|Reviews for The Girl with Red Hair|
| Blinded in a bolthole chapter 6 . 5/19/2012
1) Kinda reminds me of that younger bro of Gamakichi, though it seems Konbu's less lazy or dumb.
2) I donno what is this going at this point (I write review as I read, and usually don't return to fix it), but i's bad and from the looks of it Minato is as good as retired (But then again so is Sandaime Tsuchikage). Given how Minato's seal worked on Kyuubi in canon (and Kyuubi was still kicking major arse), I give 60% chance of him still being able to use his ninjutsu.
3) I comment you for not salving Hisui's problems with seals and giving an explaination on why not. Some authors like to use fuuinjutsu to salve ALL problems (relevant or otherwise).
4) I don't think having heavier than average bones is much of a hinderance if Hisui ever tries to be fast. Speed of a Ninja is more of a matter of chakra control and reflex, else Sandaime Raikage, that dreadnaught of a giant man, whose flesh was harder (and probably denser) than iron, could not be so fast.
Though I do hope someone else surpass Minato's speed. Mostly because I prefer Hisui to have his own style.
5) Now I remember this Idate... that genin dropout brother of Ibiki, kind of an unpleasnat fellow.
6) Speaking of familiar faces, what are you planing to do with Kabuto? With Orochimaru gone sooner than in canon, there's a chance that he would not encounter and thus report him to Danzou or set his eyes on him. And with Minato instead of Sandaime Danzou might not have that much of a free reign to do much.
7) It takes a great show of trust to allow suspects of coup and release of Kyuubi to be even around Hokage's son, and from the looks of it Fugaku needs lots of motivation to actually understand that.
8) In Canon, and based on what Itachi said, Shisui was (much like Itachi) from the ROOT, but I doubt Minato would allow anyone from Danzou's to be around him.
9) I blame Danzou! He is sooo blameable.
10) I don' think Uchiha clan actually HAS a formal style. With the power of their Sharingan they could easily find weaknesses of other people's taijutsu and react accordingly.
This however needs a speed and fast reflexes, so while lacking a formal style, they most likely had a basic form with focus on speed and dodging to make them ready for such time as they activated their doujutsu. The idea came from performance of Sasuke in VotE.
Also Uchiha clan was famous, and rather proud in their ninjutsu, so I think they had a style of Ninjutsu, or at least something to allow them to retreat and use their short-midrange fire jutsu.
11) On Wizards and Ninjas, I think there are several fields one can comapre their respective arts:
1: Scale: Ninjustu of rank c and above usually dwarf anything most wizards can make. One of the bigger spells of wizards, fyndfire is about as massive and destructive as a B-rank fire-release.
2: Utility: While i'm sure with time and effort one can recreate effect of house-hold spells with Ninjutsu, it does not really worth bother (both creating and using).
3: Quanitity: A fresh out of Hogwarts (as the most famous wizarding school in the series) Student knows possiblly a lot more spells than a venerable ninja might have seen in his entire life, and wizards are not really limited by affinity and as such.
In fact the only things that limits a wizard of a witch is their will and mentality to cast spells and their willingness to other and learn.
4: Juice: Ninjas, easily run out of juice while wizards can cast spells days on end (as Molly weasley does all the time) and don't even get tired.
In that I think they either use their wands magical connection, or have some kind of Natural Chakra (and considering their casual use of near-impossible-for-ninja spells (as silly as some of them are) I think that kinda fits).
To summerize it, wizards and witches would live a lazier life thanks to theri magic, and when it comes to battle they have lots of nasty little surprised in their sleeves, BUT unlike Ninjas they are predictable (almost all wizards have the same set of spells), and if they are caught, it's the end for them.
And unlike magic (which might be a form of chakra itself), anyone can use chakra to a degree (be it Lee who can only bloster his strength and speed and do water-walking, or the Sannin).
Great job. And I hope my rant was not much of a bother.
| Alasoi chapter 6 . 5/19/2012
The actual process of crossover was a bit forced.
But once you got into it, the story is actually quite interesting. I hope you continue it, but I won't get my hopes up.
