Reviews for Poetic Arda
mrspencil chapter 2 . 12/6/2014
I really liked this...rhythm and rhyme really drives the verses on:-)
softballgirl chapter 26 . 9/28/2012
These are brilliant! I'm surprised there aren't more rewiews. I love that you use many forms of poetry. Well done.
lindahoyland chapter 26 . 9/27/2012
I loved this!
Ragnelle chapter 26 . 9/27/2012
A very nice tribute.

I was uncertain about the rhythm you use here. The first stanzas flow well, though I keep wanting to give stress to odd syllables, but especially the last was a bit more halting. I am not sure if you aimed for a specific rhythm-sceme, but it is close enough that I feel the difference.
Deleted11152015 chapter 25 . 9/26/2012
Hilarious!
Get ready for The Hobbit- this december!
lindahoyland chapter 25 . 9/26/2012
LOL so very true!
Ragnelle chapter 25 . 9/25/2012
I've been neglecting these, sorry about that.

You do poetry very well, it is a pleasure to read them, and this hobbit-limerick nailed it pretty well.
lindahoyland chapter 24 . 6/14/2012
This is lovely.
Ragnelle chapter 24 . 6/14/2012
I am not sure if I have commented on this elsewhere, but I found this poem both touching, and very inspiring. I want to sing it, which I think is a good thing for a lullaby.

I might just send you another recoding one day, if you will permit ;)
Linda Hoyland chapter 23 . 6/6/2012
very enjoyable!
Linda Hoyland chapter 22 . 5/31/2012
This is a moving look at poor Halbarad's doom.
lindahoyland chapter 21 . 5/19/2012
This is just lovely.
Erwen Brogiel chapter 13 . 4/18/2012
This is really nice; I think the form you chose is very well suited to the subject. And of course I like the one about Alqualondë as well, because, you know, sonnets.

Since it worked last time: Anything alliterative is always appreciated!
Ocean's Nocturne of the COCA chapter 13 . 4/16/2012
This format is amazing! It's perfect for the theme of Mandos/death: very cyclical and sounding quite cryptic. :) I love it!

~emyx
Erwen Brogiel chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I like these. You should definitely keep experimenting with different poetic forms. I'm impressed by the acrostic one, because those almost always come across as sort of childish to me, but this one didn't. Might have been the nice rhyming scheme. And of course this first chapter is just lovely. I'm such a sucker for sonnets. Any chance of a non-Shakespearean one?
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »