Reviews for Just The Way It Is
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?! MPRGAN LE FAY WAS WITH BLUEBEARD?!AND WHAT HAPPEND TO BEING THE BLUE FARY?!
Agent Darcy Lewis chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
I love mordrid, he is by far my favorite character in the whole book! He is a total mamas boy and a sweetheart. 3 hes also a cutie
Sarcastic Freaks chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
YES! CUPCAKE! Woo!

I like this. It's origanal, and well-written.

:D

-Kat.
oah ehm ghee chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
good job!
ANannyMouse chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Why, hello there Cat! I found your new story! (It took a while, though.)

First off, a teensy little detail. Scarlet has one T. So, it's not 'Scarlett Hand', it's 'Scarlet Hand'. I've seen a few people do that, and it might be partially due to the fact that there are a couple OC's name Scarlett. So it's not really a big deal, but just thought you should know. :)

Um, I don't know the history of Morgan (I know, I know, I really need to learn it), but she IS an Everafter so I'm guessing that in the time period that she actually went to school they didn't have school bells... or even school... Haha, it's just a thought. :)

Yeah, so I was planning on doing this uber long review to make up for it taking so long, but the page that had the review open on it has been open for like, a week already, so I'm gonna just make it short and sweet. Well, hopefully sweet. ;)

Some things that stood out to me: In the beginning especially, you kind of made Morgan a tomboy. In the books she is NOTHING like a tomboy. She's the girl equivalent of a ladies man. So... Yeah, I don't think it's some skill that she just randomly acquired.

Some of the sentences were needlessly long... And filled with excess words. And I do that all the time, too, so it's not like I'm pointing fingers or anything.

OH! So after reading about the body parts strewn across the room with the head rolling around by the body, I had this really freaky dream. It was where all the Christians in my town were forced into this room by some anti-Christian people, and they bad guys were cutting off everyone's heads. Like this little boy (probably around 4 years old) told a guard about this picture he drew of a zombie that married an alien and they lived happily ever after. Then the guard asked the 'audience' if the little boy was serious and if there ever was a zombie that married an alien. Then my dad stood up and was like, 'No! Of course not! He's just a little boy who God blessed with a wonderful imagination!'. Then the guard was like, 'Sounds like a weak excuse to me. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!' and they cut this 4 year old's head off. IT WAS AWFUL!

What was the point of telling you that again? Oh yeah. Bluebeard. So I hope you know what you're capable of doing to my subconscious mind. But it's not that it was a bad story! I liked the story, and it was written very well, but it was just so CREEPY! D:

Yes. I realize that I just took up half the review telling you about my dream. Deal with it! ;) Just kidding. Good job on the story. I enjoy reading your stuff, you guys. :D
Curlscat chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
You appear to have forgotten something: Morgan Le Faye (spelling it that way because it's a stylistic thing and I like it better 'cause in my fic there's Fay the fairyland and Faye the last name) was the sister of King Arthur (or just lover in some stories. Sometimes both), and was an adult, so your backstory for her and Bluebeard, while nice, does not make sense. She would be all grown up and on her own by the time she met Bluebeard, and she wouldn't GO to school 'cause she's an all-powerful enchantress who was born before they HAD schools. Also Bluebeard was probably a couple hundred years younger than she was.

Two writing style things I have a bone to pick about: 1) you do this thing where it's like the character is talking to the reader, which can work sometimes but I don't usually like. 2) De-wordy-ize. You and Red both write long and need to edit down to the quick of things so that your sentences are shorter, because the length/sheer amount of words interferes with meaning and readability.

Nice job overall, though I think Bluebeard could use some more motive.
archerway-a chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Well, Imma reviewin'

Bluebeard and Morgan? Maybe it could happen but it's quite an unusual pairing. But the story made it seem nice enough.

And isn't it Le Fay not La Fay? I'm just wondering.

It was a really nice explanation of why Morgan still keeps Mordred around. I found youn Mordred cute. Jumping out of the laundry like that. :)

-A
GottaBeJustMe chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
That was a nice bitter sweet story :3

Do I get a CUPCAKE YUM

Can you send me your original poem you based this story on? I LOVE poetry :D Thanks for trying out my challenge :)
Lara D chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
"Bluebeard. Yeah, you must be thinking I'm insane or a murderer or something equally as awful. "-Why would I think she was insane? I was confudizzled.

They had school bells in the 12th century and stuff? I didn't know that.

This was...really good. I already know Bluebeard's story, but I was scrolling my iPhone screen up do fast that you'd think it was my first time soaking up the story of Bluebeard. XD I was like, "I know Cecelia's dying, but WHAT'S GUNNA HAPPEN?" Oh, one more thing to point out. You know at the bottom where Morgan was shouting at Bluebeard, screaming, "IT'S NOT OKAY!" or something? It looks better in italics only. Keep that in mind. :)

Overall, job well done! This was a really unique fanfic -yay for uniqueness!

-Lara
SweetShireen chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Ugh,I can't eat anymore cupcakes! I ate so much already (don't ask)...

But I'll review anyway!

Well, this was creative to say the least. No one can ever accuse you of not being and I get that this was the one you were talking about! And the fact that you got the inspiration from a poem you wrote makes me even more proud of you.

*fake tears of not fake happiness*

And it was a pretty good explanation of why Morgan Le Fay (it really is that way) had Mordred around.

Good job.

You deserve...I don't know actually...

but I think my praise is enough! :D