Reviews for Waiting Game
Eternal Abyss 59 chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
This was extremely sad ;( green was dying slowly and I KNOW that green loved red and red loved green. But Green just thought that it was always Red and Leaf...or at least that's what I choose to believe ;( and when Green wanted to battle Red for the last time...he was slowly dieing :( Why did leaf and Red have to get married DX
Sys-Pin chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Uwaaah So pretty and sad and wonderful! I wuv u!
Plume Sombre chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
I... just can't say a word to describe how I feel. Till the end, I kept a tiny glimmer of hope that Red and Green will reconcile, or that Red will somehow notice Green's miserable state. But I assume that Green still died at the end. .w.

It was so sad, and really, it made damn sense. Green's behaviour around Red since they're kids, his temper that got worse with jealousy and finally his remorse. I felt bad for him when Red beat him immediately after he won the champion's title, especially when he 'joked' about it. He always wanted to be better and stronger than Red... but he asked Eevee to give up to spare her the pain to continue a vain battle.

I think the saddest part is Green's sickness. He kept battling challengers despite his state, his Pokemon were worried for him but couldn't do anything, and he had nightmares. His desire to make his grandfather proud, even after he passed away, was poignant.
I think deep inside he loved Red but didn't want to admit it.

His last wish to battle Red was the last strike to make me feel empty, especially since he visited Red to find him isolated from the world with a sick Pikachu. The confrontation Pikachu/Eevee reflected his relation with Red in a way: they're always fighting with all their strength, and it will never end. He died in his rival/friend's arms and smiled! ; ;

And the epilogue. Heartbreaking. I don't really like the anime, but the fact that they both reincarnated into them was beautiful. They can now fix everything (Gary thought the boy's eyes had to be red and there was Red's introduction reflecting Ash's, so Green is in him).

Without any hesitation, I add your story in my favs. You did a really great job.
See you!
Plume Sombre.
Sweet-With-Talent chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
You killed me but I loved it.
Bunnygoesbang chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
OMG! I love how they reincarnate! XD
MewMewExorcist chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Awwwww... What really did happen to Green? Did he get sick? He died, right? That's what I'm getting, but it was soooo sad! Wah! I loved it though!
ChaosRocket chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
The ending is amazing.
Arya May chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I think that this is one of the best things I have ever read on the Pokemon archives. It's just so deep and shows us so much flaw and all of Green's abandonment issues- emotional turmoil- as well as Red's emptiness and Leaf's futile caring for matters she cannot solve. The ending where Green died was just... amazing. There aren't a lot of Green deathfics out there, and it's nice to not have Red be the one all the time, really.

The epilogue um... I have to say, though I liked your oneshot, I didn't like the conclusion too much. I mean, I understand the meaning behind it, but it's perhaps because I am a diehard Ash Ketchum hater so yeah. I mean, generally among fans of the game, you'd find that they loathe the anime. Not too uncommon, actually.

Again, I loved it.
Kadda chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
It's so unbelievable sad. *sniff* I believe I cried my eyes out while reading this One-Shot. There were so many passages in your text I simply loved and which made me cry at the same time. If an author gets his readers to cry this much he has to be just excellent! I loved everything about your story and the end was kind of special and had a lasting effect.
Satari-Raine chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Excellent, and quite an interesting view of these two. The emotion in this is raw, powerful, and seems realistic to me given the characters personalities. Everyone seemed very plausible in their actions, and the flow of the storyline is well-paced. That ending...so bittersweet, but I did love it; the fact that it tied into the Anime counterparts was unique and clever. I just wanted to let you know that this was a powerful fic and a true treat to read. Great work.
shadowdolls chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
This was so depressing :( The beginning didn't catch my eye that much but when it came to the middle and end...oh god I wanted to cry T.T great story
Nifters chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
wow. i loved it. kind of sad the two didnt get together, but that doesnt matter. the story was amazing.
pie chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
That was so sad... Did Red love Green? D:
Wolfwhispers chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Dear god this was amazing. There was so much emotion in this that the urge to cry was overwhelming. Great job, and I look forward to reading any future works from you.