Reviews for Hope from the Darkness
I love this story! I just started reading it a few days ago, but it's been a while since I've been this interested in a story. I'm only on ch. 18 but I love the fact that its primarily Tristan's point of view. Frankly, I've read my fair share of kaidan and shepard fanfics and its refreshing to have a story focusing more on this awesome character you created! I mean, even the game itself is focused on shep's point of view so seeing a new character moving through the world of mass effect while still staying somewhat close to the game and the characters we know and love is awesome. The only thing I want to see more of is romance between James and Tristan, this could be I'm a girl and I love that stuff so feel free to ignore me because I still love this story! You are an amazing writer and Tristan and her character development and journey are awesome! Keep up the good work!
KaeliRed chapter 21 . 1/3
So great to read a new chapter for this story. Great chapter as always, absolutely loved James in this chapter it totally fit with my idea of him. Can't wait to read the next one - especially if there's more James :)
Mistress of Kickassery chapter 20 . 11/18/2013
This story is awesome and Trista is boss... nuff said.
Guest chapter 20 . 10/14/2013
I know the story us from Tristan's point of view, i just meant that the other characters aren't expanded on very much. I hope it hadn't come
across as mean before and if ut did I'm sorry. I'd suggest showing other characters point of view every so often but that's just me.
Thanks for the explanation about squad choices too, 'cause it was confusing me as well.
Crosses fingers for next update to be soon :)
Guest chapter 20 . 10/14/2013
For the B7 designation being for soldier class only, it says it in one of the original art books and labels Ashley as B7. The codex is where it states that only N7 can be worn on all uniforms and combat gear.
KaeliRed chapter 19 . 10/10/2013
Just stumbled across your lovely story! It's fantastic. I really like your OC. I can't wait to read the next chapter!
I Agree chapter 19 . 7/22/2013
This does seem like it is becoming a Tristan fic. There needs to be a little more Kaidan and Shepard and a little less Tristan. It's a good story too, it just seems as if the entire thing is about Trisan because she's involved in EVERYTHING.
Guest chapter 19 . 7/19/2013
Just so you know B7 is for soldier class and only N7 can be worn on anything. This fic was interesting at the start but now it seems like a Tristan takes over Shepard's role fic.
AzureVirgo chapter 18 . 5/1/2013
Two thumbs up. Excellent job. There were a few errors along the way, but not enough to change the tone.
I am loving this story, I may have said that before but oh well. I can't even replay ME3 without wondering were Tristan is.
I don't like the councilors not one bit, bunch of ungrateful twits. For real, how are you going to be smug and interrogate someone who just saved you. Tris took it far better than I would have. Loved how you explained the history between Kai Lang and Tristan. Poor Alenko, so dense.
Looking forward to next update, whenever it comes.
AzureVirgo chapter 17 . 3/23/2013
Tristan, will you pull the trigger! Nobody likes Udina and no one will mourn his death.
Excellent new chapter. Digging the suit you picked out for Tristan, is she going to keep the sword too? She wanted to do more spy stuff, and she got it. Kai Lang, Kai Lang I hate him with a passion. Unless it's something you have in the works, what are the chances of a story about why Tristan hates Cerberus and her encounters with Kai Lang.
Can't wait to see what you got next.
Ms Sticha chapter 17 . 3/22/2013
Am I reading the right? Thane survives?! Please tell me you let him live, and I will love you forever!
Ms Sticha chapter 16 . 3/15/2013
Ohhhhh... I can't wait to see where this Cerberus thing goes! I will continue to encourage you as needed, just so I can get my fix of this story. :)
AzureVirgo chapter 16 . 3/14/2013
Before I start my review, I want to say thank you for dedicating the chapter to me.

Excellent job once again. I loved the pacing and the moment you gave everyone to breathe in light of what happened. I really thought that Tristan was going to give Allers a nibble for a minute, but then again her agreement is with Shep so oh well. I don't think that it's Shep's fault that Tristan is getting lax and falling into a comfort zone. Was the Cerberus omni-tool set to auto destroy something you added for the story or was it something used in the game? Everyone gets a Black Ops upgrade, nice. But wouldn't Shep already have top of the line stuff because of her Spectre status? I wonder what Tristan's new hardsuit look like and what new features besides I assume cloaking and the ability to hack sentry guns and cameras.

Anxiously awaiting the next installment.
AzureVirgo chapter 15 . 3/9/2013
Excellent job. Great idea to have Tristan record the fight for moral support. Just about openly cried again when Mordin died. Will you include some more of the side missions and the other recently released dlc before going to Thessia?
Ms Sticha chapter 15 . 3/9/2013
Wonderful job, as always. I love the banter between Tristan and James, and eagerly look forward to the next chapter!