Everyone abandons their stories, lol.
| TrenchcoatMan chapter 6 . 5/19/2012
Yay, new chapter, definitely a good one, even with a cliffy at the end. I really enjoyed it.
I gotta say tho, the way you keep translating names, really bugs me, why bother call it copy-wheel eye instead of keeping it Sharingan. Specially when you used Suiton: Hohanryu at the little omake at the end. They are names after all, not really meant to be translated.
Poor Harry, doesnt seem to be getting any further on his Chakra control, and now he has to deal with all the issues of being a Jinchurriki.
So, will we be seeing Kyuubi talking anytime soon, to Naruto or Harry, and will there be any timeskips soon to bring Naru and Sasuke to a slightly older age.
Also, I cant wait to see how you handle Shisui's death, or lack of with Harry and Minato around.
I cant think of who the gym teacher is, he immediately makes me think of Danzo, but im pretty sure it isnt him.
| KeiGinya chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
White hair and dense skeletal structure? ...Kimimaro? What's his clan name again ... Kaguya bloodline limit - or maybe just a lesser version (the genetic benefits Tsunade mentioned.
The ages are odd to me. Mostly between Itachi and Harry. Instead of a long litany of dates being spouted off (mostly since it's late and I hate typing on my smartphone), I'll just ask the age difference between the two of them and of their little brothers.
Personally can't stand the Hogwarts bits because of the discrepency of character... though I doubt what you wrote would pass muster when you actually get to writing that part (unless there's a drastic change in atmosphere within the intervening years) so I'm just taking them as non-'canon' omakes.
| redrobin chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
I hope they capture and torture whoever tried to assassinate naruto, how dare they attempt an assassination w/ Minato alive. Oh I hope Minato skewer them and Sarutobi is an idiot in revealing the S-class secret, it's S-class Baka. Anyway, was very excited and happy that you updated and wonderful chapter. Miss kushina and I hope that Hisui will be able to successfully water/tree-walk. Hope that the Uchiha's fate will be changed and who is Hisui's stalker and where does the Uchiha stand w/ Naruto? Can't wait for more so update soon.
| peppymint chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Love this. I also find myself fond of your little previews of Hari at Hogwarts.
| of Serendip chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Im so glad, Minato is alive. Although si angry that the third is si retarded and senile and the council group he called up to his office was so calm and nonchalant about their mistake regarding s rank secret leak
| Cattsith chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
This is a very well written and engrossing story. I look forward to following it :)
| Serendipital chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Just amazing. It's so dramatic, and I love the sneak peak at the end of the chapter.
| Salinia chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Really amazing story!
Can't wait to read more!
| Morbious20 chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Awesome chapter . I imagine the next chapter is going to contain quite a few dead bodies if someone is daring to attack Minato's son/Harry's little cousin. I believe the Uchiha clans hand to hand fighting style is call Interceptor Fist. Keep up the great writing .
| DoctorBlood chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Excellent Work. This is the only HP/Naruto Crossover that I have enjoyed reading. Question: if Harry now has the Shikotsumyaku bloodline, who is going to train him in its use?
| mabidiso chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Brilliant. Utterly brilliant. This is a real world your imagination has created and filled full to bursting with life and movement and emotion. You are doing incredible things with Alive Minato. It's not all rainbows and light. Sure, Hisui and Naruto have their most precious person, and more importantly, a father and protector, and Kakashi has his mentor and teacher and precious person, but there are also accompanying stresses and politics underlying the joy of having Minato with them still. It gives an incredibly complex feeling to the story. I LOVE all the strands you are weaving - it's colorful and dense and makes an amazing reading experience. Love your writing style and awesome imagination. Ooh, yeah, and have to mention that I found Harry's first encounter with Fugaku ominous and unforgettable. Excellent tension and build up. Don't know what it's leading to, but you have Harry depths and interest with these various reactions.
| Azulish chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Stayed up reading this from 10 pm to 1 am It's a really good book! I hope that you don't quit writing as it's really well written :) Hope you have a nice weekend!
| mfmxxx chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
Uzumaki arent tecnically a Konoha clan, their a prominent clan of Ushio. Good chapter.