Reviews for Smoke And Mirrors
Shawna chapter 3 . 4/28/2013
Beyond perfect! I loved every second of these stories. Thanks so much for writing them. I want more! sobbing it's not all real...or is it? lol ;)
Shawna chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Yay! Good riddins Sammy boy! :D - nice wrap up to that storyline.
Ro38 chapter 3 . 5/1/2012
Well finally Maddie and David are officially married! Its been a long time coming and this was so worth the wait! I'm so proud of you and this journey you took from your part one Home Again till now! This was funny, romantic, sweet and sexy just like Maddie and David! I love the whole father/son exchange with David Sr and Jr alot! Oh how i loved that you used real stuff from the show in regards to David sr giving David the Hockey shirt for Davey! Yes i so can picture our guy an avid hockey fan for sure! I enjoyed maddie and Stephanie,hard not to like her. I loved Ritchie and Agnes speeches, Loved the parts Alex and Virginia have in this story and i so loved maddie and Davids exchanges during the ceremony about her realising she wants to be an Addsion and wants david tp reask her to marry him. Probably one of my fave scenes. Poor David was so nervous. The reception and ease of them talking together while dancing was wonderful and that they keep their flirty ,bantery selves is so important and you got that down well. The end of course was perfect how they got to steal away for a delight night in a hotel! SWOON! Love at the end how they call each other Addison! Just as it should be! Also the thank you for me in the credits truly touched my heart! i am so glad you reached out and cared to ask me for my help,ideas and opinions. I am so happy KISMET brought us together my sister! heres to many more stories from you and PIC too!
atlasmoon chapter 3 . 4/23/2012
I have to say that the title accurately depicts my response to this lovely piece: I laughed, I cried, well...more than a little. I thought the disruptive "hiccup" during the ceremony was classic and totally in character, especially the way David was scrambling and racking his brain to solve the case of "What NOW, Maddie?" I was more than ever on the edge of my seat, thinking, is this EVER going to happen? I love the way she kept reeling him in, giving him little clues: "Well, it's not about THAT..." My eyes were wide with amusement, and I had an Addison-style smirk on my face.

I actually did a double take the first time David was referred to as Maddie's husband: "Wait...who?" And then I was right along with David when he marvelled at how it felt to call Maddie his wife. So weird! But it's a good weird of course. I think it will take some getting used to-for them AND us.

Well done, schatz. Such a special piece...thanks for pouring all your blood, sweat and tears into it. You got 'er done! Bravo!
Bluemoongirl27 chapter 3 . 4/23/2012
A lovely ending for a lovely story of our favorite couple. This is how the 4th or 5th season should have ended. Your stories prove that they could be a couple and not lose their edge. When Glenn left he took it with him. I would love to see you write a honeymoon for them. I hope you keep writing. I love your stories and you write Maddie and Dave so well.
kitty chapter 3 . 4/23/2012
Please don't make this your last! I love your writing and read it over and over. Home Again is my absolute favourite but I love them all :-)
Bluemoon Stranger chapter 3 . 4/22/2012
Bravo! They finally tied the knot! I love the way she decides to take his name and the way they call each other Addison at the end. I enjoyed reading about the wedding and I loved the speeches by Richie and Agnes...I also was happy that Mr. Hayes was finally convinced that David was the perfect man for Maddie. Great job! Wish it would have really ended this way!
Ro38 chapter 2 . 4/5/2012
Oh i absolutely love the title of this chapter! double meaning for sure! I loved the whole meet the parents thing! David was as usual very in character in his feeling for his family meeting hers its very believable! and i agree with how thye all handled meeting ! both families would get along! Love that M&D never lose that sexy playfulness with each other or that fact they can get annoyed with each other too still. Loved the interaction with Ritchie and David ! Ritchie is so spot on! Definitely feel like a real show im reading but watching in my mind!

Ok loved this:

'Let me say that we liked David already right from the beginning, when we first met him!' She turned to her husband. 'Isn't that right, darling?'

Alex cleared his throat. 'Well... uhm... yes.'

Maddie could see that David was shifting uneasily on his seat. 'Well, I didn't,' she interjected quickly and as dryly as if there had been some tense vibes in the air, they dissolved in the laughter that followed and that all shared. David threw her a thankful look with a smile in the corners of his green eyes only she could understand. She winked at him and added: 'Obviously, I've changed my mind.' They laughed again.

And the scene at end was jsut perfect! Next up the wedding OMG finally M&D are really getting married! YAY! great job as usla sissy! loved being a aprt of it as alwasy watching it come to life!
Bluemoon Stranger chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
I love how nervous David was before the dinner. He is always the cutest when he is vulnerable. I also love the way Maddie reassures him everything will be fine...the loving wife.

Not for the first time she thought: what an excellent pick you made Maddie, and gladly took his hand. Love this thought from Virginia...

I just think the family dynamics and David's insecurities were dead on. Great job!
Goldilocks85 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
So, there is no fun without Sam huh? He made the whole chapter so exciting, I enjoyed the intrigue. I am glad he's gone, but I am also glad he was there. Great story!

p.s. a special 'thank you' to Nancy too who found time to edit it! xx
Ro38 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Well i'm so happy to read this in full and in order LOL ive read all these scenes again as they were being written and well out of order too and loved them then and love them now Sam being back was a great wrench to throw in the story! He certainly would act that way and i loved how even though David has the girl he still has that little bit of worry inside he could lose her! Loved the scene with Ritchie! so in character that boy! He sure is the best man david knows! LOLL Loved the scene at the end ! so sweet and romantic! Fave lines: She pulled back a few inches, so she could look directly into his green eyes. 'You know,' she said, 'I was never so fond of Luke Skywalker... I found him boring.' HEHE

David's hands rested possessively on Maddie's waist. 'You did?'

'I did.' she winked at him. 'I was always more the Han Solo kind of girl.'
Partners-in-Crime Int chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
I think this is such a great idea for a fanfic! Re-introducing Sam shows him up for what he really is. Some really poignant moments here... I know I held my breath when I realised we had an invasion from Mars again :-). Great, tender moments between Maddie and David too... can't wait for the next bit... and I know where this is going! Great stuff... and we all know how long it takes to write these episodes but so worth it!
Bluemoon Stranger chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Love it! Love how Maddie gave Sam what he deserved...a kick in the butt! I love the way she stuck up for David...good job. Can't wait for next chapter!