Reviews for Falling
ksatan624 chapter 1 . 8/3/2015
magnifique, encore et toujours.
skepticcynic chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
Castle is just an emotional punching bag in almost all of these stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
omg this was amazing! I cried, and I never cry! u are an amazing writer! please wright more like these
pennanomino chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
beautifully written, i adored this. really, really nice job.
baterista9 chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Well done. Rainy here, a good day to read something angsty that has a hopeful resolution.
muppet47 chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Oh my gosh. Gah. Sadness. This is so lovely and sad. And it's an extreme situation, but I can see Kate reacting like this if she truly believed she was at fault.

"They sank to the floor, a mass of limbs, clinging to each other desperately, both letting their tears bleed onto the other's skin.

Wow. Fantastic, lyrical closing. I really enjoyed this.
Kamyy chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
aaaah gosh you made me cry ! so sweet :)
Ariel119 chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Nice!
Kia95 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Wow that story is just amazing ! It made me cry ! i loved to read it !
thump chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
i don't put angst fics on my favorites list because they are often so sad i don't want to be reminded of them, but this one ended up being very different. so this one may be the only one to get that honor. well done... dammit, i need more tissues.
JellieEllie chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
WHY AM I CRYING? oh yeah, it is because I just read probably the best story ever because the emotion is just dripping from this and its so freaking amazingly fantastically written and there is NOOOOO WORD that can express what I'm feeling right now because I just LOVE THIS STORY SO FREAKING MUCH AND OH MY GOSH I CAN'T STOIP RAMBLING I AM GOING TO READ THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND THIS WAS PERFECTLY WRITTEN AND OMG I NEED TO STOP TEARING UP ITS MAKING MY EYES BURN

THIS WAS SO FREAKING AMAZING. EXTRAORDINARY. FANTASTIC. GIGANTICALLY HUMONGOUSLY AMAZING.

AND BTW IM GONNA PROMOTE THIS
Deb838 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Wow! That was awesome!

I was getting a bit pissed that Kate was doing the whole running away thing again... but the way you brought her back to him... beautiful.

Always! :)
effie214 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
First and foremost, I love you because YES THE CIVIL WARS. I saw them in Atlanta in December and it's honestly the best concert I've ever been to. And yes, I cried during "Poison and Wine" and honestly regret nothing. So, yes, Civil Wars FTW, and I'll stop babbling about them now. (BILLIE JEAN COVER OMG I HAVE SEEN HEAVEN AND IT IS THAT SONG.) /dork

Let's get to the actual writing, though, shall we? I have to tell you that this is incredibly spot-on to how many cops deal with such events and emotions, and I love that you can portray that debilitating pain and grief, the unflinching self-turned blame, the reluctance to return to wearing a shield that they now feel is penetrated by their mistakes and in a sense no longer stands for anything that it once did. It's incredibly effective, and you never let up, which is what I think will stick with me most about this piece. It hurt to read it, and that's exactly how it should feel. I've stood in those processionals, have known many who have lost partners and members of their precincts, and that's exactly how you feel in those situations, so bravo to you on that front.

I also want to commend you on how you ended the piece. It was absolutely perfect. It's nothing more than a start, and again, that's how I feel it would - and should - be after this kind of trauma, because that's honestly what it is. "And the light was back in her eyes, shining dimly but there nonetheless." and "Because perhaps they were still falling, and it was going to take a while for them to fix what she'd done, but this time they were holding hands." are perfect examples of that. It's sort of rising from the ashes of the aftermath, and I love that.

This part was also absolutely heartwrenching (which is why I loved it; oh, hello irony, there you are): "She was running. She wanted to pretend it was different. That this time she wasn't running. From life. From him. From love. But she was. She wanted to pretend that she wasn't losing it, that the elevator that she was about to step into wasn't the rabbit hole that would take her to another world where nothing made sense and nobody knew what she was but everyone knew why she was there. She wanted to act like this wasn't the worst thing she could be doing. That she wasn't ruining all of the progress that she had made with Dr. Burke and her father and Rick. That she wasn't caving in on herself. The walls knew better." Side note: one of the best section ending lines I've ever seen. But again, so very true to life and exactly what I think would be racing through her mind in that scenario.

It's incredibly hard to write angst, let alone well, but you've done it so amazingly here, with both heart and pain, which is not only true to this scenario and these characters, but I also think to life. You've bridged that gap between our happy little fanfic bubble and what we deal with as people on a daily basis, and very, very few fics I've read, particularly in this fandom, do that as effectively and beautifully as you've done here. Congratulations on a wonderful achievement.
easiertolie chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
That was amazing. I cried. So beautifully written. Well done.
TappinCastlefan chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Can I please just tell you how freaking beautiful I think this is? Please! Seriously! I love your stuff, and I think that this is incredible. You capture all the emotion so well, and it's so right. I can literally see it happening in my brain. Fantastic! Great, great job!

Tappin