Reviews for Solace in Shadows
SmoulderS chapter 25 . 8/30
I really like how you characterized Dumbledore in this chapter. Since Riddle gets an intelligence upgrade, it's only fair and makes for a better story that Dumbledore is similarly on top of things.
MarieLen chapter 66 . 8/21
This story is everything I love! It's so amazing! I have really enjoyed reading it!
SmoulderS chapter 66 . 8/18
Harry's in for it now . . . didn't Riddle kill Hedwig immediately after Harry attempted to kill himself? I don't think Harry's going to like Riddle's reaction to attempting to kill him, that's much worse . . .
SmoulderS chapter 50 . 8/17
Okay, this one was pretty intense! I think these creepy threatening conversations are still my favorite part of this fic.
SmoulderS chapter 48 . 8/17
I like how you had Draco and Harry kind of bond over Riddle. I mean, both of them are afraid of him to a greater or lesser degree, but that's not all. Harry kind of likes Riddle, and feels guilty about it. Draco doesn't like Riddle as much as he should . . . and feels kind of guilty and confused about it. They've come from opposite starting points to pretty much the same place,and I really like the way you pulled their relationship off.
SmoulderS chapter 47 . 8/17
Okay, so now I like where you are taking Hermione even more. The 'academic debate' part with Tom was excellent in of itself, and besides that, gives her a little more common ground with Harry, I think. Well done!
SmoulderS chapter 39 . 8/17
Now the twins are getting involved, and Lupin. Tom is like a spider, trying to draw all of the best flies towards him. It's creepy.
SmoulderS chapter 17 . 8/16
Another excellent chapter! I really really liked the interaction between Harry and Draco in this one, and the part where Harry's smile resembled Tom's was pretty creepy, if realistic. Spending a lot of time with people definitely causes their mannerisms to rub off on you.
SmoulderS chapter 15 . 8/16
wow, this one was pretty intense! I like it
SmoulderS chapter 12 . 8/16
Hah, Lucius totally deserves this. He should have given his 16 year old lord more credit, and I mean in canon also. If you think about his plan to discredit Arthur, he was assuming that Tom, as Ginny would be caught and blamed. He expected him to attack muggleborns and help Lucius's agenda, rather than advance his own, and try to come back to life. I always love it when a story makes me notice something else about the original books like that, so thank you. It's been a while, since after you've read enough fanfiction, it's hard to find something new.
SmoulderS chapter 8 . 8/16
Just as I thought that you had established a nice pattern, things change again. Sirius is in it now? yay! I love that he believes in Harry, but would be willing to help him regardless. And now Riddle has figured out that they are both horcruxes . . . can't wait to see what happens next!
SmoulderS chapter 5 . 8/16
Oooh, this is so good! Your Riddle is perfect, and I like the conversational focus of your writing.
SmoulderS chapter 3 . 8/16
Very well done! This is so dark, but also funny. I love it.
SmoulderS chapter 1 . 8/16
This is an amazing story! I totally agree, that Tom was stupid in canon, and that everything turning out alright for Harry was a ridiculous series of lucky coincidences. I mean, yeah, he's 16, but that's no excuse for acting like a bond villain.
Cookies chapter 66 . 8/14