Reviews for Bitter Truth
Kelly chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
I'm sooo sad
Labyrinth01 chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Wow, what a powerful story, and so well-written. Great insight to the Slayer legend.
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Dark, frightening and realistic. Very well done.
Blackdex chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
hm, makes you think. ciao
Tom Robinson chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Disturbing and yet refreshing to see the Watchers Council as having reasons for what they are doing even if they are are not very good.

Very well written.
K-Marie-M chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
This is good. You should write the next chapter as an epiloge and let us know what happened.
DragonKatGal chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
Holy smoke...dark, well written, brilliantly thought out. Marvelous.

Paladin Steelbreaker chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Hi there!

I normally don't like it when there is a bad ending. At least not a pitch black one. But I have to admit that this is one of the better short Buffy fics I have ever read.

Still, I wish you would consider continuing this, and making Buffy find a way to stop the breakdown of her body.

One thing you could think about, was that When Buffy jumped through Glory's portal, her body were totaly incinerated. Thus comes, Willow did not just bring her back, she repaired all damage to her body. so I doubt Buffy's body would start break down so soon after the fact. In effect, she has a new body. At least that's my little pet theory.

Still, looking away from that, your story shows marvelous insight in the characters behavior, and the Buffyverse at large. Allthough much darker and cynical than I would like, you give a disturbingly realistic description of The council, The Watchers and the Slayers.

Good work!

Best of wishes from Norway

Paladin Steelbreaker
Ohwhyme chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Great Story! I loved the insight behind the cold hearted bastard facade of Quentin. Also your break down of a slayers body due to her powers is very beliveable.
fastpilot chapter 1 . 6/25/2002
Well, now that I can review this, I will.

Ye gods, ye flippin gods. Prozac much?

Then share! I need it after reading this. Put the wind up my back, I'll tell you. Buffy'd better get cracking on acquiring some immortality, 'cause this is just nasty depressing.

Hah! I bet she gives them four months. I'll bet she finds a way out of it. I hope we see something else from you jA-kL, because this is good. It feels real. And as other reviewers have mentioned, it explains much.

Thank you. BTW, I emailed you.
Just George chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
Some of my favorite fanfics are the ones that embrace the details of the BTVS cannon completely, but also turn the show's story on its head. This story does both magnificently. Embracing the cannon shows respect for the show, the viewers, and they story that has been told for the last 6 years. This story does that and:

* Finally gives a reason for the Cruciamentum that makes sense.

* Finally gives a reason for the Councils lack of support for Giles.

* Finally gives a reason for Buffy's change in fighting style (caused by a change in the stunt double on the show, but well explained in-story here.)

* Finally reveals the conspiracy of the Council of Watchers (and its different than any of the ones I'd considered.)

Thank you for a mind opening story.
liliaeth chapter 1 . 5/24/2002
intensely sad, but extremely good
Kaija chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
WOW. That was really good writing! I wish I could write that good! Awsome job!
beenieweenie chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
Oh my God! If they really have that happen I will get so angry. The idea of her own body killing Buffy...That's so horrible. It's extremely original, but really horrible too. What a sad story...
Hecatemoon chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
wow! very intense! I like it and I can't wait to see where you go with this!