Reviews for Nutrisco et extinguo
p.c88 chapter 53 . 3/24
Finally got to the end of your story! It was really beautiful, and I um just had to sneak reading it at work hahaha. I couldn't wait to see what happened next! Well done on the plot!

I loved your character portrayal very much - your Molly was badass despite having very few chapters to herself, and Irene Adler was especially well written. Everything she said, I could hear in my mind in her voice!

I also find it great that you were able to introduce OCs but still keep the story's focus on the main characters. Granted, your Mary was sort of an OC, but I understand she's important to John's character development and is technically canon so I can accept her somewhat haha. Seb was mostly OC, but he did remind me so much of a Moriarty in some scenes that I can't help but feel you captured his 'mimicking' quite solidly.

If I had any complaint, it's that I sometimes find it a bit tedious to read one scene in one person's POV and getting to the next chapter, only to have to read the same scene again in a 2nd person's POV. However, I do think this style of writing is very suitable for this angsty feely type of story, as it makes the character's thoughts resonate with readers. You also paced and alternated the character POVs far apart enough that I never did get bored reading chapter after chapter. Reading the same character for two chapters in a row might be a bit much, so I'm glad you chose not to do one character twice in a row :)

Oh! I did have a bit of trouble getting past the whole John/Mary bit, but I think that was the Johnlock fan in me ;)

Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm looking forward to reading more :)
p.c88 chapter 13 . 3/17
Oh good Lord, this was the most awfully heart wrenching chapter so far - it's had me sobbing into a handkerchief before it was even halfway done.

You have an incredible talent in writing angst. I can't wait to read the other chapters! Thank you for sharing!
DeathKnight KiraKira chapter 53 . 2/17
That was absolutely, no joke, the best fanfiction I've read thus far. It was exciting and never ceased to surprise me- even at the very end. The story, as a whole, was full of suspense and... I do t even know where I'm going with this. (Sorry... Rambling) It was amazing!
No-Life-MUST-READ chapter 1 . 1/29
amazing!
GreenEyes chapter 53 . 1/15
Hi to you! I just wanted to thank you for the beautiful story you gave us ! Very well constructed second characters , great plot and a lot of emotions . Good cipher by the way, I finally found the keyword after 4 times (cute by the way). Goodbye and fare well, I'm going to check your other stories o Oh and I already loved Ingrid Michaelson , great to see you re making other people discover her!
Guest chapter 53 . 12/7/2013
Great story. Kudos on making Mary a truly interesting character rather than a simplistic boring replacement wife as many other fics have done.
lisa.ryanz1oh1 chapter 53 . 11/25/2013
Took me 7 hours to read it. Once i started I was well and truly hooked. Its been an amazing ride and your writing style is gripping. Although around chapter 21 I was itching to get my hands around Moriarty's disembodied neck, Sherlock's spiral into madness was well played out. It has been an honour to read this story. Not quite a fairy tale, but then at least you gave them a sort of 'happy ever after'. Will be returning to read this one again after its settled.

But do tell what that last cipher is. What last message does John leave for Sherlock?
jbug chapter 53 . 11/10/2013
I loved your story and, to quote John Watson, "That was amazing! " Keep up the great work!
The Puzzler of Riddles chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
I just spent an hour trying to find a half-way decent fic. Most of them were stilted, overly cliched, or just plain bad. I clicked on this one and it looks awesome! I don't usually review first chapters on ficts, I'm just so excited to have found one that can "suck me in"!
Walabean chapter 53 . 10/27/2013
Dear God I can't believe I read this in two nights, especially when I'm in the middle of writing my final year dissertation...you have an utterly addictive writing style...just, thank you
Heredhether chapter 53 . 10/2/2013
Thank you for this amazing story; I've spend 10 unforgettable days (or rather nights) with it. Thanks for a lot of nice songs I've discovered in it, for the chance to refresh my knowledge of Latin, and for the story so great and touching that I don't want another season of Sherlock after reading it, because it can never be this perfect. The emotions and psychology are so flawlessly depicted that I've felt like I actually spent 3 long years with real people – and there was something in every character that made me fall in love with them. Your Sebastian Moran is the most interesting character I've encountered in a very long time. Sherlock's mission – that was one hell of a ride! But still absolutely believable, as well as John's hard dealing with the loss of Sherlock (in life situations like this one really feels and does weird things, and the world is changed for them forever, and it was this genuineness that I liked a lot). And when I was reading about that beautiful happy end of theirs I actually felt like fall in love – what an unprecedented thing! So thanks for all the emotions, adventure, food for thought and very positive artistic experience in general. Greetings from the Czech Republic!
Asher chapter 53 . 9/26/2013
Oh. My. God. By far, the best fanfiction I've ever read. Of any genre. The effort and time you put into this story blows me away. I wish every fanfiction author put this much effort into their stories. Outstanding work. I'm actually going to look at your other stories right now.
MarienSully chapter 53 . 9/23/2013
I don't know how often you have heard it up to now but this entire story is fabulous. I agree with some other reviewers who suggest stepping back for a time before doing a rewrite. Maybe you can get enough people involved to try and have a beta for each chapter. I'd offer but I still haven't found the time to finish my own story. Working on it. I have to ask about the cipher because I have tried several code-breaker programs (I've never worked with ciphers before) and still have no idea what it is. Would you share via PM? I will be waiting for the final edit on this one in the future so I can revisit my new friends. I love your version of Mary, it makes Johnlock work without throwing off cannon too much.
Fiona chapter 53 . 9/20/2013
Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I am so sad this story is over. I have been reading it for so long now and the reason I keep putting off reading g this last chapter was because I couldn't bear knowing there was nothing more. God it was just so good. Your characters so spot on inmost things and the relationships were actually believable, where in a lot of fics they aren't. God this was just so good I loved it so much thank for this I'm going to miss it so much
Fiona chapter 52 . 9/15/2013
I loved this chapter. Loved loved loved it. Like it was infuriating how awkward and hesitant they both are but I think you totally pinpointed exactly how sherlock and John would be if they ever did try to have a more than platonic relationship. God this was just so good I swear I'm in love with this story