that you've managed to write the most realistic Garrus i've ever had the pleasure of reading. Everything you've had him say or do was just so him. I guess that what I mean to say is that you've fleshed him out as his own person too, instead of dooming him to be some very powerful tool in Shep's arsenal (who just also so happens to be a character) You'd be surprised how many Garrus/Shepard fics leave him as a static, two dimensional character.
Everything from the character development, to the slow burn of their relationship was perfectly paced. The emotion in this story was palpable, and I've enjoyed struggling with them this far. You probably don't need me to tell you this, but you're an incredible author. I really do hope that you write more.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/12/2014
I've read and re-read and followed and loved this story for a long, long time. Thank you for coming back to it.
guest chapter 9 . 11/9/2014
is that the end or will there be more chapters?
Crystal Jaganshi chapter 9 . 11/9/2014
Garrus lives! It's interesting that the Citadel disappeared. Can't wait for the next chapter!
servantofclio chapter 9 . 11/9/2014
Oh man, Garrus' MOM. She's fantastic, and I love that the crew came to see him off on his quest. Gorgeous finish to this story!
Crystal Jaganshi chapter 8 . 11/9/2014
Noooo! They all died! I do love this revised ending with the Catalyst still leaving but with the Reapers killing each other. Is there going to be another chapter? I hope so because this fic is amazing!
servantofclio chapter 7 . 11/7/2014
Garrus is such a good space boyfriend. :) I really liked his scenes with Tali, too, but his love for Shepard and concern for her condition gets me every time; the hints of that throughout ME3 were what really sealed by affection for this pairing, and it's great to see things from his POV here.
servantofclio chapter 6 . 11/6/2014
I am so glad this story is back; you have such a distinctive Shepard, and I really enjoy the way you write the relationship between her and Garrus. Great conversations in this chapter!