Reviews for Harry Daniels and the Order of Shadows Bk 2
bigfan22 chapter 9 . 7/14/2014
Another excellent fic to this series. I'm def enjoying the way Harry is handling the various situations from cannon. Plus...while Lily and James don't really deserve anything after the way they treated Harry, I have to say I like the way you've managed to make him friendly with Lily. She will never become his mother again, but you've managed to show how much she regrets what she did. Since she's willing to follow Harry's requests, it seems he's willing to at least become friends with her. Great job...I look forward to the next part.
Alie-yaoi chapter 9 . 7/6/2014
I like
harrynginnyinatree chapter 6 . 6/14/2014
Just so you know, you did the 'Bludger in the Quidditch game' bit in the first story too. Quirrel sent it and Harry broke the stand that he and Snape were sitting in. You had Cormac McLaggan as Seeker, so i would guess that Chris was Chaser, even though he supposedly just started Quidditch this year as Seeker. I think that later in the first story you contradict yourself and say that Chris isn't on the Quittich team yet, but I'm not sure.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 6/7/2014
Excellent story, once again. I'm really enjoying this series. Are you planning to cover all seven years, or will Harry complete his business in fewer? I notice you haven't written - or at least haven't published - anything in nearly two years. I'll be starting book three later tonight. I'm curious to see how you will cover that year, since Remus and Sirius have not been MIA and James and Lily are alive. I can only assume it will deal with Peter somehow.

Again, thanks for a good read, and please hurry with the next installment ... if there is one. :)
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 6/7/2014
ParselTONGUE is the language; a speaker is called a ParselMOUTH. (Sorry to nitpick.)

Now that the Basilisk is dead and gone, is the person with the Diary doing the petrifying? When Chris goes into the Chamber, will he fight the illusion and claim the glory?

I wonder what Ron thought when Harry referenced Charlie and sent Hagrid off to him. Charlie obviously knows Harry as Alex. Is Charlie part of the Shadow Walkers?

It almost seemed as though Ron and Neville might have thought Chris was ungrateful ... and maybe a little stupid. Is there hope for them, after all?
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 6/7/2014
A Beauxbatons student! I wonder if Harry will be seeing him when the Tri-Wizard Tournament comes to Hogwarts.

Uh-oh. It looks as if the Chamber is about to get a couple of visitors. I wonder if Harry will find Slytherin's other journal there. Also, what will Riddle do when he discovers Harry is claiming to be the Heir? Also, will Fawkes be there to help with Harry so set against Dumbledore?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 6/7/2014
After the private "soliloquy" Harry heard in Dumbledore's office, he certainly has plenty of ammo against Dumbledore, should he need to use it. I'm surprised Harry hasn't connected the dots to Ginny yet. He needs to remember who besides Lucius was present when he first felt that evil magic - perhaps go back and reexamine the memory to see that "Lucy" dumped something into Ginny's cauldron. He already knows the evil magic is in Gryffindor tower.

I think Harry has flummoxed DD, the Blacks, and the Potters with his explanation of his and Chris's Parselmouth abilities.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 6/7/2014
It is unusual for two young kids such as Harry and Hermione to be as advanced as they are. However, both are incredibly intelligent, and Harry has the benefit of having been "fostered" and trained by the most intelligent Wizards and other magicals in the world. He has not been taught to worship Dumbledore as most of the other "non dark" British children have been. On the contrary, at the tender age of six, Harry learned exactly what Dumbledore was. I would imagine he has given the man intense scrutiny since that night. Voracious reader that he is, I'd wager he knows far more about Dumbledore than most (any?) adults in DD's life.

Harry is perceptive, and he is completely in tune with his magic. Remember that he has been controlling it since he was in his crib! He observes everything and everyone around him, so he picks up things others do not see. His magic, I think, recognized almost instantly that Hermione was gifted and powerful. Almost from the moment they met, he began pouring everything he knows into her ... Literally. If we accept the Harry and Hermione you have given us from the beginning - and that is the "contract" we make when we read a fiction (called "willing suspension of disbelief") - I don't think it's that far-fetched that they have been able to do what they have done. And remember ... Hogwarts herself is now responding to and probably "coaching" both Harry and Hermione. JM2K
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 6/7/2014
Regarding your A/N ... I think you were spot on in your intended portrayal of Snape. He is incredibly arrogant, and does he ever have anger issues! I'm guessing Harry is about to have Hogwarts deliver some "justice" to the grinchy professor.

Has DumDum even noticed yet that the castle's loyalties have changed?
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 6/7/2014
James and Lily are dense. If they would only stop and think ... Who was it that suggested giving Harry's magic to Chris and sending Harry to an orphanage in the first place? DUMBLEDORE! Who is it that apparently never bothered to check Harry's scar for traces of dark magic, even after five years? DUMBLEDORE! Who told James not to claim the Gryffindor title? DUMBLEDORE! I wonder why? Surely that headship would have provided extra protection to him and Lily as well as the kids. Why wouldn't Dumbledore want them to have that? Because it would give them a certain amount of control over Hogwarts. It seems to me that a Dumbledore's at the root of much of their troubles. Yet they go running to him with this. *sigh*

That reminds me ... if Harry is the heir if Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Hermione is the heir of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, don't the two of them own or CONTROL Hogwarts? Why don't they start making some changes? For starters, give Snape and Dumbledore the boot, along with Binns. Okay ... I just saw that Harry does realize this.

Whoa! Hogwarts finally talked to Harry and Hermione! This means DumDum no longer controls Hogwarts, right? That ought to cause one giant conniption! Snape's reaction should be equally interesting.

I'm glad Harry has taken up protecting Luna and Ginny.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 6/7/2014
Dumbledore really is an interfering, meddling, evil old goat. I hope he tries Legilimancy on Harry and gets a taste of what happened to Snape. That ought to set him up just fine.

I'm glad Hermione has realized ahead of time that Lockhart is a fraud. It will be interesting to see if there is a Weasley-Malfoy confrontation this year. I wonder if it will be Ginny or someone else who gets tapped to open the Chamber of Secrets.

Hey! Luna comes to Hogwarts this year. I can't wait to see her first interactions with Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Aha! So Augusta opposed Dumbledore. I'm impressed. Perhaps Harry should try and build a "bridge" there. She is an important figure on the Wizengamot and the school board.

I'll be curious to find out how Harry plans to deal with potions this year. He should hire his own tutor - either a Goblin master or one recommended by Shadow. Or, if he can pass his OWLs and NEWTs ... he should take 'em! Hermione, as well.
Blitzstrahl chapter 9 . 6/3/2014
So James, Sirius, and Frank never did anything with the hint about Malfoy's hidden room Harry gave them at the start of book 2?
Blitzstrahl chapter 8 . 6/3/2014
Stipulations for vaults or not it's still the core law, that your in school till you sit your OWLS, NEWTS are optional.
avatar junkman chapter 9 . 6/2/2014
I can't wait for fifth year with umbridge
201 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »